What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Parra R 26 Now or Never.

jeffdragon

Bench
Well here it is .
Still in our hands ever so slightly.
Not confident against Eels who throw caution to the wind.
We will match up better with the Eels.
Against teams near or behind us we fair well.
We are 3w 9l s v top teams and 8 w2 l against teams 9-17.
We are WLWL.
Was hoping to win 2 in a row.
Just hope we don't make it 2 losses in a row.
Love to go to Kogarah in R 27 with the game meaning something for us
PULL YOUR FINGERS OUT SAINTS.

Dragon David

First Grade
The games with expectations are the games we have struggled with.. the pressure of this one is going to be immense.. I do hope that we come out with an all or nothing approach though.. give it everything..

We cant make those errors though.. we just cant.
These are exactly the games we lose
Well here it is .
Still in our hands ever so slightly.
Not confident against Eels who throw caution to the wind.
We will match up better with the Eels.
Against teams near or behind us we fair well.
We are 3w 9l s v top teams and 8 w2 l against teams 9-17.
We are WLWL.
Was hoping to win 2 in a row.
Just hope we don't make it 2 losses in a row.
Love to go to Kogarah in R 27 with the game meaning something for us
PULL YOUR FINGERS OUT SAINTS.
Expectation will crush us
I'm saying it now. It will be a miracle if we win the last two games but miracles can happen. I reckon the best is one win and one loss. Who we beat and who we lose to I couldn't care less but we will end up on 30 points which is great for the season with the just average squad of players we have had for this year. Most of the losses we had were terrible and the wins good but not brilliant.

What we faced today against the Sharks was them wanting to remain in the top 4 and they played accordingly for a convincing win. Now we will be facing the Eels on Fathers' Day and they will be very hard to beat to stay away from the wooden spoon as they do play the Tigers in the last game on Tigers home ground and if they are both locked on the same competition points coming to that last game, whoever loses will get that unwanted prize. So yes, Eels will be hard next week.

We then play the Raiders at home (which doesn't matter as far as I am concerned because at Kogarah, we are shit). They are on 26 points but play the Roosters at Allianz next week and so will get done and stay on 26 points and the best they will end up with if they beat us in the last game is 28 points with maybe a poorer for and against. So, I would say we beat the Raiders at home though.

The Broncos who are on 26 points with the best for and against amongst those teams on 26 points have the Dolphins and Storm to beat to make 30 points. They should beat the Dolphins but Bellamy would love his team to take confidence into the finals by beating the Broncos in that last game.

The Dolphins will lose their last two games against the Broncos and the Knights and stay on 26 points.

Pretty much touch and go and if we can win both games against the Eels and Raiders then we are in the semis. We win only one game and it will be a toss up with the Knights and with their for and against being better at this stage, they will be the 8th team.

Please Dragons win against the Eels so that at least we know that if we beat the Raiders we are in the semis.

Blood Shot Eyes

First Grade
Just to add to the pressure of this game (which I've already had doubts on)....they have an 8 day turn around and we have 6.....but reality steps in and tells me if we can't beat 2 teams under us at the pointy end of the season then besides the satisfaction of making the 8 (after being one of the favs for the wooden spoon) we will exit very early in the proceedings....and I'll throw in we would be playing at our oppositions home ground whatever happens in the next 2 weeks

matPORTS

Juniors
Before the Titans game I thought this was the best 17 that would get us over the line and into the finals...

The most important change is Ravalawa needs to come back in for Max Feagai and Lomax back into the centres on the right.

I've made a couple of tweaks to the starting line up based on the last fortnight. Am okay for Bird to play 6, but we need a utility so have gone with Marshcke (assuming he is fit). Seems Flanno is also happy having JDB coming off the bench:

1. Sloan
2. Tuipulotu
3. Matt Feagai
4. Lomax
5. Ravalawa

6. Bird
7. Hunt

8. Molo
9. Liddle
10. Lawrie
11. Leilua
12. Su'a
13. Eisenhuth

14. T Couchman
15. R Couchman
16. JDB
17. Marshcke

redv13

Bench
Before the Titans game I thought this was the best 17 that would get us over the line and into the finals...

The most important change is Ravalawa needs to come back in for Max Feagai and Lomax back into the centres on the right.

I've made a couple of tweaks to the starting line up based on the last fortnight. Am okay for Bird to play 6, but we need a utility so have gone with Marshcke (assuming he is fit). Seems Flanno is also happy having JDB coming off the bench:

1. Sloan
2. Tuipulotu
3. Matt Feagai
4. Lomax
5. Ravalawa

6. Bird
7. Hunt

8. Molo
9. Liddle
10. Lawrie
11. Leilua
12. Su'a
13. Eisenhuth

14. T Couchman
15. R Couchman
16. JDB
17. Marshcke
Agree 100%. Starting off our sets with the combo of Lomax, Rava and Tui will punch holes through Parra and take some heat off the forwards.

Marschke on the bench if available would also allow good coverage for 6,7 and 9 and maybe give Liddle a spell if needed

saintmar

Juniors
I’d love Suli back next week but surely that won’t happen. He’s missed 2 games only, strongly doubt he’s good to go just yet.

Flanno’s better off playing Zac right Centre and Rava right wing with Matt F left Centre and Tui left winger
Someone thinks he is only a winger

jeffdragon

Bench
I'm saying it now. It will be a miracle if we win the last two games but miracles can happen. I reckon the best is one win and one loss. Who we beat and who we lose to I couldn't care less but we will end up on 30 points which is great for the season with the just average squad of players we have had for this year. Most of the losses we had were terrible and the wins good but not brilliant.

What we faced today against the Sharks was them wanting to remain in the top 4 and they played accordingly for a convincing win. Now we will be facing the Eels on Fathers' Day and they will be very hard to beat to stay away from the wooden spoon as they do play the Tigers in the last game on Tigers home ground and if they are both locked on the same competition points coming to that last game, whoever loses will get that unwanted prize. So yes, Eels will be hard next week.

We then play the Raiders at home (which doesn't matter as far as I am concerned because at Kogarah, we are shit). They are on 26 points but play the Roosters at Allianz next week and so will get done and stay on 26 points and the best they will end up with if they beat us in the last game is 28 points with maybe a poorer for and against. So, I would say we beat the Raiders at home though.

The Broncos who are on 26 points with the best for and against amongst those teams on 26 points have the Dolphins and Storm to beat to make 30 points. They should beat the Dolphins but Bellamy would love his team to take confidence into the finals by beating the Broncos in that last game.

The Dolphins will lose their last two games against the Broncos and the Knights and stay on 26 points.

Pretty much touch and go and if we can win both games against the Eels and Raiders then we are in the semis. We win only one gamand it will be a toss up with the Knights and with their for and against being better at this stage, they will be the 8th team.

Please Dragons win against the Eels so that at least we know that if we beat the Raiders we are in the semis.
My thoughts exactly.
If inly it were that easy
I think the Titans are a chance this week v Knights

Dragon David

First Grade
My thoughts exactly.
If inly it were that easy
I think the Titans are a chance this week v Knights
Well if the Titans can do the Knights, that would help. The last round is the one that will be the most interesting I feel. A win against the Eels is my great hope.

hewi

Bench
Does it really matter , if we make the 8 we will be beaten in the first week. We are pretenders.

Latest posts