What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Parramatta Eels Juniors

JokerEel

Coach
So with all the off season hype around Ethyn Martin, he must have some glaring problems that he needs to work on, if he can’t force his way into our NSW Cup side.

You would assume so! Nothing comes to mind watching him in Ball/Flegg last year when you compare him to some others..

Obscene Assassin

First Grade
Twidle
Lynn
Tuivaiti
Pryke
Brazel

I don't expect them all to get a call up this week but with the changes in Cup....

Twidle and Lynn need to learn to play without Sanders and Arthur, I think they fit Flegg currently. Tuivaiti looked a bit under done last week. I agree with Pryke, he was on a tear ran hard every time and tackled everything in his path and did it for 70 minutes if not close to it. Brazel is a tricky one, he's working off a lesser halves pairing so it's hard to show what he's capable of. He is probably better than Alderton but maybe not Keir.

Gronk

Staff member
You would assume so! Nothing comes to mind watching him in Ball/Flegg last year when you compare him to some others..
BUT I did put this in the new cap rules thread…

So if you drop Asi or Dunster or Cini for Ethyn Martin then maybe we don’t want to lose a depth player. Edit: dont care about Cini.

Top 30 players can seek a release from their contract if dropped below State Cup level.

Delboy

First Grade
So with all the off season hype around Ethyn Martin, he must have some glaring problems that he needs to work on, if he can’t force his way into our NSW Cup side.
Understand it’s a contracted numbers thing, the release of a couple of players this week should mean that Martin can be registered. Does sound a bit strange but that’s the info I was given.

Gronk

Staff member
Understand it’s a contracted numbers thing, the release of a couple of players this week should mean that Martin can be registered. Does sound a bit strange but that’s the info I was given.
Excellent, better than my gloom and doom bullshit.

Delboy

First Grade
So Mark ONeil signed Jake Tago from the Penrith juniors to play centre in Cup, any chance he thought he was signing Izack Tago. Michael Jennings left us 4/5 years ago and never replaced, now he’s on the Roosters NRL bench , recruitment really need to have a good hard look in the mirror.

JokerEel

Coach
Twidle and Lynn need to learn to play without Sanders and Arthur, I think they fit Flegg currently. Tuivaiti looked a bit under done last week. I agree with Pryke, he was on a tear ran hard every time and tackled everything in his path and did it for 70 minutes if not close to it. Brazel is a tricky one, he's working off a lesser halves pairing so it's hard to show what he's capable of. He is probably better than Alderton but maybe not Keir.

I don't get the top line.. Why would you not want to bring players through together where they have combinations. That's how you develop.

Then they bring in Tago. When you could have moved Asi to centre Apa to fullback Lynn to six (but makes it a bit hard with Hands at 6 but he should be 14) but maybe it is a contract thing as Delly mentioned.

Obscene Assassin

First Grade
I don't get the top line.. Why would you not want to bring players through together where they have combinations. That's how you develop.

Then they bring in Tago. When you could have moved Asi to centre Apa to fullback Lynn to six (but makes it a bit hard with Hands at 6 but he should be 14) but maybe it is a contract thing as Delly mentioned.

They were massively underwhelming in the loss to penrith last week. For 2 players who did full NRL pre-seasons they didn't play like it. This is their team, they can't sit and wait for Arthur and Sanders to do things for them, they need to do it themselves.

JokerEel

Coach
They were massively underwhelming in the loss to penrith last week. For 2 players who did full NRL pre-seasons they didn't play like it. This is their team, they can't sit and wait for Arthur and Sanders to do things for them, they need to do it themselves.

Cup was also underwhelming. Wenty must have killed it in RMC 44-0 win! Players promoted..

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Keir is a quality reserve grader. He might even get a run in first grade one day.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
There’s plenty of players in NSW Cup outside the top 30. That isn’t what’s stopping Martin from getting picked.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Is he a contracted CUP player? Do you know how the rules work for players allowed to play in cup?
The top 30 isn’t stopping him from becoming a ‘contracted CUP player’ ffs. It hasn’t stopped some of the nuffies named in reserve grade this week.