What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Parra's Future

Stagger eel

Staff member
Kornstar said:
Stop suggesting such things about signing Blake, Inu etc, people in here will accuse you of jumping the gun because "our juniors aren't as good as we make them out to be":roll:

leave Parra Pete alone Korny...;-)

Kornstar

Coach
Hellsy said:
:lol: :lol:
Luv your work Kornstar :lol: :lol:

I have been so angry the last week because we won last week and all we have heard is how terrible Tim Smith is and Finch should replace him, our juniors are crap and we should sign better players. Then 2 of them play last night and play good solid DEBUT games and STILL get hammered, Timmy plays solid and they still want Finch who has done SFA all year and then to top it off we should not get carried away with the win because "all 7 tries were gifted to us", which is a load of crap........people are just never satisfied!!!!!

I am delighted over the win, there was an element of luck in SOME, there is heaps of improvement left however there were some big positives

1. Our defence was the best of the year, big hits and we forced alot of errors, we were driving our shoulders into the ball of the carrier
2. Timmy has improved in EVERY game
3. Green and Inu's debut's were great for them and the team
4. Our attack was better, alot more fluency
5. Our attitude was 100% better than last week and every other week, great intensity
6. We played what was in front of us, which is all you can do, it is not our fault that Canberra were terible!!!
7. Tim Smith wasn't booed this time when the annoying ground announcer read out the team (however he was still heckled whenever anyone on the field did anything wrong, because apparently EVERYTHING is his fault)

I am not getting carried away though because the Panthers lost today and they will be ready to rumble on Friday and we will need to be on our game, we need to improve on last nights to win, however with all the positives from last night and the fact that we have improved every game, i am confident that we can build on last night and be very competitve this week.

EelGirl

Juniors
Just sign the juniors there is heaps of potential there, and build up from there and we could be teriffic.

lucablight

First Grade
Yeah anyone who bags Tim Smith and wants Finch to replace him based on this years performances is a poor judge.

Hellsy

Immortal
Kornstar said:
I have been so angry the last week because we won last week and all we have heard is how terrible Tim Smith is and Finch should replace him, our juniors are crap and we should sign better players. Then 2 of them play last night and play good solid DEBUT games and STILL get hammered, Timmy plays solid and they still want Finch who has done SFA all year and then to top it off we should not get carried away with the win because "all 7 tries were gifted to us", which is a load of crap........people are just never satisfied!!!!!

I am delighted over the win, there was an element of luck in SOME, there is heaps of improvement left however there were some big positives

1. Our defence was the best of the year, big hits and we forced alot of errors, we were driving our shoulders into the ball of the carrier
2. Timmy has improved in EVERY game
3. Green and Inu's debut's were great for them and the team
4. Our attack was better, alot more fluency
5. Our attitude was 100% better than last week and every other week, great intensity
6. We played what was in front of us, which is all you can do, it is not our fault that Canberra were terible!!!
7. Tim Smith wasn't booed this time when the annoying ground announcer read out the team (however he was still heckled whenever anyone on the field did anything wrong, because apparently EVERYTHING is his fault)

I am not getting carried away though because the Panthers lost today and they will be ready to rumble on Friday and we will need to be on our game, we need to improve on last nights to win, however with all the positives from last night and the fact that we have improved every game, i am confident that we can build on last night and be very competitve this week.

Oh I hear ya!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Believe me I hear ya!!!!!!!!!!

Ive been saying the same things about improvements and things to look forwad to as well... I was shot down in flames!
Where were you afta the Souths loss??? I coulda used your backup!

Kornstar

Coach
Hellsy said:
Oh I hear ya!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Believe me I hear ya!!!!!!!!!!

Ive been saying the same things about improvements and things to look forwad to as well... I was shot down in flames!
Where were you afta the Souths loss??? I coulda used your backup!

I didn't want to get myself banned.....i was very upset about the team performance but everyone kept blaming Tim, how can the whole team playing like crap be ALL his fault, i do not understand????? I could not really say much with the fear that i might not be able to post here anymore, so i kinda thought i would step back......

Imo if the team were not happy with Timmy, they wouldn't have all said nice things about him recently, they didn't just say "yeah we support him", they really had his back and stuck by him. That is very important for Tim and i think we are starting to see the improvement in every game so far from him.

Don't get me wrong, i have no problem when people constuctively bag a player, sometimes they deserve it, but just attacking them and their character is not on, people don't know them personally so how can they attack their character?

Burt has copped it for years and i never understood it, if you don't like him as a player, that is cool, over the years he has given people good reason to be angry on occasions, but when they start attacking his character i can't understand it because i know people who know him well and they cannot express enough how nice he is, the personal crtiticism that some players Burt, Ash, Tim come to mind is not called for.

Stagger eel

Staff member
Kornstar said:
I didn't want to get myself banned.....i was very upset about the team performance but everyone kept blaming Tim, how can the whole team playing like crap be ALL his fault, i do not understand????? I could not really say much with the fear that i might not be able to post here anymore, so i kinda thought i would step back......

Imo if the team were not happy with Timmy, they wouldn't have all said nice things about him recently, they didn't just say "yeah we support him", they really had his back and stuck by him. That is very important for Tim and i think we are starting to see the improvement in every game so far from him.

Don't get me wrong, i have no problem when people constuctively bag a player, sometimes they deserve it, but just attacking them and their character is not on, people don't know them personally so how can they attack their character?

Burt has copped it for years and i never understood it, if you don't like him as a player, that is cool, over the years he has given people good reason to be angry on occasions, but when they start attacking his character i can't understand it because i know people who know him well and they cannot express enough how nice he is, the personal crtiticism that some players Burt, Ash, Tim come to mind is not called for.

what about poor old Hages...:lol:

parra pete

Referee
eelavation said:
this is the problem we now face.

Finch is under contract another season while both Tim and Blake are off contract, I believe we will need to make a painful choice between Blake and Tim and I'm glad I'm not the one to have make it.

Wish I was!

eloquentEEL

First Grade
I'm generally a lot more interested in the current season, but out of interest's sake, what are people's thoughts on how they see the top 25 squad progressing each year for the next few years?

Ie. For 2008, 2009, & 2010, etc. name who would be in your 1-17 +8 backup players if everyone progresses as you would expect them to?

* Feel free to throw in a couple of purchases from outside if you think we need it, otherwise pick from our current grades if you think we can rely solely on progressing juniors.

Ron Jeremy

Coach
Inu is the star we need to retain the most. Don't get wrong I thought Green was fantastic and deserves to bin firsts, but Inu has tremendous natural talent which was evident to see.

parra pete

Referee
I would prefer Finch at half back over Tim Smith ANYDAY. Finch is playing out of position at five eight. Switch them now and see how 'Tatty' Smith handles it..then make a choice as to who is best suited in the 7....
No comparison imo,

Kornstar

Coach
parra pete said:
I would prefer Finch at half back over Tim Smith ANYDAY. Finch is playing out of position at five eight. Switch them now and see how 'Tatty' Smith handles it..then make a choice as to who is best suited in the 7....
No comparison imo,

You have obviously never watched Finch play halfback at the Roosters

Rookie

Juniors
Regarding Tim Smith copping a bagging, on this occasion by an outsider, was anyone else blowing up when he kicked leading to one of Ben Smith's tries? Gould went on and on about how Timmy only had kicking in mind. I went off considering the fact he kicked and we scored, but he just rode Timmy all night and on previous games.

I thoroughly believe Timmy has huge talent and have believed his inablility to live up to that talent has to come down to the coaches who have yet to show him the way. All his coaches (Smith, Taylor and Hagan) have been halfbacks so should have some insight into the role.

I am hoping for more from Hagan having coached the greatest halfback of all time. I have been hoping Hagan would have learnt alot from Johns and can impart some of that on Timmy.

MrT

Juniors
parra pete said:
No comparison imo,

Finch has had some 5 to 6 seasons in NRL
Played along side Fittler for a few seasons
Apparently is playing OUT of position at 5/8

Blake Green on the otherhand has played in the No.7 for most of his career.
Has switched to 5/8 because of Tim Smith in the last year or two
AND his debut was better than ALL 3 Finch games put together

So in short, Blake Green has made a better transition to 5/8 than Finch.
Is this telling us something?

BTW, Green is a local junior, someone I believe could be 1 man club and future captain.
Keating is getting wraps and we could very easily see Keating/Green in a few years.

I believe Tim Smith won't be a 1 club man, he will eventually go to Gold Coast.

I also think Green would have no problem switching back to No.7 if he had to.

All this crap about Finch being played out of position is nonsense, if he was good enough he would adapt. It's not like we're asking him to play on the wing or at prop.

Some people have obviously had a wager and Tim Smith has lost them their money

MrT

Juniors
Rookie said:
Regarding Tim Smith copping a bagging, on this occasion by an outsider, was anyone else blowing up when he kicked leading to one of Ben Smith's tries? Gould went on and on about how Timmy only had kicking in mind. I went off considering the fact he kicked and we scored, but he just rode Timmy all night and on previous games.

I thoroughly believe Timmy has huge talent and have believed his inablility to live up to that talent has to come down to the coaches who have yet to show him the way. All his coaches (Smith, Taylor and Hagan) have been halfbacks so should have some insight into the role.

I am hoping for more from Hagan having coached the greatest halfback of all time. I have been hoping Hagan would have learnt alot from Johns and can impart some of that on Timmy.

Don't worry, Gould is trying to talk him down so becomes cheaper for the Roosters

lucablight

First Grade
parra pete said:
No comparison imo,

You didn't answer the question. Who has played better out of Smith and Finch so far?

JOB 3:14

Juniors
Surely at this stage of their careers we can keep smith and green. They are not bloody internationals yet. What is parra? A nursery for the whole NRL? We let go of McKinnon, Morisson, Widders and now Tahu, all on big contracts and we cant resign two or three bloody junior players?!