What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Parramatta Stadium Rebuild and other stuff

Suitman

Post Whore
Mad merkins were at Sydenham at ridiculous o’clock this morning to catch the first train.

Oiii!! I was one of those mad merkins!!
I caught the 4.37 am Tallawong service. I got on at Showground at 4.51.
The train was pretty packed. I stood next to Howard Collins, Rod Staples and the boss of the Metro who's name escapes me atm. There was quite a cheer on the train when it left Chatswood.

Gronk

Staff member
So, what did you think?
Is it your first time on the metro?
Martin Place is mind blowing, eh?
What was striking to me was a) the size of these stations, the width and the capacity to hold far more people than Sydney has. Clearly future proofed for a population of 10 million in XX years. The second was the acceleration out of central. I was standing up and you could really feel the surge.

So I got on at Chalmers Street entrance, adjacent to the L stop on Elizabeth Street and it was a small hike past the T suburban trains to platforms 26/27 M. From there I waited just a few mins for a train north. I thought it waiting longer at Gadigal than a normal T train ? When I alighted at Martin Place I walked to T4 so I could come out on the western end of platforms 1 & 2.

So I will need to explore more of Martin Place towards Hunter Street exit another time.

Martin Place T4 still needs a good gernie. The contrast is dramatic and feels like a 1970's station even more now.