What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Pamatangi sacked

dubby

Bench
The centre we signed from Parra; Tony Pamatangi (sp?) has reportedly had his contract terminated after a string of minor offences. He is disputing the action with the players association.

Source: RLW.

Paullyboy

Coach
Dammit, I just put 20 on us to win the premiership - with him gone, I can kiss that bet goodbye

Mal Meninga

Bench
"Who ever heard of TLL when we signed him?"

- Reaction after criticism of management signing a Parra bench reserve grader.

skeepe

Immortal
I had heard of TLL. In fact, I commented at the time that I believed the signing of TLL was one of the club's best in years.

Chachi

Bench
I was wondering what the story was with him. Well there you go 'eh!

So with him and Lomu gone, Frawley likely to get the arse and a raise in the cap next season, we should have a fair bit of cash up our sleeves (after re-signing Dobbo of course).

Who do we go for in the centres next year? Has Matt King re-signed with the Storm? Anybody know who else is available?

Mal Meninga

Bench
skeepe said:
I had heard of TLL. In fact, I commented at the time that I believed the signing of TLL was one of the club's best in years.

Here's a few who had high hopes for one Tony "Montano Parmajana" Pamatangi comparing his signing to one TLL. A bloke who probably would still be at the Broncos if he weren't often injured.

canberra_raiders2k2 said:
i had no idea who TLL and Thurling were before they came here, heck i laughed at the fact we bought young guys who had never played 1st grade..

I now prefer young players, since no one else wants to come here.

raiders fan forever said:
looking forward to watching him next year, you never know he could be a superstar....

Paullyboy said:
The last time we signed a big, young backrower/centre he turned out to be TLL.

Pamatangi has superstar written all over him. Give him the (c).

Mal Meninga said:
We have some of the best juniors in the comp but I guess if management feels the need to block their path with average players than so be it.

skeepe said:
What the hell are you on about?

A similar recruitment drive last year gained us Thom Learoyd-Lahrs, Dane Tilse and Trevor Thurling.

I guess these are just "average players" who are blocking the path of more taleneted juniors, right?

Macko8 said:
Yeah tony can play centre and in the back row. One of those versatile players like TLL.

A little too much time on my hands but if you want more examples i'll be happy to find them.

julian87

Juniors
Meh.

Plus i don't think losing Lomu and pamatangi will free any roomk under the salary cap anyway.

Raider_69

Post Whore
skeepe said:

TLL had a massive rap on him from brisbane i had known about him for a year or so
i was very critical of the signing of Pamatangi, he was a benchie for Parra PL, we imo have a stronger side all across the park, so the logic being if he could only bench for parra pl what good is he to us?

hotdogs

Juniors
yeah apparently lomu was sacked "under medical grounds" and pamatangi "for a bad attitude" but they are both fighting the club because they won't be paid out any money for their contracts because the club can't afford too. apparently they were let go because we were over the salary cap and thats why they can't be paid out because even if we do pay them it still makes us over.i would say the club would be saving a couple of hundy thousand on both of them.
got to say though good on lomu getting in at the broncos.

jed

First Grade
The real reason for Pamatangi's sacking was because he (1) squeezed the toothpaste in the middle of the tube, (2) he drank milk directly from the carton, and (3) he hogged the bedcovers at night.

Paullyboy

Coach
Mal I'm a little worried that you took what I originally wrote literally. I thought I made it clear enough by saying we give him the (c) next to his name, obviously not though.

thickos

First Grade
jed said:
The real reason for Pamatangi's sacking was because he (1) squeezed the toothpaste in the middle of the tube, (2) he drank milk directly from the carton, and (3) he hogged the bedcovers at night.

You hate that stuff, don't ya jed :sarcasm: :p

Latest posts