What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Parramatta Eels' $2m to sign Jarryd Hayne for life

Stagger eel

Staff member
If you happened to go into a coma 6 months ago and had just woken up, you'd be pinching yourself with what's going on at Parra. Can't believe so much good stuff is happening. :D

without putting a dampner on it i'd be still mighty pissed off about where we are on the table...;-)

JoeyJoJo83

Juniors
THE Eels are one step closer to snaring Jarryd Hayne for life with Parramatta CEO Paul Osborne yesterday opening negotiations on what is expected to be a $2 million deal.

Sport Confidential can reveal Hayne and Osborne met at Parramatta Stadium where they began discussing a four-year extension which would keep the game's most gifted fullback at Parramatta until 2014.
Hayne is off-contract at the end of next year and several NRL rivals are ready to pounce after the 2006 Dally M rookie of the year's stunning State of Origin campaign.
But we are told Hayne is keen to stay at the Eels and is expected to sign off on a new deal by the end of the month.
It is understood the Eels are willing to offer Hayne a deal worth about $400,000 a year, reflecting his standing as arguably the game's most exciting player.
Hayne last month said he would be happy to ignore offers from other NRL clubs should the Eels come up with the right deal

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sp...d-hayne-for-life/story-e6frexnr-1225758881623

Gronk

Staff member
He'll be off contract again at 26. Hardly "for life". A good result nonetheless.

Grail

Juniors
Hardly for life, but it is "one step closer to signing him for life" if he does agree. Nobody (player or club) would be stupid enough to offer a 10+ year contract. But tying him up in decent chunks is as close as you'll get.

Mickyd39

Juniors
he is worth that for sure.

if he keeps the same attitude he has at the moment, i can't see why they would not make him captain once Hindy retires.

I think by that stage of his career he will be more mature and step as a leader.

Gronk

Staff member
It seems that we will have one of those make or break years in 2010. It will be the year that we field the best side we've had for a decade. We will be at the top of our cycle. Beyond that the salary cap will force us to flick players and also face a few retirements.

ianlovesparra

Juniors
He is contracted for next year right?
So if he signs for 4 more years that means the 2million dollar contract starts in 2011 and finishes in 2014. So wouldnt that then be $500,000 a year?

I say give him that much anyway.

yy_cheng

Coach
Well, he could retire at 26 !!

Does the 10 year rule apply only starting from 1st Grade or through the ranks.

When the 2 nathans retire, who would be our 10 yearers.

Burt

Stagger eel

Staff member
on current form 400K is a bargain...but i'll cop 500K purely because he's one of the most marketable figures in the game.

Freak2

Juniors
As good as Jarryd is going there is no way we can make him the highest paid player in the NRL.
I prey we do keep him but the $$ rugby will throw at him will be hidious.

I doubt we will retain his services.

I wonder if C9 and the NRL will step in like they did for A. Johns!!

J.hardiplank

Juniors
I thought he could of shown a bit more loyalty in his answers. It seems every other clubs players show loyalty and pride in the club except ours? I guess Pricey and co haven't got into him yet, telling him, Mateo etc what it means to wear the blue and gold jersey? He won Rookie of the year, made NSW and Australia with us. He's gonna get paid top coin, we gonna win the next 3 premierships so what more does he want? What other club can offer him more than that in the game? Nothing. Except maybe Russell Crowe introducing him to one of his hollywood honey mates.

Latest posts