What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Parramatta Eels Juniors

I can not comment regarding u20s as i didnt watch the game as i attended the SG Ball final today.
But
I did speak to one of the coaching staff about todays u20s game.

The team has struggled so far this year with allot of injuries and no consistency positional wise.
With key players out injured the teams depth has been tested.!
Compound that with handling errors and silly penalties we have not given ourselves the best opportunities to compete.
We welcomed back Tipari a few weeks ago from his 2nd ACL and 12 months of no football and today we welcomed back Akafolou from an ACL also.
Both boys will take time to get there timing and confidence back and will benefit the team in the coming weeks.
But so far both boys today were very solid and the team is only going to benefit with these 2 boys playing and getting better week in week out.!
Still with so many injuries and key players missing the boys traveled to Newcastle today and come away with a great win.

Todays game against a strong Knights team was going to be difficult but the boys named dug deep and impressed.
Minimal mistakes and only a few silly penalties the boys showed grit and a work ethic to defend there line and turn up for each other like there lives depended on it.
But it didnt start that way being down 10-0 early.
I was told Cronin off the bench was outstanding and worked his ass off like he had a point to prove.
Tui at right center was extra ordinary with his carries and made numerous line beaks and defensive bone crashing reads.
New player from Fiji Turaganivalu Nabeteleva playing right wing was something special, His first game today showed he will be one to watch in the future. Busting runs with amazing speed to burn. Keep an eye out.
Best player on the field was apparently Schneider. Leading the team around the park and his defensive efforts.
Other notable mentions were
Michael Cheer at Full back,
Bailey Biondo Odo very solid.

Next week the boys play at Guildford on Sat v Dragons. Get out there if you are free and available.

T-Boon

Coach
Here is a question:
Would we have done better out of a rookie draft rather than having control of the juniors over the last 10 years?

Obscene Assassin

First Grade
Joe Taipari was the standout in yesterday's game for mine. Kept the pressure on the knights with some nice grubbers into the in-goal, threw some well timed passes and straightened up the attack with his footwork. 12 months ago he was our dominant half in this grade so it'll be interesting to see where he plays after 2 or so months back.

The new Fijian winger, who I'll call JT cause I'm not going to try and spell his name was pretty good. Needs to toughen up a bit I think.

Joe Taipari was the standout in yesterday's game for mine. Kept the pressure on the knights with some nice grubbers into the in-goal, threw some well timed passes and straightened up the attack with his footwork. 12 months ago he was our dominant half in this grade so it'll be interesting to see where he plays after 2 or so months back.

The new Fijian winger, who I'll call JT cause I'm not going to try and spell his name was pretty good. Needs to toughen up a bit I think.

Joe is a fantastic player. Can't wait to see him back to his best. He has made a huge impact since returning and only going to get better..

JT name is a mouthful lol.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Turaganivalu Nabetelevu ffs

giphy.gif

Here is a question:
Would we have done better out of a rookie draft rather than having control of the juniors over the last 10 years?

Well, there's not much advantage in have control of juniors. People who devote a lot their time to the club naturally tend to get attached to young players and personal loyalties understandably develop, leading you to retain players who are probably never going to make it at the very top level. On the other hand, other clubs can focus their attention on identifying the very elite prospects. Not a criticism of the people who work for basically nothing...just a reflection on the reality of how this works in a lot of cases.

Latest posts