What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Parramatta Eels Juniors

I would assume both Talagi & Fagalele are injured? Both big outs especially coming up against 2 very good Rooster sides.
Does anyone know if the following players from last year are still with the club? Luke Maroun, Tyrese Lokeni, Josh Alhazim, Terrence Lafai & Saxon Pryke.

Delboy

First Grade
At the gym, some Penrith and Parra Matt’s player were weight training, they commented that the Dogs have made massive raid in this age group on their mates in the Riff and Parra juniors, possibly some of the better players according to them. Personal calls with promises from Gus, some lessons learnt from how the Roosters and Manly operated these last 10 years or so.

No names mentioned m but the boys seemed genuine in their comments on the raid, more players from the Riff targeted.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
That's a bit odd for mine, it's gonna take about 5 years before they mature into NRL players, assuming they do, and even then they can be poached by other teams

18 year olds I can understand but these kids are 15/16

hindy111

Post Whore
At the gym, some Penrith and Parra Matt’s player were weight training, they commented that the Dogs have made massive raid in this age group on their mates in the Riff and Parra juniors, possibly some of the better players according to them. Personal calls with promises from Gus, some lessons learnt from how the Roosters and Manly operated these last 10 years or so.

No names mentioned m but the boys seemed genuine in their comments on the raid, more players from the Riff targeted.

That's fine but it is up to our club to be making sure the slimy merkin doesn't get them before we do lock the best ones up.

Delboy

First Grade
That's a bit odd for mine, it's gonna take about 5 years before they mature into NRL players, assuming they do, and even then they can be poached by other teams

18 year olds I can understand but these kids are 15/16
Josh Schuster, Olakamatua , Fainu brothers and others like current Manly Ball half back from Penrith were ferried over to Manly at age 15 weekly, Roosters have taken more than a few to play Matt’s. That makes them competitive and if they work out , they comment that it’s their junior systems development.

hindy111

Post Whore
Josh Schuster, Olakamatua , Fainu brothers and others like current Manly Ball half back from Penrith were ferried over to Manly at age 15 weekly, Roosters have taken more than a few to play Matt’s. That makes them competitive and if they work out , they comment that it’s their junior systems development.

What half . Tyler Bunting?

hindy111

Post Whore
Yep, St Mary’s junior for 7/8 years, now Manly captain after playing there for a couple of seasons.

He played with friends son. I've heard a different story why he left but. Nothing bad. But suggesting Manly poached I am unsure.

hindy111

Post Whore
Yeah I bet he was ‘unwanted’ right? Amazing how many gun players are unwanted by their junior clubs. Seems the club that ended up paying the most was the only one that wanted him.

Sure but its possible at a strong club another half coming thru and they liked more or saw ore talent unsure and was given favouritism in that position so perhaps a player may b e come disgruntled and look elsewhere.

JokerEel

Coach
Sure but its possible at a strong club another half coming thru and they liked more or saw ore talent unsure and was given favouritism in that position so perhaps a player may b e come disgruntled and look elsewhere.

You have to be pretty stupid to leave the Panthers system as a 15/16 year old to go to Manly.

Stick around at Panthers until you are 18/19 and have learnt from the best and you will have more options or go to Manly and take a wild guess that they have a system in place.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
You have to be pretty stupid to leave the Panthers system as a 15/16 year old to go to Manly.

Stick around at Panthers until you are 18/19 and have learnt from the best and you will have more options or go to Manly and take a wild guess that they have a system in place.
Manly’s ‘development’ system was very successful for a couple of years there. Then the money must’ve run out.