What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Panthers next.

I'm Hornby

Juniors
If Sullivan gets a consistent run in the five eighth jersey, I hope he learns to take the ball to the line more. Everyone talking up his defence but what did he offer on the ball tonight? Looked to me like he learnt a thing or two from Corey Norman which is catch and pass immediately 90% of the time and telegraph a run with a goose step the other 10% of the time.

It is a shame that all of the attacking responsibility falls on Hunt's shoulders, if he had a decent fullback and five eighth around him, our attack would be much more fruitful.

Kilkenny

Coach
At the game this evening, it was a really tough and at times dour contest.

I thought the Dragons line speed was really good and the effort was really evident.

I think the key to our win in the end was the try on the stroke of HT. Going in level at HT was critical to our coming away with the win.

Im not sure we come away with the win if we were behind 12-6.

It probably wasn’t a great spectacle watching in TV but at the game I thought it was a pretty rugged contest.

I know tonight’s margin ended up 8 points but to think you guys have lost more than half a dozen games by basically six points or less is kinda difficult to take and I feel for you guys.

saintmar

Juniors
If Sullivan gets a consistent run in the five eighth jersey, I hope he learns to take the ball to the line more. Everyone talking up his defence but what did he offer on the ball tonight? Looked to me like he learnt a thing or two from Corey Norman which is catch and pass immediately 90% of the time and telegraph a run with a goose step the other 10% of the time.

It is a shame that all of the attacking responsibility falls on Hunt's shoulders, if he had a decent fullback and five eighth around him, our attack would be much more fruitful.
How can Sully show his attacking ability when Hunt wants all the ball and does nothing with it.
Hunt just does not know when to pick his time.
He needs to pick another club.
But I Don't think there will anyone wating to pick him up.

Dragon Blood

Juniors
The new coach hopefully will turn us around. We get a few quality players and we can be a force. I thought for sure that we were gonners by 40+ tonight, but good on them for playing the full 80 minutes. I really hope that the Doctors can sort out Cody Ramsey before next season starts. He will need plenty of rehab and weight and muscle to put back on. If he was fit and played this year, we would have won a number of games.
I really liked the fact he dropped McHammerone, showed me he has some cahoonanas and foresight in what we have seen all season.

All the better for Bud whilst Bunt is still here for the next few weeks…something is brewing in the background methinks

SAP58

Juniors

The NRL need to apologise to the club and supporters for this.

The referree should have ignored the touchie and played on and waited till the next play the ball and call the goose on to explain. He had a clear view and ruled straight away it was a knock back there was no need to change his decision straight away, I agree with Flanagans comments. Ripped off again !

jeffdragon

Bench
At the game this evening, it was a really tough and at times dour contest.

I thought the Dragons line speed was really good and the effort was really evident.

I think the key to our win in the end was the try on the stroke of HT. Going in level at HT was critical to our coming away with the win.

Im not sure we come away with the win if we were behind 12-6.

It probably wasn’t a great spectacle watching in TV but at the game I thought it was a pretty rugged contest.

I know tonight’s margin ended up 8 points but to think you guys have lost more than half a dozen games by basically six points or less is kinda difficult to take and I feel for you guys.
The problem is if Hunts out.
We have 0.
That is the mismanagement of the hierarchy and appointments of nuffies.

R&WTILLIDIE

First Grade
With respect R & W the team doesn’t deserve the wooden spoon. In fact I hate the thought of it. I can’t fault their effort and although they didn’t win tonight, I saw enough to make me more optimistic about next year provided we can land ourselves a decent coach who can move some players on and sign a few good ones.
Mate…the problem with us and all the shit teams in the Ieague is, they’ll play one decent game…and they’ll make you get your hopes up. Then they’ll play like dog shit for the next 4 weeks, and you end up wondering why they can’t play like they did that one week. I hope I am wrong and you are right. But from recent weeks/ months/ years, this team has been consistently shithouse

R&WTILLIDIE

First Grade
He was better than BMM on the edge, but that is not saying much. Toby Couchman would be a good edgie, but Carr has dropped him for some reason.
The bloke is the poster boy for the dragons. Consistently shit, but somehow gets to play first grade more than what he actually deserves to play.

and just on chicken Tika masala. The bloke should be in a nursing home. He’s just another old lump of a signing that the dragons are used to getting. He’s good for 5 minutes and then dies in the ass

Last edited:

Illusion

Bench
Big prob is soon as we score points , they make a mistake , you now they won't get any short drop outs either way recieving them or kicking them , couldn't hold off for 60 seconds before half time , Penrith score , many times Liddle was looking and asking who wants the ball , mistakes , not playing to the whistle all add up to not winning close games .......

Victoire

Juniors
As soon a Burns dropped that ball before half time you knew Penrith would score. Dumb dumb stuff. Then the Murdoch-Masila obstruction at the end which was just pure dumbness. We should have won the game - which is in itself astonishing really, not something you'd expect to have said before kickoff.

Zac Lomax had his best game of the year though, and I still like the Hunt-Sullivan halves combo. My kingdom for a goalkicker and another decent edge forward

If Sullivan gets a consistent run in the five eighth jersey, I hope he learns to take the ball to the line more.
He and Hunt ran a lazy combined 55m last nite. Sully started with intensity, almost put us away with a smart injection and offload. That is what he needs to be doing more of going forward as he does possess reasonable ball skills, is more natural than Junior who will be freer to take on the line more. Hunt is best interchanging between half and hooker as Carr has intimated. Sorry Moses Mbye your days are numbered as second dummy half old chap.

Latest posts