What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Pamatangi?

RAIDERS SIGN PAMATANGI
by (Press Release)
Source: www.raiders.com.au

The Canberra Raiders have secured Parramatta's Tony Pamatangi on a new two year deal, which will see him in the lime green until the end of 2008.

The talented New Zealand born player comes to the Raiders with two years of experience in the NSW Premier League, after stints with both the Eels and the Sydney Roosters.

Pamatangi said he is looking forward to joining the Raiders and getting an opportunity to develop his career, and move away from the hustle and bustle of Sydney life.

"I'm ready to move to the Raiders next year and hopefully I can work on my game and become a better player," Pamatangi said. "I'm also looking forward to living in Canberra, it's a bit quieter and somewhere where I think I can really see myself."

Pamatangi said he is excited about the prospect of joining a new club, and in particular getting acquainted with some new team mates.

"The Raiders have some great young players and I hope I can help add to this," he said. "It's always good to get to know some new teammates so I am really keen to get down there."

Raider's general manager Don Furner said Tony will be the type of player who will fit in at the Raiders, and said he looks forward to his arrival next season.

"Tony is a fine young player and we are very happy to have him on board for the next two years," Furner said. "The Raiders have some fine young talent on offer in our ranks, and we're sure that Tony can add to this."

----------

Not only that but what position does he play? I've never heard of him!

Edwahu

Bench
Canberra just signed this guy apparently. Any info would be appreciated, I have never head of him.

strider

Post Whore
he goes alright i reckon .... altho i can't say i've seen heaps of him .... big boy for a centre

bradeel

Juniors
losing younger guys like Parmatangi, Delaney and possibly John Williams make me think that Hagan is going to be bringing across a fair bunch of the lesser known youngsters from Newcastle. Once all the dust settles on the big name signings, I'd say we'll be hearing about some of the lesser known names coming our way.

Utey

Coach
Damn good signing, he was one player who suprised me this year. Probably suprised our coaching staff as well for someone who came so far so quickly in terms of showing his ability.

Hurriflatch

Referee
I've actually been impressed with him in Reggies has filled in well due to the knock of effect of having Ben Smith out since round 4 and Tahu on Origin duty and now injured.

Not sure how he'll go in the top grade tho but at worst Canberra have signed a very good P.L centre

Suitman

Post Whore
If he's as good as some are saying, why have we let him go?
He couldn't have cost that much to keep, surely?

Suity

Hurriflatch

Referee
Paramatangi been impressive in reggies but we've seen on a lot of occasions players not stepping up a level.

Paramatangi looks a lot like a Moimoi type player in the sense that he could come good and be a star but it's more likley he'll be a career reggies player.

James_Hardie

Juniors
Suitman said:
If he's as good as some are saying, why have we let him go?
He couldn't have cost that much to keep, surely?

Suity

I would assume that apart from our first choice centres, it is because he doesn't see much chance for opportunity going ahead with Inu and maybe Farrer as future prospects.

As someone said though, they keep leaving but no one is coming on board....