What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Parramatta supporters

Willow

Assistant Moderator
Well done.

Parra took the game to the News Ltd franchise, and looked the goods up until the final minutes.

Willow

Assistant Moderator
Before today, I wasn't sure who to cheer on.

But then I saw a Sydney team full of midgets with heart up against a two storey high corporate box full of tabloid hacks.... and then it became pretty obvious.

saintania

Juniors
I have one theory when it comes to Grand Finals that Saints aren't in. I hope an interstate team (except Brisbane) win it, so they can take their trophy and f**k off out of my state.

This rubbish Parra love fest in the media is finally over, so I can buy the papers and read the news again.

The Storm will take their trophy and leave today, so we will only hear about their success for a day then it will be all over. If Parra had won, we would be hearing about it until next March and that would just be painful. I just have trouble stomaching the thought of any other team winning the premiership and would prefer not to have it shoved in my face.

Goddo

Bench
Poor old parra. I feel sorry for them, as they have had almost as much heart ache as us over the years. And yes, Melbourne remain an evil corporation club.

That said, Melbourne deserved the win. They played great footy and didn't even break a sweat.

Just wish it was us against them, we would have given them a run for their money!

W.B.2.S.O.S

Juniors
I have one theory when it comes to Grand Finals that Saints aren't in. I hope an interstate team (except Brisbane) win it, so they can take their trophy and f**k off out of my state.

This rubbish Parra love fest in the media is finally over, so I can buy the papers and read the news again.

The Storm will take their trophy and leave today, so we will only hear about their success for a day then it will be all over. If Parra had won, we would be hearing about it until next March and that would just be painful. I just have trouble stomaching the thought of any other team winning the premiership and would prefer not to have it shoved in my face.

I think everyone is used to Melbourne being so dominant now, that we wont even hear about it for half a day.

slipperykinchela

First Grade
i thought about going for parra this week until a couple of blokes at work rocked in with there brand new parra jumpers on, one actually goes for the souths and the other two i thought followed irish dancing until a few weeks ago..

thank christ we dont have to put up with there sh*te anymore

jpaciocco91

Juniors
I sat near a group of them yesterday and they were all playing with a beach ball, and one accidentally threw it onto the field, a cop took it, they kept chanting "Give us the ball back". It was funny. A fat Storm man that went onto the field to congratulate his team got arrested by two riot policmen. Overeaction much.

stumped

Juniors
im glad the storm won, im even happier that the eels paid Brett Finches wages for the year, Anderson said the eels couldnt win the comp with Finch at 5/8!!! well they couldnt win the comp full stop

Poor old parra. I feel sorry for them, as they have had almost as much heart ache as us over the years. And yes, Melbourne remain an evil corporation club.

That said, Melbourne deserved the win. They played great footy and didn't even break a sweat.

Just wish it was us against them, we would have given them a run for their money!

GODDO - You have got to be kidding don't you?

Parra walked all over us. Broncos left us for dead. Look what happened with the storm vs broncos game - no contest.
Really guys it would have been embarrasing if we played the Storm.
Even the dogs would have had us on the day.
Good teams know when to win important games.

Unfortunately I can't see us getting any better next year.
Parra will be a force
Plus the old dragon killers - Broncos and Storm will be at it again at the pointy end of the season. I can see the Tigers and Rabbitohs improving also.

j0nesy

Bench
GODDO - You have got to be kidding don't you?

Parra walked all over us. Broncos left us for dead. Look what happened with the storm vs broncos game - no contest.
Really guys it would have been embarrasing if we played the Storm.
Even the dogs would have had us on the day.
Good teams know when to win important games.

Unfortunately I can't see us getting any better next year.
Parra will be a force
Plus the old dragon killers - Broncos and Storm will be at it again at the pointy end of the season. I can see the Tigers and Rabbitohs improving also.

Talk about doom and gloom... Our form was terrible at the end of the season, as much as the other teams lifted. I don't think we'll win the MP next season, heck I think we were lucky to win it this season given our playing roster. But I do think we'll be better prepared come the "pointy end of the season", and I'll be damned if I'm going to give up on our chances next season.

* We have a solid, consistent squad with a tough back row.
* We have a great coach.
* We have a very good 5/8 th, who will continue to improve under Bennett.
* We have the best two defensive centres in the game, who can both ball play, with two of the quickest wingers in the NRL on their outside
* We have a solid fullback, who will be better with a full season in that position under his belt.
* We have a state of origin prop with several up and comers.
* We have the best U20 half in the game waiting in the wings.

We'll be fine next season. I think we'll finish 4th or 5th in the regular season and give the finals a good shake.

Jasdragon

Juniors

Agreed! but if they won we would have been hearing about it forever just like the Tigers in 2005.

Plus people on here all forget how every Sydney team death rides saints when ever we make the finals. And I will never forget 99 when everyone went for the Storm over us :(. f**k the Eels they deserved what they got. I wonder how many of those new jerseys got thrown in the bin last night by the band wagoners!

Jasdragon

Juniors
Talk about doom and gloom... Our form was terrible at the end of the season, as much as the other teams lifted. I don't think we'll win the MP next season, heck I think we were lucky to win it this season given our playing roster. But I do think we'll be better prepared come the "pointy end of the season", and I'll be damned if I'm going to give up on our chances next season.

* We have a solid, consistent squad with a tough back row.
* We have a great coach.
* We have a very good 5/8 th, who will continue to improve under Bennett.
* We have the best two defensive centres in the game, who can both ball play, with two of the quickest wingers in the NRL on their outside
* We have a solid fullback, who will be better with a full season in that position under his belt.
* We have a state of origin prop with several up and comers.
* We have the best U20 half in the game waiting in the wings.

We'll be fine next season. I think we'll finish 4th or 5th in the regular season and give the finals a good shake.

We will not win the comp unless we make changes to No9 and No1 it's simple.

j0nesy

Bench
We will not win the comp unless we make changes to No9 and No1 it's simple.

I'm not saying we'll win the comp, I'm just saying that we'll do better come the semi finals. There are too many clubs that are able to keep playing rosters full of superstars for us to stand an even chance. That underdog tag should be used to our advantage.

I agree that we lack a quality number 9. For me Fien is a bench player and Young is a back rower. But where are we going to get a quality dummy half from? Unless we want to fork out 400K per season I think we'll have to bring one through the junior system, which means we might have to wait for a few seasons.

That doesn't mean that we don't stand a chance though. I'm astounded by how negative some of our supporters are, buck up boys and support your team for better or for worse.

Last edited:

ShaiGuY

First Grade
Was at the game yesterday and most Parra supporters were aiightz... however, one decided to act like a Bulldogs supporter and threw a full bottle of water at Storm fans in the next aisle who were celebrating towards the end - it missed and nearly hit some old ladies behind me and hit the back of my chair - I sure wouldn't have liked to be hit by it... could've done a lotta damage to those ladies (although they were long following Bulldogs supporters)... I will just put it down to the Bogan element...

Besides right at the beginning and the end it showed why Parra Stadium needs the "parra! parra!" chant on the speakers to gee their crowd up.

STG-Dragon

Juniors
I'm not saying we'll win the comp, I'm just saying that we'll do better come the semi finals. There are too many clubs that are able to keep playing rosters full of superstars for us to stand an even chance. That underdog tag should be used to our advantage.

I agree that we lack a quality number 9. For me Fien is a bench player and Young is a back rower. But where are we going to get a quality dummy half from? Unless we want to fork out 400K per season I think we'll have to bring one through the junior system, which means we might have to wait for a few seasons.

That doesn't mean that we don't stand a chance though. I'm astounded by how negative some of our supporters are, buck up boys and support your team for better or for worse.

I wouldn't mind giving Hornby a real crack at hooker.

Anyone who thinks Henry is going to get a chance at 1st grade halfback dis year is smoking too much pot...

This is the guys second year of toyota cup hes no way ready for 1st grade,

Latest posts