What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Pacific Conference Teams

gyallop

Juniors
Druzik. The USA is the best potential market for rugby league yet their monetary focus and support has been directed to the Pacific Nations and PNG where sadly money seems to not find the intended recipient .

The RLIF looks where those you control it want, the big 3 look at the Pacific Nations as a player farm that is theirs to reap so those nations get the cash and support. Australia tipped literally millions into PNGRL league in aid payments which has been wasted yet the RLIF gives them cash and Pacific Nations get cash and administrators.

The USA seems to have been given $1.50. Imagine what the game could be in the USA if they had gotten the what PNG has gotten!!

Evil Homer

Staff member
If what Druzik has said is true, you can't really feel any sympathy for Breen. He should have known who and what he was dealing with. Having said that, hopefully any progress that was made in Hawaii has not been lost.

DP, the USARL don't seem to be focused on expansion of any kind at the moment.

Steve Davy

Juniors
If what Druzik has said is true, you can't really feel any sympathy for Breen. He should have known who and what he was dealing with. Having said that, hopefully any progress that was made in Hawaii has not been lost.

DP, the USARL don't seem to be focused on expansion of any kind at the moment.

Whilst I know what you mean, the whole USA is still an expansion area at the moment. The teams are full of players who are new to rugby league. In time, these young lads will have a strong grounding and move to new areas.

The Baltimore Blues represent another new city, and the amount of travelling that is still required mean it will be tough for them. Each new city represents a tough challenge and standards have to remain high, on and off the field, if the league is to have credibility.

The Rhode Island Rebellion are making big strides in Providence in establishing the sport there.

I think the USARL are doing a great job of expansion, but there are doing the hard work rather than going for headlines.

Evil Homer

Staff member
Whilst I know what you mean, the whole USA is still an expansion area at the moment. The teams are full of players who are new to rugby league. In time, these young lads will have a strong grounding and move to new areas.

The Baltimore Blues represent another new city, and the amount of travelling that is still required mean it will be tough for them. Each new city represents a tough challenge and standards have to remain high, on and off the field, if the league is to have credibility.

The Rhode Island Rebellion are making big strides in Providence in establishing the sport there.

I think the USARL are doing a great job of expansion, but there are doing the hard work rather than going for headlines.
I agree, I meant that they seem to be focused on consolidating their own league rather than taking on expansion 'outposts' or development teams.

IowaRL

Juniors
I agree, I meant that they seem to be focused on consolidating their own league rather than taking on expansion 'outposts' or development teams.

The USARL do have thier "Development Team" section on the website, but they don't seem to be actively pushing in these areas. I beleive they get an invite to the 9's tournament, and admin support, but thats about it.

Lone Ranger

Juniors
I think you will find that with every team there are a core group (or one) that make things happen. Without them there is no expansion of any kind.

Fighter

Juniors
Iowa, we are more than happy to offer more than admin support etc, but the development teams need to show some kind commitment to progress as well. We can't do anything remotely ourselves in an area. Without active involvement from those looking to get up and going except an email occasionally very often it ends up being just that, "future development" and no progress unfortunately. It still falls back on the areas trying to get going to gain support and then we can help guide them through the process to become full members.
And we are very focused on our mission of making our the USARL the highest level of competition in the states and guarantee no forfeits of any games and build from there. We aren't interested in fluffing ourselves up to look bigger than we are. We are content to stay solid and add teams when they are ready be it now or 3 years down the track.

IowaRL

Juniors
Iowa, we are more than happy to offer more than admin support etc, but the development teams need to show some kind commitment to progress as well. We can't do anything remotely ourselves in an area. Without active involvement from those looking to get up and going except an email occasionally very often it ends up being just that, "future development" and no progress unfortunately. It still falls back on the areas trying to get going to gain support and then we can help guide them through the process to become full members.
And we are very focused on our mission of making our the USARL the highest level of competition in the states and guarantee no forfeits of any games and build from there. We aren't interested in fluffing ourselves up to look bigger than we are. We are content to stay solid and add teams when they are ready be it now or 3 years down the track.

One great example of this is Baltimore, they showed the work and effort on the ground, and the USARL helped them from there. Teams which are a Facebook page and not much more is a bit harder to help, you can't play games for them (players are scarce enough at the moment as it is!). In terms of being ready, do you know what happened to the Titans? The USARL does a good job of maintaining a solid competition, so having them vanish is strange.

Looking forward to the Nines competition next year!

deluded pom?

Coach
In terms of being ready, do you know what happened to the Titans? The USARL does a good job of maintaining a solid competition, so having them vanish is strange.

Going on from that, did any of the Titans' players gravitate to any other RL teams or have they been lost to the sport altogether for the time being?

Fighter

Juniors
One great example of this is Baltimore, they showed the work and effort on the ground, and the USARL helped them from there. Teams which are a Facebook page and not much more is a bit harder to help, you can't play games for them (players are scarce enough at the moment as it is!). In terms of being ready, do you know what happened to the Titans? The USARL does a good job of maintaining a solid competition, so having them vanish is strange.

Looking forward to the Nines competition next year!

Iowa, the Titans couldn't fulfill the uSARL competition agreement this year to guarantee no forfeits for any reason and had some issues with their management team and funding (as we all do all the time). They could come back again, but needed to regroup this year. The players didn't move on to other clubs, they just went back to playing union.

GTL

Juniors
IOWA please do not believe anything Fighter says about the Titans. The Titans never had any issues with forfeits or had to borrow players from other teams. The Titans will most likely return next year and join the AMNRL.

photomarv

Juniors
I don't post here very often, but damn GTL that is a pretty strong statement against a pretty credible guy in 'Fighter'.

Anyone who lives here (the US), and is involved in League knows it ain't easy to pay for proper facilities, have proper numbers (it's the summer, and a lot of guys have families and other responsibilities on weekends), money for travel etc, and have the proper sponsorship that can enable most of the above. This isn't Div III Rugby Union where guys show up in any condition, any uniform combination, and have to borrow players in order to have a match. They are trying to field a respectable product, and I guess the Titans didn't want to show up half-assed, and want to get it together first.

amnrlfan

Juniors
IOWA please do not believe anything Fighter says about the Titans. The Titans never had any issues with forfeits or had to borrow players from other teams. The Titans will most likely return next year and join the AMNRL.

GTL, I am curious if these are not reasons the Titans did not participate in the USARL this year then what were the reasons? And why did they not just join the AMNRL for the 2012 season?

IowaRL

Juniors
I don't post here very often, but damn GTL that is a pretty strong statement against a pretty credible guy in 'Fighter'.

Anyone who lives here (the US), and is involved in League knows it ain't easy to pay for proper facilities, have proper numbers (it's the summer, and a lot of guys have families and other responsibilities on weekends), money for travel etc, and have the proper sponsorship that can enable most of the above. This isn't Div III Rugby Union where guys show up in any condition, any uniform combination, and have to borrow players in order to have a match. They are trying to field a respectable product, and I guess the Titans didn't want to show up half-assed, and want to get it together first.

When you are playing in the sticks and developing, that Div III style is okay. When you play in the Bigs (AMNRL North East and USARL), you need to look the part, play the games and not have to worry about missing games due to numbers. We in Iowa can't get a hold of fields proper as yet, sponsorships are hard to come by and money for travel is out of my pocket. Even if it was as simple as not being able to travel to Florida, thats not cheap!

amnrlfan

Juniors
GTL, I am curious if these are not reasons the Titans did not participate in the USARL this year then what were the reasons? And why did they not just join the AMNRL for the 2012 season?

I am not trying to start an argument here I am just curious if you have any knowledge in this. Would like to see the Titans back in it whether it be AMNRL or USARL they were successful for a first year team.