What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Parramatta Stadium Rebuild and other stuff

Gazzamatta

Coach
Hi All,
Need some assistance from anyone in the know with new WSS. I have been allocated seats in the upper tier in row 1. Does any one know if there will be any viewing restrictions from railings as I have 2 children. Other option is to move to low concourse (closer to the game) in row 2.
No knowledge of the set up but I always found that the front few rows were a nightmare given the constant traffic heading to and from bars, toilets, food etc. Always someone walking past and blocking the view.

Suitman

Post Whore
No knowledge of the set up but I always found that the front few rows were a nightmare given the constant traffic heading to and from bars, toilets, food etc. Always someone walking past and blocking the view.

The new stadium will not have walkways along the front row of the upper deck.

Suitman

Post Whore
Thanks. Can I get your opinion on the two seating choices I have? i like being in low concourse but row 2 is a major concern.

Below is the best picture I can find. It is a section through the north, east and southern sides.
It's hard to tell, but I think that the front platform of the upper deck will be the first row of seats, so only the people in your row will be walking past you. I'm assuming the rails will be glass, so vision shouldn't be badly restricted. Best to ring the club if you have any doubts.

The 2nd pic is the north east corner and gives some idea that there won't be a walkway in front of that first row.

Gronk

Staff member
I can't put my finger on it, but WSS reminds me of Suncorp.;-)

-western-sydney-stadium_172sbrm8jo0nd1as48ivdkdvxc.png

5994M1_Suncorp_Stadium_Flood_Recovery_1_Field_-from_Aisle_326-620x465.jpg

forward pass

Coach
Thanks. Can I get your opinion on the two seating choices I have? i like being in low concourse but row 2 is a major concern.
Below is the best picture I can find. It is a section through the north, east and southern sides.
It's hard to tell, but I think that the front platform of the upper deck will be the first row of seats, so only the people in your row will be walking past you. I'm assuming the rails will be glass, so vision shouldn't be badly restricted. Best to ring the club if you have any doubts.

The 2nd pic is the north east corner and gives some idea that there won't be a walkway in front of that first row.

The only thing I would be wary of - looking at the above picture are the seats near and above the stairs next to each entrance well. There will be people walking up those stairs all the time so sitting above will be annoying - as will the sides depending on the relationship to the field.

Suitman

Post Whore
The only thing I would be wary of - looking at the above picture are the seats near and above the stairs next to each entrance well. There will be people walking up those stairs all the time so sitting above will be annoying - as will the sides depending on the relationship to the field.

Indeed. You make a good point.
I would be avoiding those like the plague. It would be just like sitting in the front row of the old Parra.
I was out at Penrith on Saturday for the FFA Cup semi final and had similar seats near a stairwell.
It's not so much the people walking past, but the stupid bastards that stand there going "Oh, I wonder where my seat might be?"

Frank Facer

First Grade
They should have made the new stadium at least 40 000 capacity. Why even bother building a 25 000 seat stadium?

Suitman

Post Whore
Suity, in your opinion, has the flooding of the stadium set back progress much?

Yeh, as @Gronk said. Grand Designs.
It happens all the time in the building industry. It may have cost them a few days, and probably prevented crane movement, structural lifting etc..., but, the catastrophic flood that Channel 7 portrayed is far from the truth. Builders like Lend Lease are all over this sort of stuff, within their control of course.
This stadium has had the best weather of any construction I've ever known. I should know because I've also been the benefit of it in my own work.

Eelogical

Referee
Yeh, as @Gronk said. Grand Designs.
It happens all the time in the building industry. It may have cost them a few days, and probably prevented crane movement, structural lifting etc..., but, the catastrophic flood that Channel 7 portrayed is far from the truth. Builders like Lend Lease are all over this sort of stuff, within their control of course.
This stadium has had the best weather of any construction I've ever known. I should know because I've also been the benefit of it in my own work.

Thanks for that. I was having visions of 10 or more weeks into the season before we got a home game.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
that would only happen if we just had 10 week of rain preventing any work being done

Frank Facer

First Grade
I just think if you are going to do something, do it properly. The new stadium should have been at least 40 000 capacity, it could have even gone higher. I think Parra have one of the biggest and best supporter bases in the games. When they are winning their fans come out of the woodwork and they draw good crowds consistently. I really believe if Saints and Parra were both going well for a period of time that they could have drawn close to 50 000 for a game if the stadium could house that many.

I really believe that ever team in the comp should have a stadium that holds no less than 40 000.

Parra will still have the second best ground of all the clubs in Sydney. With a capacity of 30 000 you will still get a good atmosphere with 18000 or more.

My dream is for Saints to one day have a great stadium that holds 53 000 fans and is designed with good acoustics.

emjaycee

Coach
I just think if you are going to do something, do it properly. The new stadium should have been at least 40 000 capacity, it could have even gone higher. I think Parra have one of the biggest and best supporter bases in the games. When they are winning their fans come out of the woodwork and they draw good crowds consistently. I really believe if Saints and Parra were both going well for a period of time that they could have drawn close to 50 000 for a game if the stadium could house that many.

I really believe that ever team in the comp should have a stadium that holds no less than 40 000.

Parra will still have the second best ground of all the clubs in Sydney. With a capacity of 30 000 you will still get a good atmosphere with 18000 or more.

My dream is for Saints to one day have a great stadium that holds 53 000 fans and is designed with good acoustics.
Any reason why your dream has such a specific number as 53,000 and not say, 50,000 or 55,000?

Latest posts