What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Parramatta Stadium Rebuild and other stuff

Gronk

Staff member
I'd suggest it's not a good option for those on the Gold seniors card. $2.50 per day and all that. Am I missing something?
No. The visa option is best for irregular users. When opal first started with ferries, buses and trains, people were sent off to newsagents to buy an opal card if they couldn’t buy it at a train station. The visa thing eliminates the confusion. Great for tourists. What a hassle to buy an octopus* / myki / ez-link / navigo / travelcard / metrocard in other cities.

* at least the Hong Kong card can be charged and used at the supermarket or random food vendors.

TheRam

Coach
This is why I get so mad at our apathy(Australians in general) and ignoring or even believing what our politicians are saying or doing. The majority need to be in prison for what successive Governments have been a party to and or signed off on. Even the ones who aren't directly involved but just turn a blind eye and or stay mute are culpable. Remember if you know of a crime, but stay silent then you become an accessory in the eyes of the law.

Technically a lot of what they have been doing isn't deemed an actual crime because they have made sure to change the rules or not put in place the logical and protective rules so that their actions aren't crimes, but I guarantee if we could do what they can and they weren't a beneficiary it would have quickly become a criminal act.

I know this video for most Australian's is way to long, just over 11 mins, but if you can pay attention long enough for those that don't already know, you may just learn why we don't have Metros and way, way, way more being built and we are all just arguing over a very, very small piece of pie while the wolves are feasting on almost all the rest of it.

Stadiums you say? Well if we got what is owed to us and actually our birth right just this one resource(LNG) is worth to us just over $140B a year. Yes $140B a year, well then we could have stadiums as many and as big and as small as necessary wherever we wanted them whenever we want. We could build metro networks all over the place and have free public travel too. We could have more hospitals, dams to irrigate the interior and bring back new life to country towns never seen before. Free dental. Create a steel industry. Fast rail would actually become a reality. The possibilities would be endless.

Oh but no. We will no doubt just continue to ignore this most egregious behaviour and betrayal by the people we elect to enrich and protect us, so they can look after their buddies and masters in the corporate world.

We are being so bent over and I bet the majority just don't even know it. Like really know it. Sure we all know we can't trust the pollies really, but most still say that this guy/gal is a nice guy/gal and better then whoever or support either party for whatever reason. But really look at what is being stolen ffs and both sides are doing it. In the not to distant future Australia will be broke. Yes broke and the corporate world will own us lock stock and barrel while our taxes and affordability of life will be through the roof.

Is this what we want or do we want what is rightfully ours but currently siphoned off into the bank accounts of the rich and powerful private sector? Our beautiful and unique homeland Australia could be so wonderfully different if we just didn't argue amongst ourselves and knew who the real enemy was and then collectively did something about it.

Suitman

Post Whore
For someone who opposed the whole metro ideology while in opposition, she sure hasn't wasted any time jumping on board pretty quickly, when she's been able to be the one to cut the ribbons and has seen what an enormous asset to this city it has been since the metro opened.
In the meantime, Chris Minns (a decent, honest human) has been humble, and paid credit many times to the previous govt for their achievements in instigating such fantastic infrastructure. He is a true gentleman and someone I trust in doing the best for NSW. Honesty goes a long way in politics.

However.....

Last edited:

Suitman

Post Whore
She must have read your criticisms in here, and adjusted her perspective accordingly...

See, this is why your opinions are no better than Pou who you criticise constantly for the same reasons in other threads. You are no better than him, despite the fact you always try and hold the higher moral ground against him. You just troll others as well.
Oh well. You'll never learn any better, and neither will he.

too easy nbd GIF

No hard feelings, and love your work Suit 😊.