What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Parramatta linked with Glenn Morrison

FUIFUI_MOIMOI

Juniors
In the sunday telegraph it says morrison denied an offer from cowboys and wants to test market and is linked with eels.

Stagger eel

Staff member
If we sign him and Pritchard, it's certain that Widders and Hopkins will leave the club, especially with the emergence of Jack Afa.

strider

Post Whore
Just for the record - I am going to say that I officially link Parramatta with the Pope for next season - his hard hitting Pope mobile will work wonders down the middle of the park.

OK - now the media can publish this link....they get all their other info from these boards.

Stagger eel

Staff member
strider said:
Just for the record - I am going to say that I officially link Parramatta with the Pope for next season - his hard hitting Pope mobile will work wonders down the middle of the park.

OK - now the media can publish this link....they get all their other info from these boards.

Don't be bloody stupid strider!

He's injury prone and hardley stays on for any longer than 50 minutes :p

strider

Post Whore
eelavation said:
strider said:

Don't be bloody stupid strider!

He's injury prone and hardley stays on for any longer than 50 minutes :p

I've also heard he goes to sleep in defense.....but this is the the new rumour doing the rounds - heard it from a very good source - someone who is very close to the pope - the man upstairs himself.

Eelectrica

Referee
Nah, don't sign the pope, he's way over rated! ALthough I've heard he can throw a wicked Hail Mary ;-)

Parraren

Bench
Bring on Morrison! :clap:

We seem to be linked to everyone though, I just hope we actually sign some of them.

I heard we are chasing Christian Vieri & Thierry Henry as well.

Parraren

Bench
He is 28 but as anyone who's watched him play will attest, he's extremely fit & strong, is a leader, and a genuine weapon in attack as well as a rock in defense. He's a guy you could justify paying $300k to bring to your club. He's actually reportedly now on $300k at the Cowboys.

There will be a few clubs interested in him but the big carrot that we can dangle infront of him is the opportunity to play along side Nathan Hindmarsh in the second row. Morrison wants to play Origin and this could be a big incentive for him to join us.

Can you imagine - 11. Hindmarsh 12. Morrison =P~

I hope we make a serious bid for him.

wittyz chick

Coach
Also said he's lucky to be walking...are his doctors sure he will make a full recovery back to league and being his old self???

WA Eel

Juniors
Eelectrica said:
Nah, don't sign the pope, he's way over rated! ALthough I've heard he can throw a wicked Hail Mary ;-)

Can't agree more, he's heart attack material.

damo72

Juniors
Morrison can start training again in 6 to 8 weeks and already has a medical clearance saying that there is no permanent damage sustained by his injury. If the Cowboys happent to make the 8 he will be more than likely ready to go, on his signing for us I think it would be a great buy someone to take some pressure off Nathan Hindmarsh. He does have to wait for the anti tampering deadline before he can be approached as the Cowboys will not let him talk to other clubs but according to his manager 5 clubs have shown interest and hopefully we are one of them.

Parraren

Bench
Morrison was on the radio today talking about his future. He will definitely wait till June 30 to test the market. I originally thought he might be after a 1 year deal like Orford to see what happens with the CCBears bid but he pretty much ruled that out saying he wants a 3 year deal. He is keen to join a Sydney club to enhance his Origin chances and also to be closer to his family on the NSW central coast.

As far as i'm concerned he should be our top priority target. He offers experience, rock solid defense & is a genuine weapon in attack. Could set up a premiership winning combination with Hindmarsh in the second row. SIGN HIM UP!

Parraren

Bench
ummm, what about cayless?

Back to front row for Caylo to give us more mobility in the pack with Vella & Tsoulos on the bench. Vella will be a sensation coming off the bench.

9. Morris
8. Cannings
10. Cayless (c)
11. Hindmarsh
12. Morrison
13. Wagon

That pack will rival any in the competition no question about it.

lockyno1

Post Whore
It would be a good buy for you guys. He would take a lot of pressure of Hindmarsh. I am not sure that Vella has even done enough to get on the bench with the amount of young forwards u have on the park at the moment, and they are playing better than him. As for Cayless your side will look better with him in the fron row.

From an objective view, I hope that Smith does decide to play Witt at halfback next year. His play reall does not suit 5/8. Dykes is a 5/8!!

Good luck with your signings. You guys will be better next year.

Latest posts