What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Panthers directors step down

ACTPanthers

Bench
http://www.penrithpanthers.com.au/news/2015/08/12/panthers_directors_s.html
Penrith Panthers can confirm Don Feltis OAM and John Hiatt OAM have resigned from their positions of Chairman and Deputy Chairman on the PDRLFC and PRLC Board of Directors.
Their resignations were effective from Friday, July 24, and accepted at the monthly meeting of the Panthers Board on Wednesday, July 29.
Mr Feltis ends a six decade association as a player, coach and administrator in Penrith rugby league. He was Panthers CEO when the club won the 1991 premiership, was elected to the board in 2002 and served as Chairman for the last six years.
Mr Hiatt joined the Panthers Board of Directors in 2003 and had served as Deputy Chairman since 2009.
Mr Feltis and Mr Hiatt are both Life Members at Panthers - an honour bestowed upon them for their many years of service to the club.
The July board meeting resulted in Brian Fletcher being elected Chairman and Dave O’Neill Deputy Chairman of Panthers PDRLFC and PRLC.
Mr Fletcher has served as a Director since 2011 while Mr O’Neill joined the Panthers Board in 2013.

darkbloom

Juniors
2 senior directors quit suddenly without fanfare. Within hours their photos are taken from the foyer and from the websites.

This wasn't just a double retirement, there is something else going on.

Nealo 12

Bench
Don Feltis notified of his intention to retire months ago. Great administrator did a lot behind the scenes.As much as I would love to see him continue... Gee you cant go on forever, poor bloke needs to put his feet up.

ACTPanthers

Bench
2 senior directors quit suddenly without fanfare. Within hours their photos are taken from the foyer and from the websites.

This wasn't just a double retirement, there is something else going on.

So, where do you buy your tin foil hats mate? Or do you make your own?

murraymob

Coach
These 2 guys gave everything to our club and deserve. The right to retire on there terms as they are now doing

Fibroman

First Grade
They are not young men. Feltis is an ex cop and Hiatt an ex Magistrate. Both stressful jobs. Add to that the responsibility attached to being senior directors at the club, and I'm guessing they probably want to put a pair of trackies on, relax and have a beer watching the footy. Good luck to them both.

darkbloom

Juniors
iT's just an event I find intriguing - no value judgement on either the directors in question or anyone else.

But the other intriguing thing is the sudden retirement of Hiatt as Chairman of Hawkesbury Race Club.

GongPanther

Referee
iT's just an event I find intriguing - no value judgement on either the directors in question or anyone else.

But the other intriguing thing is the sudden retirement of Hiatt as Chairman of Hawkesbury Race Club.

Obviously you have a point you want to make.

Let me help you out.

Two people have retired completely from all manners involving the clubs that they were involved with.

And you know why.....well I can't tell you.And neither can anyone else.And do you know why?

Because it's their own business....maybe they want to go fishing in the mountains in some far away country.

And lastly,these men have led a fruitful and productive life.

Far cry from someone that is wasting his time on the internet in trying to rake up some muck.

Nealo 12

Bench

Let me help you out.

Two people have retired completely from all manners involving the clubs that they were involved with.

And you know why.....well I can't tell you.And neither can anyone else.And do you know why?

Because it's their own business....maybe they want to go fishing in the mountains in some far away country.

Far cry from someone that is wasting his time on the internet in trying to rake up some muck.

Well said Gong, it's a sign of the times with social media ...innocent decisions can be miss construed as a conspiracy . Sad but a reality of life now .

Last edited:

darkbloom

Juniors

Let me help you out.

LOL.

There is no need to get het up about an observation.

The reasons for their resignations may not be my business - But you know the governance of the club is the business of members.

Just as I am interested in the governance of our country, I am also interested, in the governance of the club I belong to.

It is a pity more members did not take an interest beyond the playing group.

GongPanther

Referee
LOL.

There is no need to get het up about an observation.

The reasons for their resignations may not be my business - But you know the governance of the club is the business of members.

Just as I am interested in the governance of our country, I am also interested, in the governance of the club I belong to.

It is a pity more members did not take an interest beyond the playing group.

Your observation about these two people is irrelevant,and out of order to the point that you don't personally know them.Which in essence,is very unfair.Yet publicly you want to put some silly type of 9-11 truther type conspiracy theory behind something so innocent as someone hanging their boots up.

Boy I can't wait for the next state or federal election when we have a thread about it.:roll:

darkbloom

Juniors
Your observation about these two people is irrelevant,and out of order to the point that you don't personally know them.Which in essence,is very unfair.Yet publicly you want to put some silly type of 9-11 truther type conspiracy theory behind something so innocent as someone hanging their boots up.

Boy I can't wait for the next state or federal election when we have a thread about it.:roll:

Being irrelevant means that I fit in well here.

But perhaps you could point out exactly what I have said about these two people and how I have been unfair to them. You are making a judgement on what I have written that is quite wrong. I haven't made an observation about these two people at al. I have made an observation about a process.

It seems to me it is the club has been unfair to them. Certainly the removal of their pictures within hours was disrespectful in the extreme. You may not agree with that observation.

The observation I made is not at all disparaging about these two people, it is making no real comment about them in particular.

I am merely questioning something about the governance of the club and the treatment senior long service people get from our club.

By the way, it is possible that I know these gentlemen quite well.

darkbloom

Juniors
LOL

Bitch, drama spot on.

Curiosity creates the bitch. The bitch loves a good boardroom drama and a conspiracy theory. Though less so when the fallout is unfair.

But whining? Do you have tinnitus?