What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Parra R 26 Now or Never.

Illusion

Bench
I am astounded that so many in this thread are only discovering we are not that good today???

We haven't played finals in 6 years for a reason. That we might have stumbled over the line this year is no huge feat. Even Hook and Mary had their moments be they short lived. I think our squad is as bad as we have seen in decades (credit to Shane for getting us close). There's enough opportunities to jag wins if you are up for it. We took some of those wins this year but each and every time we were put on a huge stage - we faltered - and not only that, got bashed into oblivion.

I want to believe better days are ahead but days like today and last week just remind us of how screwed we are in a NRL system that is not looking to do us any favours.

Now cue the words of positivity about 2025 from within the club and from it's less knowledgable supporter base but we simply can't compete in this competition on or off the park.
The only reason we were where we are was the two games we won beating the Storm and Panthers ( F**K knows how we got those 4 points ) take them away and we are really a bottom 3 side

Dragon David

First Grade
Well if only the boys threw caution to the wind all match, we might have had a better chance of winning. It looked grim and it was much of the game, but at least the guys did not throw the towel in and kept plugging away. Our starts at the beginning of each half were shit that caused the result of the eels scoring to a big lead that was hard to catch, but we nearly did in the end.

The game is a full 80 minutes not bits and pieces of time. Need a lot of hard work during the off season. We need speed. Rava too slow. A winger with speed would have carved up the Eels today. Rava runs on the same spot.