What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

parking

The Dodger

First Grade
this sunday, would you think i could find parking at the game?
if so, how early would i have to get there?
and apart from the normal car park, where else can i park?

Macca

Coach
You will need to get there pretty early for the Car Park. Probably 12.30ish.

I reckon Gannons rd will be chockers by about 1pm. If you get there any later I'd say you'll be struggling for a park within 15 minutes walk.

carcharias

Immortal
Mate I'm Driving and this is my plan of attack.

I drive up to the round-a-bout near the Toyota factory and chuck a U turn.
I park on the opposite side of the road heading west.
If you go past the club and park up near the high school you will be fugged for hours trying to get out...unless you go through Cronulla that is.

My way is a bit of a hike but it's better than sitting in traffic.

Thomo.

First Grade
or when carch does the U trun at the roundabout, you'll see a deadend street. sometimes local park along that street and you ahve a quick getaway from the main road.

if you know the streets, come down denman ave, then turn down the street (sorry i don't know the name) that leads down to toyota and park in streets there, not a far walk.

but carch's idea is good

Craigshark

First Grade
I'll be getting there late, because i have to work in the morning.. Actually, i am rostered on to work between 12-5, but there is no way that will be happening..
Usually park in the De La, Carpark.. Won't have any chance getting in there on Sunday but..

ScotaaySharkie

Juniors
I'm rocking up with 2 mates in my car around about 12:20ish, i'll just go in the normal car park pay the $10, unless you guys recon thats a bad idea, i mean the only time i've actually driven there was for the cowboys game and that was a low crowd so geting out was a sinch.

gunnamatta bay

Referee
I walk to the ground in about 20 minutes from south caringbah. The walk home always seems longer with a belly full of beer!

Thomo.

First Grade
gunnamatta bay said:
I walk to the ground in about 20 minutes from south caringbah. The walk home always seems longer with a belly full of beer!

f*ck i can usually never remeber the walk home wioth a belly full of beer!:alcho:

newman

First Grade
When I used to drive I would be heading east along cpt cook, bang a left into Resolution Drive BEFORE you get to that Toyota roundabout and park as close to the ground as I could get (Usually between the storage place and Toyota). Its a ten minute walk. Driving out is a snap even in the biggest crowds because you can go around the back and hook up with Taren Point Road.

Thomo.

First Grade
newman said:
When I used to drive I would be heading east along cpt cook, bang a left into Resolution Drive BEFORE you get to that Toyota roundabout and park as close to the ground as I could get (Usually between the storage place and Toyota). Its a ten minute walk. Driving out is a snap even in the biggest crowds because you can go around the back and hook up with Taren Point Road.

f*ckin gold newman gold!

Aries

Bench
ScotaaySharkie said:
I'm rocking up with 2 mates in my car around about 12:20ish, i'll just go in the normal car park pay the $10, unless you guys recon thats a bad idea, i mean the only time i've actually driven there was for the cowboys game and that was a low crowd so geting out was a sinch.

They block off the road now, it shouldn't be a problem... Park right up the western end of it, that way you should get out early, ie: 10 mins or so... Ive been to two games in recent times, Souths game last year and the Chooks game... both had about 14,000. I reckon there will be another 6-7,000 there. There are also no trains apparentley, which will only add to the Parking problems...

There is also a road to the public fields, that costs nothing, and 20 ft from the western end of the car park. its a 5-7 minute walk and is also a quick exit! But dont tell anyone, shhh!

ScotaaySharkie

Juniors
lol thats always chockas, and considering the game is at 3pm, people parked there for soccer might have planned to just go there after their games adding to the early build up =\

cheers for the help but, and on the way out from the parking lot, i hope to see some fellow CSSC members stoping all non CSSC traffic out of that parking lot so i can get out even quicker :lol: , however its more likely acouple of you will be passed out on the road from beer + tired from walking 5mins :lol:

Aries

Bench
ScotaaySharkie said:
lol thats always chockas, and considering the game is at 3pm, people parked there for soccer might have planned to just go there after their games adding to the early build up =\

cheers for the help but, and on the way out from the parking lot, i hope to see some fellow CSSC members stoping all non CSSC traffic out of that parking lot so i can get out even quicker :lol: , however its more likely acouple of you will be passed out on the road from beer + tired from walking 5mins :lol:

Yeah, mine were both night matches...

The Majority of the CSSC will stager on to a bus heading west, after the preso, from previous posts here...:lol: