What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Parramatta Stadium Rebuild and other stuff

T.S Quint

Coach
I’ve just realised...having steep stands is f**king awesome and gets you closer to the action, but doesn’t that mean there will be less leg room between my seat and the one in front?

I’m 6’3”. My brother, who also comes to the footy with me is 6’5”. Our knees are going to be jammed into the back of whoever’s head is sitting in front of us.

Gronk

Staff member
I’ve just realised...having steep stands is f**king awesome and gets you closer to the action, but doesn’t that mean there will be less leg room between my seat and the one in front?

I’m 6’3”. My brother, who also comes to the footy with me is 6’5”. Our knees are going to be jammed into the back of whoever’s head is sitting in front of us.

That was what I noticed about ANZ stadium compared to the old stadium and Allianz. The leg room and how close the seats are together are noticeably different. Very claustrophobic.

I hope we don't feel like sardines at the new WSS.

Gronk

Staff member
Never mind sitting, the main thing i worry about is trying to get past people in my row while i carry my 4 beers :cool:

Yes of course. Everyone has to stand up to let you get by !
angered.gif

Suitman

Post Whore
Thanks for posting those photos amitropo.
The most telling factor I picked up from those pictures was this. They are taken from a level of the corporate side that looks to be about 2/3rds of the way up the other three sides of the plebs level. Just look at, even at this height, how close these seats still are to the playing field.
Outstanding.
But I should have already known this.
Chiefy told me so.

It's looking sensational.

amitropo

Juniors
My brother in law is working on site and updates me with daily pics.
I noticed that there are quite a few rows of seats behind the large screen frames.
Possibly could add to the total capacity at a later stage if they are moved with slight roof alterations

T.S Quint

Coach
That was what I noticed about ANZ stadium compared to the old stadium and Allianz. The leg room and how close the seats are together are noticeably different. Very claustrophobic.

I hope we don't feel like sardines at the new WSS.

I say in the grandstand at Campbelltown Stadium one day a few years back when the Eels played a trial there.
The poor bloke in front of me had my knees in his back all day, despite me trying my best to keep them out of the way. I’m quite worried this will be the case at WSS.

I mean, I’ll get over it...but not sure those in front of me will.

strider

Post Whore
I say in the grandstand at Campbelltown Stadium one day a few years back when the Eels played a trial there.
The poor bloke in front of me had my knees in his back all day, despite me trying my best to keep them out of the way. I’m quite worried this will be the case at WSS.

I mean, I’ll get over it...but not sure those in front of me will.
That is the worst stadium ... and the seats are fixed, there isnt even a stand up to let ppl past option

T.S Quint

Coach
That is the worst stadium ... and the seats are fixed, there isnt even a stand up to let ppl past option

Yeah, I would normally sit on the hill to watch a game there, but I wanted to get a good look at how the Eels were playing during their trials, so went for the higher perspective.

Eels got thrashed by the way. Not the best day out.