What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Parramatta Leagues Club board sacked, administrator appointed

strider

Post Whore
i'm still actually confused as all f**k exactly how much we were considered over the cap in dollar value .... can someone point me to a figure

Gronk

Staff member
On ABC news they said that Bozo was not sanctioned bc he was not currently aligned with an NRL club.

He is an immortal however. Does that make him untouchable?

—————-

“Bob is not a registered official of the game so we have no ability to sanction any rules on people who sit outside the game,” NRL CEO Todd Greenberg confirmed after handing down a range of penalties on the Sea Eagles.

“Bob worked there for a period of time but no longer works inside rugby league.

“He has no standing inside rugby league as a registered official and that means the rules we can apply to registered officials don’t apply.

“The reality is I have no jurisdiction over Bob Fulton. That’s the reality of the rules.”

Asked if the IU had attempted to interview Fulton as part of their lengthy investigation into the club’s cap rorting, Greenberg replied: “The Integrity Unit reached out to Bob on numerous occasions. My understanding was he was unavailable for the times that were requested.”

http://www.nospam47.com/au/league/n...ap-bob-fulton-bozo/138pdrx4gkul11hz42n0u4olbh

Gazzamatta

Coach
Fulton did a runner and got away with it.
Take his lmmortal tag off him and officially ban him from any future role aligned to the NRL. Make a statement.
I bet Horse Head Hadley goes quiet in this instance.

strider

Post Whore
apparently DCE was one of the main benefactors .... ffs how much is the merkin on? I thought he was already getting a billion under the cap

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
So no-one has really learned from 2010 and us in 2016.
What clubs learn, when they recruit players from outside the club, is that every other club is rorting the cap with TPAs as well. How about Peats ringing Seward and demanding his TPA cash or he wouldn’t play footy. He obviously expected the club to guarantee it when the introduced TPA provider wouldn’t. Where’d he get that idea if not his previous club?

emjaycee

Coach
i'm still actually confused as all f**k exactly how much we were considered over the cap in dollar value .... can someone point me to a figure
From the period 2013 - 2015 inclusive we were over by $2.33m
For 2016 at the time of getting caught, we were over $560k
So just under $3m over 4 years - allegedly.

Gronk

Staff member
Bob says that he hasn’t had a chance to defend himself. Maybe he should not have hidden himself from the integrity boys when they were investigating Manly ? Toddy said yesterday that Bozo did not return calls.

Gronk

Staff member
Immortal Bob Fulton a footy outcast over Manly salary cap rorts

Bob Fulton, one of the greatest players in rugby league history and a member of the exclusive Immortals club, wants to know what he has done wrong. After a salary-cap investigation into his former club Manly stemming eight months, Fulton has become the story — the central figure in a probe that yesterday prompted the National Rugby League to hand down sanctions against the Sea Eagles and several key officials.

“I am absolutely filthy about this process and how it has been handled, with the NRL being judge, jury and executioner,” Fulton said. “I don’t even get a say. I didn’t even get the chance to defend myself. I am looking at my options, to be honest with you. I just want clarity, I want transparency.

“This is a little bit like the finances of the NRL — they’re not transparent. This whole process hasn’t been transparent for me because I haven’t had access to anything. Then all of a sudden, because of who I am, I am the main event. I am out of the game.”

The NRL yesterday announced Manly had been fined $750,000 after it was found to have rorted the cap to the tune of $1.5 million over a five-year period.

Former chief executive Joe Kelly, now at the Sydney Roosters, and chief operating officer Neil Bare were deregistered for 12 months, while coach Trent Barrett was given an official warning over his conduct.

The NRL scoured more than 800,000 documents in the form of text messages and emails, eventually concluding the Sea Eagles had guaranteed third-party payments — money secured from outside the club that is supposed to be secured at arm’s length.

Fulton was the club’s general manager of football during part of the period related to the investigation, and his mobile phone was among those forensically analysed by the NRL. It is understood the governing body will be reluctant to allow him to hold another official position within the game until he makes himself available for interview by the integrity unit.

NRL chief executive Todd Greenberg yesterday said the integrity unit had tried to interview Fulton several times but was told he was unavailable.

“The integrity unit reached out to Bob on numerous occasions,” Mr Greenberg said. “My understanding is he was unavailable for interview at the times that were requested.

“The reality is I have no jurisdiction over Bob Fulton. That is the reality of the rules.

“We can only be effective around the rules and the people who work inside rugby league. It is a great privilege to work inside rugby league, not a right for anyone. It’s fair to say Bob was heavily engaged in negotiations for the period of time he was at Manly. Bob is an Immortal first and foremost. That is because of everything he did on the field and his achievements were nothing short of phenomenal.

“He is not a registered official with rugby league. He has no standing inside rugby league as a registered official, which means the rules we can apply to registered officials don’t apply.”

Fulton disputes Mr Greenberg’s account, saying he was contacted twice by the integrity unit while he was on holiday in Hawaii. It asked him to do an interview on Skype. Fulton had to ask what Skype was. That was the last he heard from the unit.

Regardless, he now finds himself frozen out of the game that made him famous. An Immortal has become an outcast.

https://www.theaustralian.com.au/sp...s/news-story/e7588bb9c2ba21944dc0ea86b395832e

forward pass

Coach
So because they were caught this year - they wont lose points? If the NRL had discovered this last year they would have lost all their points - am I reading this right?

That is ridiculous. Why can't sides be penalised points in subsequent years. Surely there needs to be a deterrent - not matter how long it takes to get caught.

84 Baby

Referee
So because they were caught this year - they wont lose points? If the NRL had discovered this last year they would have lost all their points - am I reading this right?

That is ridiculous. Why can't sides be penalised points in subsequent years. Surely there needs to be a deterrent - not matter how long it takes to get caught.
I think the biggest deterrent would be an arbitrary, genuine cap cheating penalty to be not playing finals in whatever year you are caught. Granted clubs may get 5 year opportunity (as appears to be the NRL's auditing turnaround time) to win premierships that will later also be stripped, but as fans who gives a f**k? Who wouldn't take a grand final win and a finals-less season every 6 years? At least until the NRL finally realises that the system is broken. Can almost guarantee Moanly won't be the last to be found cap cheating.

Edit - reading that back. I made zero sense. So club officials will be deterred but fans wouldn't be is want I meant to say

I think the biggest deterrent would be an arbitrary, genuine cap cheating penalty to be not playing finals in whatever year you are caught. Granted clubs may get 5 year opportunity (as appears to be the NRL's auditing turnaround time) to win premierships that will later also be stripped, but as fans who gives a f**k? Who wouldn't take a grand final win and a finals-less season every 6 years? At least until the NRL finally realises that the system is broken. Can almost guarantee Moanly won't be the last to be found cap cheating.

Edit - reading that back. I made zero sense. So club officials will be deterred but fans wouldn't be is want I meant to say
We'll only miss the finals once every six years? Sign me up!

Gronk

Staff member

Don't the AFL take large chunks off your cap for next years plus you lose crucial spots in the draft ?

So the deterrent is that it can f**k you for years to come.

84 Baby

Referee
Don't the AFL take large chunks off your cap for next years plus you lose crucial spots in the draft ?

So the deterrent is that it can f**k you for years to come.
I agree. Take AFL draft picks off the cheating Moanly merkins!

Latest posts