What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Parramatta Eels Juniors

Delboy

First Grade
This seems to be the modus operandi of the club in recent seasons, where we've got into these deals where we're committed to giving someone a Top 30 gig in 2 to 3 seasons time.

This has really come back to bite us on the arse this year with a number of Top 30 players on contract at the start of the year that we've done everything we can to not give them a go in the NRL team. Some have already left.

I wonder if this is a practice at many other clubs?
Not sure there a lot we do at recruitment and retention level is practice at any other club, obviously an area that needs a co complete refresh.

Junior reps have players from NZ , Country and QLD and believe the chief scout has spent the last 3 weeks in QLD researching players at schoolboy and rep area games.

That’s why we are seeing a rise in performance in Matt’s, Ball and now Flegg , believe there are more changes which will benefit our younger rep players in the pipeline.

Delboy

First Grade
Not sure there a lot we do at recruitment and retention level is practice at any other club, obviously an area that needs a co complete refresh.

Junior reps have players from NZ , Country and QLD and believe the chief scout has spent the last 3 weeks in QLD researching players at schoolboy and rep area games.

That’s why we are seeing a rise in performance in Matt’s, Ball and now Flegg , believe there are more changes which will benefit our younger rep players in the pipeline.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore

Avenger

Immortal
I’d be tempted to tap both of our overpaid props on the shoulder and go with Tuivati and Joffa and buy someone like Kaufusi back from the Sharks or Stefano for $700k tops.

JokerEel

Coach
I’d be tempted to tap both of our overpaid props on the shoulder and go with Tuivati and Joffa and buy someone like Kaufusi back from the Sharks or Stefano for $700k tops.

Club needs to go and steal an up and coming prop from another club like the Roosters did 12-13 years ago with JWH poached him from Manly.

Need an aggressive young merkin to go with our forwarda coming through

Soto

Bench
I imagine Tuivati would need to get to NSW CUP first before he will be considered for NRL. I think his time will be 2025/2026.
With the right coach and off season training I'd be happy to throw him in the trials.
Would also be happy to promote him last 5 games this yr to give him a taste.
We are going to finish last or 2nd last...promote all the young guns now.
If we come last at least we add to our trophy cabinet
Let's be honest the blokes in 1st grade aren't doing the job now anyway

hindy111

Post Whore
With the right coach and off season training I'd be happy to throw him in the trials.
Would also be happy to promote him last 5 games this yr to give him a taste.
We are going to finish last or 2nd last...promote all the young guns now.
If we come last at least we add to our trophy cabinet
Let's be honest the blokes in 1st grade aren't doing the job now anyway

I don't think it helps him at all. If you want to promote then NSW CUP for the rest of the year.

JokerEel

Coach
I imagine Tuivati would need to get to NSW CUP first before he will be considered for NRL. I think his time will be 2025/2026.

We never rush our forwards through. I think Barlow even played a few games for Wenty before playing first grade..

I assume Sam and Saxon will be developing next year.

Anyone know what happened with Lance from the SG ball side last year?

Avenger

Immortal
He went well, but it just exposed how much effort the rest aren't puting in.

He did nothing more than just play with enthusiasm, ran hard and tackled hard.
But Lane said after the game “you just get used to it” (not winning). f**king insipid flop !!