What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Parra R 26 Now or Never.

BLM01

First Grade
Hi All. New to post on here though have been reading for years.
Let’s hope these below calculations work out for us. Disappointing about the result yesterday. We just got outplayed . No line speed. I think the main one is Brisbane V Dolphins

- Brisbane to beat dolphins then lose to Melbourne = 28 points
- Dolphins lose to Brisbane then beat Newcastle = 28 points
- ⁠Newcastle beat Gold Coast then lose to dolphins = 28
- ⁠Canberra to lose to roosters then lose to us = 26

- Dragons on 28 - 1 more win should get us in
I really hope Dolphins smack Brisbane to shut them up

Last edited:

since77

Juniors
Ok I've dusted myself off after the sh&tshow that was yesterday.
If we can't beat Parra & Canberra - and come on both of them are totally beatable - then we don't deserve to make the 8.
We're due for what Old Timer calls a "blip on the radar" week this week - so our form line suggests we win - just don't say we're improving if we win............
I think we win after a nervous 1st half and set ourselves up for an all or nothing game against Ricky's Green weak gutted dogs.

Blood Shot Eyes

First Grade
We have not lost to a team behind us on the ladder since R5.
Jeff take your pick this week mate..Dr Jeckl or Mr Hyde....who the eff knows with this outfit...........can't believe the inconsistency every second week....from playing and coaching in the past I have never witnessed such parameters like ours.....our blokes tbh are a coaches nightmare .....I have zero confidence this week....having said that mate what would I know....I tipped us to beat the Sharks yesterday

TheRev

Coach
Lomax ctr, rava wing. Lomax hardly gets involved apart from a high bomb kick. He needs more involvement.
Will be interesting to see if they rush Suli back.. I might even ponder Mat Feagai to the bench if he is.. just in case..

Lomax seems slower than ever lately.. his carries are tbf always tough carries, but they feel like they are 5m runs.. and the bomb catching is something Hunt needs to be more conscious of, teams are lining up 3-4 blockers for the long kicks.. id probably save that tactic for the shorter kicks..

Wolfgang90

Juniors
We're pretty much stuck with the same 17, maybe a Rava/M. Molo types for changes but they won't be the reason why we win or lose. It all comes down to our best players Hunt, Su'a & Lomax. If all 3 have big game then we win, if they don't then we lose. Luciano is also important but imo not at the same influence as the other 3 yet.

Trying to get creative,

1. Sloan
2. CT
3. Su'a
4. Lomax
5. Rava
6. LKT
7. Hunt
8. Molo
9. Liddle
10. T. Couchman
11. Luciano
12. Bird
13. JDB

14. R. Couchman
15. M. Molo
16. Coric
17. Egan

Maybe RFM somewhere too

This will never happen but it shows the issue with our current roster quality.

Wolfgang90

Juniors
I thought the suggestions of Rava to the middle was stupid but after seeing the regular poor performances from all our 'experienced' middles apart from JDB, I think it's time to pick Rava on the bench for a similar spencer leniu/bmm style impact. We have nothing to lose with our middles, they suck. Might as well see if we can strike gold with Rava? Who knows it might be a new lease of life on his footy career.

I'm pretty sure Ben Creagh went from winger to fwds, Wiki & Papali'i too.

Illusion

Bench
As you say teams are working Lomax out , so once the bombs and catches are not happening any more is Lomax quick enough to still be effective on the wing or as a centre ........ ?
Will be interesting to see if they rush Suli back.. I might even ponder Mat Feagai to the bench if he is.. just in case..

Lomax seems slower than ever lately.. his carries are tbf always tough carries, but they feel like they are 5m runs.. and the bomb catching is something Hunt needs to be more conscious of, teams are lining up 3-4 blockers for the long kicks.. id probably save that tactic for the shorter kicks..
T

LenyB

Juniors
We lost the game through the forwards. The scum where ruthless early up the middle and we made some errors early.

They are a top 4 side when they play like that against lower teams.

Cant see the parra pack doing the same, after 20mins they will slow down.

We hung in, but the scum front row rotation is way above ours.

BLM01

First Grade

We should try Lomax bomb back to the middle like Kennedy yesterday isolating Gutho. Teams are standing around having a beer around the barbie out wide blocking Zac's run ATM.
But I have said all along apart from the catch and efforts what does he offer as a winger, making breaks, setting up tries, out pacing opposition..no
I cant believe he has been earmarked for Australia on the wing

Latest posts