What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Panesar racially abused

Rammo

Juniors
JJ said:
1. pfffft
2. Did I say people shouldn't be called stupid?

You probably didn't and don't really think that way, but you took that view because it was against Australia.

Everyone hates Australia elsewhere in the cricketing world. We're easily the most hated cricketing country in the world now, and there's one reason, envy and success. People like you take a swipe at us at every opportunity.

We're the best and we have been for a long time now. You all hate that and want to see us fail, there are the rare occasions which we do fail ie India 2001 and England 2005, but other than that, we're just too f**king good for everyone else and you don't like it at all.

I mean, Jesus christ. The big uproar about Martyn and Ponting asking some guy who they don't know and don't give a stuff about to move off the stage so they could celebrate with their mates caused an uproar in the sub-continent.

It was all over the front pages, Tendulkar and co came out and bagged us.

It was done for one reason and that was to deflect away from the real issue that India failed at home again and got nailed by Australia. They all know it but they're a bunch of sooks and will look for anything to divert the attention.

JJ

Immortal
Rammo said:
You probably didn't and don't really think that way, but you took that view because it was against Australia.

Everyone hates Australia elsewhere in the cricketing world. We're easily the most hated cricketing country in the world now, and there's one reason, envy and success. People like you take a swipe at us at every opportunity.

We're the best and we have been for a long time now. You all hate that and want to see us fail, there are the rare occasions which we do fail ie India 2001 and England 2005, but other than that, we're just too f**king good for everyone else and you don't like it at all.

maybe you should read my posts in this thread...

I think the 'everyone hates Aust' thing is a little paranoid... I actually think and want you to win the Ashes... always do, always fun watching the English lose

Macca

Coach
I am now directly asking you the question JJ.

Can you answer it?

If I was to call Flintoff a stupid Englishman, would I be racist?

What if I called him a dumb Anglo-Saxon?

JJ

Immortal
JJ said:
you're being pretty f**king precious Hevy... There's racism everywhere, I have simply taken issue with comments made by EL D, which whether racist or not could be interpreted that way.

It's sad that morons get their kicks from anonomously abusing sportspeople in any form - even moreso when it's racially motivated then it becomes disgraceful. Certainly not unique to Australia, but I think it needs to be addressed wherever it occurs rather than the standard line of "a small number of idiots" being trotted out

that was my first comment here - I didn't say the comment was racist and I didn;t say it wasn;t/ I also didn't point the finger at Aust
As for the question, as with the comments directed at Panesar for me it depends on context.
I'd say if you are a white Australian then no it's probably not racist in my opinion as there are no racial differences
I'd say if you were Indian, Pakistani etc then I'd say yes it would probably be racist.
A key, to me, is the perception of the person who has had the comments directed at them...

Tommy Smith

Referee
Rammo said:
OK, perhaps I was wrong. Maybe he is a qualified Englishman.

But if someone called me a stupid Australian, I wouldn't care and I would hope that I'd have thick enough skin to see that as no more than a passing comment.

Anyway I think this is just the start of it all for this summer. The first of many incidents of the sort, one feels.
Perhaps? Maybe? He is born in England and has lived his whole life to date there. He has as much right to play for England as Andrew Flintoff.

It really is that simple. No 'perhaps' or 'maybe' about it.

Macca

Coach
So you can't be racist if you call an Englishman a dumb Englishman?

but

you are being racist if you call an Indian a dumb Indian?

What if I just call them an Indian?

FFS what a load of tripe. Are they offended about their nationality or being called dumb?

JJ

Immortal
Macca said:
So you can't be racist if you call an Englishman a dumb Englishman?

but

you are being racist if you call an Indian a dumb Indian?

that's not what I said at all...

but whatever floats your boat...

Panesar's as Pommie as they come anyway!

El Diablo

Post Whore
JJ said:
that was my first comment here - I didn't say the comment was racist and I didn;t say it wasn;t/ I also didn't point the finger at Aust
As for the question, as with the comments directed at Panesar for me it depends on context.
I'd say if you are a white Australian then no it's probably not racist in my opinion as there are no racial differences
I'd say if you were Indian, Pakistani etc then I'd say yes it would probably be racist.
A key, to me, is the perception of the person who has had the comments directed at them...

so then this thread would be classified as racist?

http://forums.leagueunlimited.com/showthread.php?t=66968

Macca

Coach
So if I called Panesar a dumb pommy bastard, is that being racist?

What if I call him a dumb, pommy, curry munching bastard?

What if I call him a rag head?

Lego_Man

First Grade
Calling him a raghead would merely be a factual statement - he has a rag on his head. About as racist as calling Shane Warne blondie.

Tommy Smith

Referee
Lego_Man said:
Calling him a raghead would merely be a factual statement - he has a rag on his head. About as racist as calling Shane Warne blondie.
Now surely, for the sake of sanity, you dont believe that. I refuse to believe that anybody could be that simple.

[furrycat]

Coach
JJ said:
Can you read????

I said they infer a superiority/inferiority on the basis of obvious differences between races (most notably skin colour)

FFS with you, Rammo, twizzle and EL D is seems the standards required to be a moderator are not set terribly high

God I love that.

Whenever someone is losing an argument, they have a go at the moderating standards of the forum and say we're bias :lol:

New Zealanders are stupid

azza

Juniors
Lego_Man said:

I'd be calling you a hairist then ;)

[furrycat]

Coach
JJ said:
:shock: took a while for that gem - you feeling under the weather today?:sarcasm:

Almost as good as your,
"Furry did they let school out early today?"
:lol:

You must be a hoot at parties.

Timbo

Staff member
Oh ffs I was waiting for this.

Twiz hit the nail on the head on page one. Call someone a convict and it's all in good fun. Call them Indian WATCH OUT YOU'RE A RACIST!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Somebody give JJ a tissue.