What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Parramatta Eels Holden Cup & Junior Reps Thread Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gronk

Staff member
NSWRL ‏@NSWRL 22s23 seconds ago
FT: #HMatts @TheParraEels 13 def @PenrithPanthers 12.

Heartbreak for the young Panthers, while the Eels are through to the Grand Final!

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
Sounds like a gutsy win

I assume the Panthers are the main opposition in HM ?

Do we know who we have in the GF and have we played them already ?

Obscene Assassin

First Grade
Sounds like a gutsy win

I assume the Panthers are the main opposition in HM ?

Do we know who we have in the GF and have we played them already ?

It definitely was. We dropped a lot of ball early but when we held onto it we looked good.

Nah there's better teams.

Not yet Knights play the dogs starting at 230.

Delboy

First Grade
Saw the Knights play, they are the quickest and best all round team in Matts. Dogs and big and play through the forwards

Difficult to pick a winner, but Knights may get the biscuits

Obscene Assassin

First Grade
Was a bludger of a game for us. Duggan impressed me with some big runs and high minutes. Matt Doorey continues to show me why he was robbed of a NSW pathways spot. Asaeli Vuivakau had a big defensive game.

Was a bludger of a game for us. Duggan impressed me with some big runs and high minutes. Matt Doorey continues to show me why he was robbed of a NSW pathways spot. Asaeli Vuivakau had a big defensive game.

I didnt watch todays game, but i 100% agree with you re: Matt Doorey, for me his has been the standout back rower in the competition. Tell me how parra only get 4 players in Pathways and knights get 8. Stefano hardly played this year so your telling me wellington seve is the only parra forward deserving of a nsw pathways squad, please.. How did JP Norah - Cliff L - Kschneider - Dillion 7 all go today.?

Last edited:

Obscene Assassin

First Grade
JP had an okay game by his standards. Made some breaks, threw a nice pass to his winger but his play the balls were too slow.
Cliff ran well and made some half breaks, thought we should have gone to him more often but it seemed we wanted to play the right side more.
Schneider had his typical game. Not as much running but his defence was top notch in the middle. Kicking game fantastic once again.
Brown not his passing best but he looked good running to the line.

Forgot to mention that going in to half time Charbel Tasipale encouraged our team to jog off the field and we did whereas penrith were walking and heads were down. It doesn't seem like much but it shows a good attitude from our boys.

JP had an okay game by his standards. Made some breaks, threw a nice pass to his winger but his play the balls were too slow.
Cliff ran well and made some half breaks, thought we should have gone to him more often but it seemed we wanted to play the right side more.
Schneider had his typical game. Not as much running but his defence was top notch in the middle. Kicking game fantastic once again.
Brown not his passing best but he looked good running to the line.

Forgot to mention that going in to half time Charbel Tasipale encouraged our team to jog off the field and we did whereas penrith were walking and heads were down. It doesn't seem like much but it shows a good attitude from our boys.

Thanks for all the info throughout the year, i have no doubt parra can win, hopefully a few boys who were out injured are back for the GF. Good luck parra

Obscene Assassin

First Grade
Thanks for all the info throughout the year, i have no doubt parra can win, hopefully a few boys who were out injured are back for the GF. Good luck parra

No dramas mate. I'm nervous about this game but I'm hoping for Scott Jones and Anthony Field this group can win after last year's disappointing GF.

I do hope William Kei is back, he's such a handful for opposition defences and really helps our attack especially close to the line.

Forty20

First Grade
Woooo. Thoroughly absorbing game. Sporting cliches incoming. Newcastle played a very good hand but our boys dug deep to bring it home.

Status
Not open for further replies.