What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Panthers team vs Eels

FUIFUI_MOIMOI

Juniors

Noise

Coach
I realise the season is 2 weeks away but Where's nathan smith? ive got him in my fantasy side at centre. Is he injured? This is gona throw my whole backline out of whack
As if being an eels supporter isnt stressful enough, supercoach dam near consumes my life. Serenity now

natheel

Coach
apparently kearney said on eels reels that this weeks side will pretty much b the round 1 team. very good hit out against a strong penrith side before taking on the warriors...BRING IT ON!!! teams are going to underestimate us

jk13

First Grade
adrian purtel at 2nd row. isn't he that shirt grabber who plays centre/wing? i'll giv him 5 mins until the coach pulls him for running away from our forward pack

Gronk

Staff member
Where's our farkin side then ?!? This Board, I tell ya. :crazy:

mxlegend99

Referee
adrian purtel at 2nd row. isn't he that shirt grabber who plays centre/wing? i'll giv him 5 mins until the coach pulls him for running away from our forward pack
That's him... but Matt Elliott won't drop him under any circumstances. He'll move him around and throw him in at hooker or halfback before dropping him.

It took until Round 2 of the finals last year for Matt Elliott to finally admit that he wasn't good enough to crack our full strength backline (or IMO even be in the top 2 depth players) and he just moves him to the second row rather then dropping him.

It's a solid team, but I can't wait for Waterhouse and Smith to come back and force Purtell out of the side.

mrpwnd

Bench
That's him... but Matt Elliott won't drop him under any circumstances. He'll move him around and throw him in at hooker or halfback before dropping him.

It took until Round 2 of the finals last year for Matt Elliott to finally admit that he wasn't good enough to crack our full strength backline (or IMO even be in the top 2 depth players) and he just moves him to the second row rather then dropping him.

It's a solid team, but I can't wait for Waterhouse and Smith to come back and force Purtell out of the side.
That'll never happen under Elliotts watch haha.

I'm surprised Coote ain't starting at fullback, could Penrith possibly be looking to make Gordon their fullback for the season?

mrpwnd

Bench
Why not? Ultimately it's ideal that you'd want your strongest side to play a trial together so they're prepared for the first round properly.
Could go either way, if Parra play close to their strongest squad so close to round 1 it could risk injury to key players although for the most part people generally want their best players to be fit and ready for round 1.

mxlegend99

Referee
That'll never happen under Elliotts watch haha.

I'm surprised Coote ain't starting at fullback, could Penrith possibly be looking to make Gordon their fullback for the season?
Nope. I'm hoping he'll move to centre... but a Matt Elliott article last month suggested he would stay on the wing and have to move around and go looking for the ball. Basically the same sh*t he had to do last year before playing at fullback.

Coote will only play about 20 minutes off the bench against Parra. Just a small run as he had surgery and wouldn't be fully fit as yet. With Jennings and Gordon now ruled out this is probably our backline:

1. David Simmons
2. Sandor Earl
3. Brad Tighe
4. Adrian Purtell
5. Ryan Walker

Even with 3 players out, Adrian Purtell still stands out as the weak line our backline IMO. Hopefully Simmons and Walker kill it and push Purtell to the bottom of the pecking order.... although realistically they could score 10 tries each and still not crack the side ahead of Purtell.