What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Panthers juniors.

DinkyDi

Juniors
We are coming into a purple patch with our locally grown, and trained, juniors. For years, they have been poached, without any form of compensation.

Clint Newton, has mentioned that he will be discussing this issue with the NRL, and it is about time. This could aid our cause.

Here is a link to that article.

1638760407253.png

1638760462672.jpeg

The_Frog

First Grade
Having just won the premiership, it is exceedingly hard to imagine the NRL tipping the balance in our favour. Not only would the chequebook clubs and their fans squeal like stuck pigs, their supporters in the media would be merciless.

Having just won the premiership, it is exceedingly hard to imagine the NRL tipping the balance in our favour. Not only would the chequebook clubs and their fans squeal like stuck pigs, their supporters in the media would be merciless.
We got our reward in early October this year. The only way we can compete with the chequebook clubs is producing our own, and the o my way we will build a dynsasty is choosing which ones to keep, being disciplined in paying what we think people are worth and continuing to develop a pipeline.

Kilkenny

Coach
We got our reward in early October this year. The only way we can compete with the chequebook clubs is producing our own, and the o my way we will build a dynsasty is choosing which ones to keep, being disciplined in paying what we think people are worth and continuing to develop a pipeline.
I guess we have to have faith in the brains trust, Cleary, Cameron and Co who are in the best position to know what we have coming thru our ranks.

Kilkenny

Coach
Did anyone go to the Junior Rep Trails v Parramatta this morning?
No, I tried googling but couldn’t find any information on our trials against the Eels.

This juniors season proper kicks of this Saturday with home games against the Victorian Thunderbolts. Not sure whether they will offer an indication of how our junior teams will fare this season but if I’m doing nothing I’ll try and get down for a look.

Original Name

Juniors
Look up the Roosters team and most of them were recruited when they were 16/17. If a junior is anyone who's played for the club in u/18's that's most of Roosters' players. Similar thing with Storm with guys like Harry Grant. This is like the 6 again rule. The smart coaches will just exploit it to hell and back and the gap between the best teams and the worst teams will continue to grow. It would be a rule that rewards early talent identification/retention and if the bad teams were good at that they wouldn't be down the bottom.