What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Passing the DQT

watatank

Coach
So this morning I did the DQT (Driver Qualification Test) to get my full drivers licence...feeling pretty sh*tty now because I failed it twice (in the same morning) after easily passing my Ls, P1 and P2 first go and am now down $76 more than I should be.

The main problem I am having is part 2 (the hazard perception part), more specifically the questions where they ask you to touch the screen when to slow down. I think the first time I hesitated a bit and pressed too quickly and too often the second time was more careful I am not sure what happened.

I am not really sure where I am going wrong can anyone help me out here? Thanks.

innsaneink

Referee
My g/f on her green Ps and I looked at RTA only yestrday to see whats next for her, long time since i did it.
They have some example computer animated tests you can practise on....was it similar to these, or was it actuial film of traffic?

http://www.rta.nsw.gov.au/licensing...ionpart2/buildyourhazardperceptionskills.html

All I can suggest is forget youre doing a test, just try and pretend youre really driving and go when you think its the right time.

Dogs Of War

Coach
So this morning I did the DQT (Driver Qualification Test) to get my full drivers licence...feeling pretty sh*tty now because I failed it twice (in the same morning) after easily passing my Ls, P1 and P2 first go and am now down $76 more than I should be.

The main problem I am having is part 2 (the hazard perception part), more specifically the questions where they ask you to touch the screen when to slow down. I think the first time I hesitated a bit and pressed too quickly and too often the second time was more careful I am not sure what happened.

I am not really sure where I am going wrong can anyone help me out here? Thanks.

My wife was having the same issue. The trick is to never press the screen unless it is safe to go. You can pass that section without ever pressing the screen.

The other one, where you id the obstacles, just press the screen nearly all the time, they don't fail you for too many presses, just when you miss something.

Good luck.

Timbo

Staff member
OK, I passed mine about 2 weeks ago, here's some hints:

-When it says 'press to turn right' NEVER EVER TURN RIGHT.
-When it says 'press to slow down' press the screen IMMEDIATELY because in the eyes of the RTA it is never to early to slow down.
-Only ever press the screen ONCE. The images don't respond to you and the fact is touching it multiple times makes you seem indecisive.
-When it says 'touch to overtake' DO NOT touch the screen.

Basically the whole test is a massive trap to trick you into making a mistake. The lady at the RTA even said that to me after I passed! Essentially it's one of those 'you need to know when to not make a decision' nonsense things.

Except when it comes to slowing down. Which you should do straight away.

Hope it helped.

watatank

Coach
Did the test again this morning and passed! I didn't get as many slow down questions but the ones I did do seemed so much easier.

Anyway I'm stoked thanks for the tips people

avsterooster

Juniors
OK, I passed mine about 2 weeks ago, here's some hints:

-When it says 'press to turn right' NEVER EVER TURN RIGHT.
-When it says 'press to slow down' press the screen IMMEDIATELY because in the eyes of the RTA it is never to early to slow down.
-Only ever press the screen ONCE. The images don't respond to you and the fact is touching it multiple times makes you seem indecisive.
-When it says 'touch to overtake' DO NOT touch the screen.

Basically the whole test is a massive trap to trick you into making a mistake. The lady at the RTA even said that to me after I passed! Essentially it's one of those 'you need to know when to not make a decision' nonsense things.

Except when it comes to slowing down. Which you should do straight away.

Hope it helped.

SPOT ON...

When its a slow down question... hit screen immedietely... you will never be penalised for being to slow.

When it says click to turn/overtake/accelerate etc... NEVER press screen.

Easy as that.

IanG

Coach
Yeah I agree try to be relaxed as possible. I knew if I tensed up I would likely make a mistake. Be a little more blasé as if it's not the end of the world if you don't pass. I was like that and I ended up getting 100% in the Ls. I found when I was like that I was alot more relaxed.

Latest posts