What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Parra linked with Firman

Redback71

First Grade
and the drags would still be paying par of his salary as he still is under contract for 1 or 2 years

Phillips

Referee
would be a good signing, infact I hope we get him....as i think there would be room for Firman, Witt & Thorman all in the 17

Avenger

Immortal
Rather then send a private message. I would like to ask Jake the Snake and others. Is Firman in the long term a better bet then Tim Smith ???

Unreal V

Juniors
Do we really need another half, between Dykes, Witt and Thorman haven't we got that covered?

Forwards, don't we have enough big men if thats the way we are going to go.

With Lyon, Grothe and Vialeki out our back line has no debth. In years gone by we had one of the better if not the best back line; it seems with all the emphasis on forwards and halves our back line has been neglected.

We don't need another half back or 5/8

Phillips

Referee
i dont think we really need another half either, i'd like to see us get another prop(s) and some quility backs.....but when a player that has the potential as Firman does comes off contract its best to take a chance and get him, injuries has stuffed up Dykes' career anyway,

bartman

Immortal
Yeah, he's another half... albeit quite a good one... but we should only look to signing a half if Dykes is going.

We have Witt on long term contract, we have a relatively cheap option on Thorman for next year, and we've got a developing young Tim Smith on ice. And some handy players that can fill in at 5-8 at a pinch (Morris, Mateo... Wags?).

Chase some centres please Parra!

Avenger

All I will say is that Tim Smith will be the next dominant half back in the NRL. He has the game to go all the way, but we need to be patient until he comes through all the grades.

There is no quick fix solution, we need to rebuild. And buying players for big money wont solve the problems.

Parraren

Bench
Jake, just out of interest what was your opinion on Steve Witt when he was with us last year?

Sean7

Juniors
Depending on how much Firman costs us, I'd like to see him at the club. If last year's form was anything to go by, it looked to me like he could turn into the next great halfback. I saw every game of his and more often than not, he was really impressive, brilliant at times. Witt was very good at times too, but he didn't really do anything comparable to Firman. Firman was playing like a veteran.

With his injuries though, well that's why I said depending on how much he costs us.

strider

Post Whore
Firman was a very good player last season - many believed he was rookie of the year - poor bugger, one injury and he's given the cold shoulder.

But I also think he had some good players around him to help him look good....Barrett (altho injured alot) would give Firman alot of free space by attracting defenders and the strong St George forward pack gave him a good platform......Having said that, St George didn't do alot better than us last season - infact worse - so is he really gonna make a difference?

Earl

Coach
Just remember Firman wants to play halfback. From what I've heard part of the reason he will be leaving Saints is because they want him to play hooker (pending Mark Riddell of course) to make room for Matt Head.

damo72

Juniors
Firman was dropped to premier league before he was injured and I can't see why we would even look at him, as many others have said we have Witt, Smith, Thorman and Mateo all running around at the club and given a decent opportunity they will prove successful. I for one would love to see Witt/Smith in the 6 and 7 for years to come as if we do buy someone else to fill in the halves spot we will be talking about these others saying why did we let them go.

Latest posts