What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Pacific Championships 2024

Matua

Bench
CHT will stay with Samoa I reckon.

Nikorima is a good shout.. I’d prefer him as 14 though. Cover hooker, halves, fullback.

But if Stacey picks TMM he’s even more unsuited to the role than I already think he is.
Why are you hating on TMM, he had a good season in a car crash of a team. Agree on Foran though. Will be a good foil for Hughes.

@Clarkent No way on CHT as a 6. Bench loosie and halves backup maybe but he's no starting 6.

Why are you hating on TMM, he had a good season in a car crash of a team. Agree on Foran though. Will be a good foil for Hughes.

@Clarkent No way on CHT as a 6. Bench loosie and halves backup maybe but he's no starting 6.
Yea now the season’s over I’m not convinced on TMM to be honest.

Looking back now… he was anonymous before magic round, then was awesome for 3 games, and then massively inconsistent afterwards to the point where he finished the year in Cup.

If it was a full WC campaign or something I’d give him a crack to see how he goes with Hughes. But for just 2-3 games I’d go with Foran or Nikorima easily. If Weekes decides to align with the Kiwis I’d take him over TMM too.

titoelcolombiano

First Grade
Damn Dylan, you just had to get through one more game. Foran in for sure and the Kiwis won't lose much. Need Hughes to get through the season uninjured.

Does anyone know if JMK is fit? Hopefully he is ok for the tournament too. He and Cheese will be a good combo at 9.

shadowformz

Juniors
Damn Dylan, you just had to get through one more game. Foran in for sure and the Kiwis won't lose much. Need Hughes to get through the season uninjured.

Does anyone know if JMK is fit? Hopefully he is ok for the tournament too. He and Cheese will be a good combo at 9.
Brandon Smith won't be available because of ACL issues, jmk is good to go at this stage.

Matua

Bench
Yea now the season’s over I’m not convinced on TMM to be honest.

Looking back now… he was anonymous before magic round, then was awesome for 3 games, and then massively inconsistent afterwards to the point where he finished the year in Cup.

If it was a full WC campaign or something I’d give him a crack to see how he goes with Hughes. But for just 2-3 games I’d go with Foran or Nikorima easily. If Weekes decides to align with the Kiwis I’d take him over TMM too.
Didn't he finish the year with an injury, but, he was more consistent than you're making out, he was anonymous when paired with SJ, and then was sidelined for SJ, which is good from a send off a Warriors great point of view but not for a picking the guy in form.

I'd go Foran first, then TMM, then Nikorima. I'm just glad we have options and don't have to resort to Hiku and Tohu option. ;)

titoelcolombiano

First Grade
Kiwis already missing half thier spine with Smith and Brown ruled out.

At least it'll give the Kangaroos a better chance of beating NZ this time.
Yeah but luckily as @Matua has pointed out, the Kiwis have depth in the key positions these days. They don't lose anything with Foran and JMK coming in. If Fish and Leota stay fit it's a formidable line-up.

Bit off-topic, but I was looking at some pics from the SEQ women's GFs at Kougari Oval.

Underlined how much Aussie RL benefits from Polynesian migration. Family and friends really get out to support the players. Makes for better events and atmospheres.

mikail-eagle

Bench

Jarryd Hayne has been sounded out about a shock rugby league return by Fiji coach Wise Kativerata who wants him to play in the end-of-season Pacific Championships.
And the former NRL star could line up alongside one of the game's most prospects.

RedVee

First Grade

Jarryd Hayne has been sounded out about a shock rugby league return by Fiji coach Wise Kativerata who wants him to play in the end-of-season Pacific Championships.
And the former NRL star could line up alongside one of the game's most prospects.
Doesn’t seem so Wise to me…

mikail-eagle

Bench
Why not, he`s been through enough, he acted like an idiot and has paid the price. Could be very handy in the halves for that team as well, a whole different level of competitiveness.

Fiji should be favorites for the Bowl whether he plays or not.
PNG will be without Alex Johnson, Justin Olam and Zach Laybutt. And Xavier Coates just returned from injury so Melbourne might not let him play on after the season finishes.

Latest posts