What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Panthers v Broncos

murraymob

Coach
Every Tuesday or Wednesday the club trainer does a update video on injuries we will know clearys return a bit better then.Edwards in a interview today said no chance this weekend

mxlegend99

Referee
Really like the finishing ability of Staines but wonder why he doesn’t try to cut back inside and make it easier for the kickers? Like for the try he scored, he only had to step Tesi Niu. He probably could have got the try in the 1st half too had he done that instead of going for the corner. It will also put the defenders in two minds; atm, they know he will always shoot for the corner. It’s not just this one game either, gives the impression he doesn’t have a step in him which I’m sure is not true.
I think zero hesitation in his finishing is why he has the strike rate he does. He just goes straight for the line without f**king around.

With how poor our backup kick options are it would be nice to make the kicks a bit easier. But if it means he's gonna miss more tries because he's thinking too much it's not worth it.

Staines has 14 tries atm. Last winger to score 14 or more for us was Mansour back in 2016 with 16 tries in 25 games. Might be the first time our leading try scorer is a winger since then too.

franklin2323

Immortal
Because he's such an expert centre.

No but he plugs gaps.

Round 1 Api goes down. He slotted in
Round 3 v Storm Edwards goes down he slots in
In Bathurst when Capewell done his rib he covered there..

Allows the rest of the rotations to stay in place. As well as not moving too many players.

That is why a 14 playing in several positions is great

franklin2323

Immortal
Not me. His is still our best 14 by a long way, and his versatility to come on and cover 1, 3/4, 6, 7, 9, 11/12 and 13 is not matched by any other player.

Peachey is prob the only one in the comp. Ivan starts him incorrectly but as a 14 he is good

Kilkenny

Coach
That will make some people happy
It shouldn’t. Any injury weakens our squad so that thinking is silly or plain stupid. We’ve continued to somehow grind out wins even without our best players and May in the 7. I think May has done a better job than he has been given credit for, really solid defensively and has contributed to try assists. If he is out now for minimum of four weeks it just weakens us further. I don’t know which way Ivan is going to go this week against the Storm but i would go with Luai in the 7 and Salmon in the 6.