What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Parramatta Eels win race for Ben Roberts

Gronk

Staff member
Parramatta Eels win race for Bulldogs five-eighth Ben Roberts and sign him to two-year deal

288786-ben-roberts-canterbury-bulldogs.jpg

Moving on: Bulldogs pivot Ben Roberts has signed with the Parramatta Eels. Source: The Daily Telegraph

PARRAMATTA have won the battle for in-demand Bulldogs playmaker Ben Roberts, signing the Kiwi International to a two-year deal last night.

The Eels beat the Titans and Sharks to secure Roberts, who has been unable to dislodge young Canterbury halves pairing Trent Hodkinson and Kris Keating this season.

Parramatta wanted Roberts immediately but the Bulldogs refused to grant a release out of concerns they might need him to cover for an injury to either Keating or Hodkinson.

Roberts will join fellow recruit Chris Sandow at the scrum base next year, spelling a possible move to hooker for current five-eighth Daniel Mortimer
http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sp...to-two-year-deal/story-e6frexnr-1226057294184.

Cocidius

Juniors
IMO quality player and from all reports his killing it at cup level...
His kicking game was awesome before his injury...probably rivaling Soward in terms of long kicking game and the natural motion in his kicks...

born an eel

Bench
still a few days till the election, should be able to keep Josh busy for the next couple of days releasing favourable articles.

I am led to believe we can not actually get their signatures on contracts till after the june 30 deadline, so I take it that is why these details are being released to the media without the club making official press conferences with the player.

cv8z

Juniors
still a few days till the election, should be able to keep Josh busy for the next couple of days releasing favourable articles.

I am led to believe we can not actually get their signatures on contracts till after the june 30 deadline, so I take it that is why these details are being released to the media without the club making official press conferences with the player.

so we can still make a play for idris and champion as they havent signed?

The Omen

Juniors
Roberts will join fellow recruit Chris Sandow at the scrum base next year, spelling a possible move to hooker for current five-eighth Daniel Mortimer

so where exactly will Mortimer fit within the list with M.Keating and McGuire (who should definately be resigned)

Avenger

Immortal
A solid signing. Bye bye Morts. So much for being like a young Cooper Cronk. Kearney is no fool. Credit to Rogue for suggesting Roberts months ago which I happened to agree with. ;)

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
BEN ROBERTS TO JOIN PIRTEK PARRAMATTA EELS ON TWO YEAR DEAL

The Pirtek Parramatta Eels have signed former international Ben Roberts to a two-year-deal from 2012.

Roberts' signing comes on the back of Chris Sandow's recent decision to join the Pirtek Eels next year.

Pirtek Eels coach Stephen Kearney said the Bulldogs pivot would provide further depth to the club's solid base of existing talent.

“Ben's played at international level and while he's had a hard run with injuries recently, we know his potential,” Kearney said.

“We're looking forward to having him with us next year and being a part of what we're building here.”

Roberts, who last represented the Kiwis in the 2008 Anzac Test and has since appeared for Samoa, said he was excited to be joining the Pirtek Eels squad next year.

“I'm happy to have my future sorted and I'm looking forward to the next chapter of my career,” Roberts said.

“I'm really excited to be playing under Steve next year and want to thank the Bulldogs for everything they've done for me for the past six years.”

Pirtek Eels Chief Executive Officer Paul Osborne said Roberts' signing was another positive step in the club's recruitment drive.

“We're building towards something big here and to sign someone of Ben's calibre is another great sign of the direction we're heading,” Osborne said.

“Ben has plenty of experience that will add a lot to our club and I know he's excited about the opportunity to play under Steve Kearney.”

http://www.leagueunlimited.com/article.php?newsid=21147

the_eel

Juniors
A very good signing in my opinion. Roberts has more ability in his left foot than Mortimer has in his whole body. He's quick, nice step, good kicking game and reasonably strong in defence so i think he'll be a great addition to next years side.

Gronk

Staff member
Time for SK to have the same talk with Morts, as Ando did with Finchy.

born an eel

Bench
Time for SK to have the same talk with Morts, as Ando did with Finchy.
we just need him to go back to Wenty and dominate there, some other club will come along and sign him up and think they have a great deal, even though he is not good enough to displace the first grade 5/8. :sarcasm:

Latest posts