What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Panthers aim up for a western shootout

big boppa eel

Juniors
Remember guys Pritchard is also good for a few brain explosions, and rarely strings back to back performances, Souths are light years in regards to form compared to us, hard but winnable game.

1 Eyed TEZZA

Coach
IT was 15 minutes after Penrith surged back into the finals race by dismantling South Sydney last night and coach Matthew Elliott took the microphone to address the fans.

Then the chant went up. "Bring on Parra, bring on Parra ...''
Elliott just smiled. The countdown to next Friday night's battle of the west, when the Panthers face the Jarryd Hayne-inspired Eels at Parramatta Stadium, had already begun.
"It's the one that we've got to rise to,'' Elliott said in a clear challenge to his players.
"Parramatta are playing some sparkling footy, so it's going to be a big challenge for us and we want to make sure that we make it a big challenge for them."
"And I think it's us who have to rise to it. But I know this group pretty well now, so we just need to have a really good week's preparation.''
After ending the Rabbitohs' finals hopes, Penrith took a big step towards their first finals appearance since 2004 with a win that moved them into seventh position above Parramatta.
Frank Pritchard, the wildcard in the Panthers pack, produced a damaging performance after the Rabbitohs led 4-0 after six minutes.

The Kiwi terrorised Souths with his running game and offloaded at will to have a hand in most of Penrith's seven tries.

Ill take this as a compliment. If the Panthers, coach included, want to reguard us in the way that they are, they could be nerve ridden. Much like our 01 GF.

Kornstar

Coach
So your saying they will let us down by not winning the premiership.

Not at all, i think they will let us down by turning up and putting in a very below par effort at some point, much like the Cowboys game in 2005, you know the one where half of the team doesn't want to be there!

I have enjoyed the ride so far but if being a Parramatta supporter has given me anything it is that i don't trust them for one minute, they are always 1 minute away from having 4 tries put on them in the blink of an eye and leaving us shattered!

I think we are building to something and i trust Ando to turn it around, i am just not sure he can work an even bigger miracle than he already has this year........still too much baggage i think.....

Very happy to be proven wrong though and i will be at the rest of the games we play no matter what......and i can tell you Friday night was one of the most exciting wins we have had for a long time because we were extremely off our game against a very good team and we still won!

I feel sorry for Hayne though because if he has an off game and we lose imagine what this forum will be like against him?

1 Eyed TEZZA

Coach
Not at all, i think they will let us down by turning up and putting in a very below par effort at some point, much like the Cowboys game in 2005, you know the one where half of the team doesn't want to be there!

I have enjoyed the ride so far but if being a Parramatta supporter has given me anything it is that i don't trust them for one minute, they are always 1 minute away from having 4 tries put on them in the blink of an eye and leaving us shattered!

I think we are building to something and i trust Ando to turn it around, i am just not sure he can work an even bigger miracle than he already has this year........still too much baggage i think.....

Very happy to be proven wrong though and i will be at the rest of the games we play no matter what......and i can tell you Friday night was one of the most exciting wins we have had for a long time because we were extremely off our game against a very good team and we still won!

I feel sorry for Hayne though because if he has an off game and we lose imagine what this forum will be like against him?

If we win the comp, your not invited to the after party. :sto:

hineyrulz

Post Whore

The Hayne haters arte just waiting for him to have an off game......

Parraren

Bench

Things are different this time.

I can feel it in my waters...

Stagger eel

Staff member
The Hayne haters arte just waiting for him to have an off game......

I think you mean Hater, he's more than entitled to have an off night after what he's produced in the past few months..

HJ will be the only one moaning about it.

besides, Lowrie, Robo and Ben Smith will cop it first even if they don't deserve it.

mickdo

Coach
If JH has an off night I certainly won't be bagging him for it. He has been the prime reason we have gotten to where we are anyway. By rights we should have been gearing up for mad Monday weeks ago.

TheRam

Coach

Unfortunantely I have been a Parra supporter for way to long not to feel the same way about us.

The Engineers Room

First Grade
I think Hayne is allowed to have an off night. But I disagree he is the sole reason. I am happy the media is focusing on him because they are a few others that have stepped up in recent weeks that have contributed to this winning run. If we beat the Panthers and keep the form going, we will worry a Dragons team that seems vulnerable to me.

carpe

Juniors
Who are they kidding?

They get SMASHED by the Broncos who are playing average at best.

They beat a depleted Souths team that was missing 5 of its TOP stars.
Had they all been in the side it would have been a totally different game.

Now they are saying they will beat us.. at home and at full strength?

I say bring it on, then we will see how dismal they really are.

I have a few mates and the old man talking it up (all Panthers supports).
Told them all to pull their heads in. One good game against a depleted team means nothing other than 2 points.

Coops
I agree. Penright got thrashed by Broncos. We have beat top team in our last 6 matches. They will face complete different team. I think Ando and team knows the importance of playing against Penrith.

Fee

Juniors
I think you mean Hater, he's more than entitled to have an off night after what he's produced in the past few months..

HJ will be the only one moaning about it.

besides, Lowrie, Robo and Ben Smith will cop it first even if they don't deserve it.

Dont forget Eric Grothe as well Stagger.