What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

parra

munge

Juniors
this is differnet to parras final runs in previous years (eg 01 , 05 , 07). in those years they finished high and had all the pressure on them. this year they finisehd 8th and are coming from the other direction with no pressure on them

I disagree. 2007 was similar to this season. They came 5th and had momentum but met the undisputed top team that year in Melbourne in Melbourne and fell short 26-10 in the prelims.

this is differnet to parras final runs in previous years (eg 01 , 05 , 07). in those years they finished high and had all the pressure on them. this year they finisehd 8th and are coming from the other direction with no pressure on them

How have they got no pressure???

They've played two sudden death matches, lose and that's it. Enough pressure?

Wolvpaw

Juniors
Munge

I was at the game in 05 to see us lose to the Cowboys,i was at a bbq with everyone on the Newcastle underdogs in 01,the 07 loss hurt some more too

Enjoyed all the Parra wins over the last weeks and was there on friday night to do some Parra chants

The pressure does feel different this year and the mood on Friday night was awesome

Still some nerves for me though to we beat the doggies

wittyfan

Referee
Eels also came from 7th to reach the grand final qualifier in 2000 but lost to Brisbane in a close one.

Eelectrica

Referee
We do a lot better when we go into the finals expecting to be beaten every week.
But yeah, plenty of pressure on now. Chances like this can't be taken for granted. Even though we seem to have this every second year thing going.

Evenflow

Bench
LOL you can't help but laugh when fans/players/coaches etc come out and say there's no pressure on them. It means sweet FA where you finish on the ladder or if nobody expects you to win, the fact is when you're playing in sudden death finals there's pressure on every side to win, especially when you're playing in the game to make the grand final.

In Parra's case considering they've been in 5 preliminary finals in the last 10 years and only won only 1 of them you'd have to say they'd be under plenty of pressure. But you keep telling yourself they aren't :sarcasm:

Eelectrica

Referee
LOL you can't help but laugh when fans/players/coaches etc come out and say there's no pressure on them. It means sweet FA where you finish on the ladder or if nobody expects you to win, the fact is when you're playing in sudden death finals there's pressure on every side to win, especially when you're playing in the game to make the grand final.

In Parra's case considering they've been in 5 preliminary finals in the last 10 years and only won only 1 of them you'd have to say they'd be under plenty of pressure. But you keep telling yourself they aren't :sarcasm:

Is there an invisible post on here? What parra supporter said there's no pressure?

Evenflow

Bench
Is there an invisible post on here? What parra supporter said there's no pressure?

Did i mention Parra fans specifically? I'm sure pretty much every club has had some fans/coaches/players come out at one time or another and say there's no pressure on them. The only reason i used Parra for an example here is because that's what team the thread is about.

Eelectrica

Referee
Did i mention Parra fans specifically? I'm sure pretty much every club has had some fans/coaches/players come out at one time or another and say there's no pressure on them. The only reason i used Parra for an example here is because that's what team the thread is about.

OK fair enough.
No doubt there's pressure though.

For Hindmarsh and caylo the clock is ticking. After 2001 they probably figured they'd make it back soon enough. Hasn't happened.

The thing of it is Parra has been dealing with the same pressure for last 2-3 months. So that's gotta give some confidence at least. Only time will tell whether it's enough...

Wolvpaw

Juniors
The clock is ticking for Caylo but did you see him break the line and find some fresh air on Friday night,now that was cool

If the gods are kind can you let Hindy score the winning try Friday night

Mr. Fahrenheit

Referee
This year we have DA & Ozzie, thats why it feels different for me anyway. There has been a cultural shift at the club, hopefully it'll prosper as it moves away from the ineptitude in the past.

Loudstrat

Coach

I disagree. 2007 was similar to this season. They came 5th and had momentum but met the undisputed top team that year in Melbourne in Melbourne and fell short 26-10 in the prelims.
In 07 at Etihad we had about 3 tries disallowed because Inu's left boot was 2mm too wide. We could have won that game.

JT was coach - and like this year there was major changes at the club mid year. I remember after Brian Smith left, players like Cayless and Tahu began to smile when they won. Like this year, the players look like they are enjoying themselves.

westie

Bench
The '07 semi against Melbourne was quality. Far better than the grand final. Had Inu been in, Parra probably would have won and Melbourne reach 3 GFs without a win.

Nickeel

Juniors
In 07 at Etihad we had about 3 tries disallowed because Inu's left boot was 2mm too wide. We could have won that game.

JT was coach - and like this year there was major changes at the club mid year.

Hagan. JT took over from Smith midway in '06 for the remainder of that year.

Nick

Hanscholo

Bench
Gee I dunno, if they werent under pressure at Kogarah in week one, then i am having a hard time defining pressure. Lose and your out, against the minor premieres away.

caylo

Bench
Gee I dunno, if they werent under pressure at Kogarah in week one, then i am having a hard time defining pressure. Lose and your out, against the minor premieres away.

after 18 weeks they were 5 wins, 2 byes, 1 draw and 10 losses coming 14th on the ladder and not far from the wooden spoon. If they wont under preasure then I want to know the what is?

mortz

The '07 semi against Melbourne was quality. Far better than the grand final. Had Inu been in, Parra probably would have won and Melbourne reach 3 GFs without a win.

this statement makes no sense. had parra won, melbourne wouldnt have reached the grand final...