What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Parramatta Stadium Rebuild and other stuff

84 Baby

Referee
ANZ Crowds for Easter game

2015 35,510

2016 36,112

2017 28,249

2018 30,420

Bankwest

2019 29,047

So the average crowd hovers around a Bankwest house full figure, but does not justify a move to ANZ.
1. Those average to 2500 above BankWest capacity.
2. The lowest was 800/1800 below this years actual/capacity but the highest is 7000/6000 above.
3. This years also coincided with stadium opening.

I’m sorry but this game makes sense at ANZ, assuming costs are similar for clubs. It’s also easily marketable at ANZ

emjaycee

Coach
It’s their home game. They can take it wherever the f**k they want.

We’ll still beat em but.
If true, a bit silly of them to come out before the 2020 draw is announced and state that.

If the NRL wants a full BankWest for the Easter Monday game, they will simply make it a Parra home game again.

TheParraboy

Staff member
If true, a bit silly of them to come out before the 2020 draw is announced and state that.

If the NRL wants a full BankWest for the Easter Monday game, they will simply make it a Parra home game again.

Not really

With Souths and dogs apparently using the Stadium for some home games it will get a huge crowd regardless if Parra is there imo, though Parra would be better for us Eels fans

Gronk

Staff member
Have your say on Stadium Australia redevelopment
Date: 25.09.2019
Type: Departmental Media Release
Author: NSW Department of Planning, Industry, and Environment

have-your-say-on-Stadium-Australia-redevelopment-news-banner-desktop-710x503.jpg

The NSW community is invited to have its say on Infrastructure NSW’s proposed $810 million Stadium Australia redevelopment at Sydney Olympic Park.

The Department of Planning, Industry and Environment is keen to hear the community’s views on the State Significant Development application, which includes:
  • Reconfiguring the playing field from an oval to a rectangular shape;
  • Redeveloping the lower and middle seating to increase the steepness of the seating bowl to provide better view;
  • Reducing capacity to from 83,500 to 70,000 (plus 20,000 persons for concerts);
  • Replacing the northern and southern sections of roof and extending the existing eastern and western sections of the roof;
  • Demolishing portions of the northern and southern façades to provide new entrances at these ends, including new façade and double height concourse;
  • Upgrading concession areas, bathrooms, team facilities, member and corporate facilities, press and broadcast facilities, and back house areas;
  • Providing two new advertisement signs, one each at the northern and southern facades;
  • Establishing a temporary construction compound, which would include the removal of four trees.
Executive Director, Compliance, Industry and Key Sites, Anthea Sargeant, said the local community always has an opportunity to share their views.

“Community consultation is an integral part of the planning process and the applicant will have to respond to the feedback we receive,” Ms Sargeant said.

“It’s easy to participate by going online and we encourage everyone to take a look and have their say.”

Make a submission or view the Environmental Impact Statement (EIS).

Submissions can be made from Thursday, 26 September until Wednesday, 23 October 2019.

https://www.planning.nsw.gov.au/News/2019/Have-your-say-on-Stadium-Australia-redevelopment

Attachments

• media-release-have-your-say-on-Stadium-Australia-redevelopment-2019-09-25.pdf
    30.2 KB · Views: 0

strider

Post Whore
1. Those average to 2500 above BankWest capacity.
2. The lowest was 800/1800 below this years actual/capacity but the highest is 7000/6000 above.
3. This years also coincided with stadium opening.

I’m sorry but this game makes sense at ANZ, assuming costs are similar for clubs. It’s also easily marketable at ANZ
Exactly - plenty of walk ups from the show .... and they have every right to not want to play it at our ground where we kick arse

emjaycee

Coach
Not really

With Souths and dogs apparently using the Stadium for some home games it will get a huge crowd regardless if Parra is there imo, though Parra would be better for us Eels fans
Not on the Easter Monday clash which is becoming traditionally us v Tigers or are you suggesting they will play two other teams on that day at BankWest?

TheParraboy

Staff member
Not on the Easter Monday clash which is becoming traditionally us v Tigers or are you suggesting they will play two other teams on that day at BankWest?

yes I can see it.

Parra v tigers (a tigers home game) at SCG or ANZ on easter Sunday, will get just as a big crowd as the Monday IMO, all here say, hopefully this short tradition becomes long term

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
Sell Homebush to develpers, rezone it, spend that money upgrading SFS.

I think it is poor planning to rebuild Homebush, when Parra is litterally just up the road.

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
Sure I will walk the 10ks between them 30ks from the city......................

You got this, 1910 town planner.

Gronk

Staff member
Sell Homebush to develpers, rezone it, spend that money upgrading SFS.

I think it is poor planning to rebuild Homebush, when Parra is litterally just up the road.

How about we redevelop Olympic Stadium into a 70,000 rectangular stadium and also SFS into a 45,000 gem.

chiefy1

Juniors
How about we redevelop Olympic Stadium into a 70,000 rectangular stadium and also SFS into a 45,000 gem.

The nose bleeds on the top tier will still be nose bleeds. Both sides aren't moving. It's only the lower bowl that's being refurbished. That's not future proofing the stadium. It won't change much

amitropo

Juniors
As much as I dislike the Wanderers, the atmosphere at bank west, parramatta stadium was fantastic. Even as a sour sydney fc fan and season eels member, wanderers done it well.
Would be great if Parra could get more of the crowd involved During game day.
Seated behind the goals as opposed to normal half way seats and view was still great.

Gazzamatta

Coach
As much as I dislike the Wanderers, the atmosphere at bank west, parramatta stadium was fantastic. Even as a sour sydney fc fan and season eels member, wanderers done it well.
Seated behind the goals as opposed to normal half way seats and view was still great.
We generally sit in GA behind the posts and love it. A $70, 4 game 2020 consession GA membership is fantastic value.

Suitman

Post Whore

That's ok mate. We wanderers dislike ESFC just as much.
But yes, you are right. the atmosphere was unbelievable last night, and both sets of fans need to take credit for that, not just the Wanderers. The Cove were a bit subdued after ESFC went behind in the 18th minute, but certainly livened up in the 2nd half.
The Wanderers did put on a great match day experience though, and certainly get the crowd more involved than the Eels do. Ultimately, both you and I know that Aussie fans in general just don't like being extraverted at sporting events. The exception is football fans.
I don't think this will ever change.
One thing I would like to see is that the Eels take on the safe standing idea and the Eels "active" bay be moved to there. People tend to be a bit more themselves when they are standing, for some reason.

Latest posts