What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Patch or Sequel...how much will you pay?

[furrycat]

Coach
Clevo said:
That's fair enough legend and if I was having cheap shots at the developer I'd be more blatant.

I'm not complaining for complaining sake and it's good that Mods and admins are showing an interest in this thread.

I am playing the game too...you should try playing Souths :)

But Legend... fair dinkum what you are saying is that people should wait for the second third sequel and I can appreciate the concept of building a base and going forward in quantum leaps.

But people like Mario have acknowledged the bugs, flaws and going back to the original post I merely ask what people prefer..... a sequel or a patch.

I'd prefer a patchquel..... I can buy it from the shops.. it will have the 2004 version that loads ontop of the 2003 and an expansion. The patchquel can be $30-$50 and for those that don;t have the 2003 version they can buy the Patchquel for the full price.

This alleviates the cross platform patching problems and rewards those who stay loyal to the games developement.

I don;t like the idea of giving what anounts to a $90 donation just so some publisher/developer can build a platform to listen to beta testers and hire a couple of extra coders.

As Mario claims...they are working on 7 games at the moment and have worked with Lord of the Rings. I don't think they are the little hobbits they make out to be :)

I do wish them luck though.... but believe me nothing I say falls on deaf ears.

Cheers

Patches don't just fall out of the sky... They take time and money to produce. Give them a break and if its really necessary they'll consider it. The fact is, I don't even notice half of these bugs...

Crippler

Juniors
well if you want a game with a total of 1 bug look no furthur than Pro evo soccer 3.
There is a slight stutter bug when a goal kick is done which skips a frame. Apart from that no bugs.

The japanase company Konami Computer Entertainment Team have to be one of the finest programming teams in the world along with ID Software and Sega Sports.

Clevo

Juniors
No Patches don;t fall of the sky.... of course they don't. The problem isn;t making a patch...the problem is patching only works on PC version ( not sure about Xbox) but the PS2 only works with re-shipping CD.

Usually developers are working on patches as the game is being distributed.

I'm aware of the problems of patching...that I why I am suggesting the next version be an expansion (with bugs and exploits fixed) and charged at the expansion price if you are a pre existing customer.

Mario

Juniors
Clevo said:
Mari I know it seems I am giving you a hard time.... I am... You have a winner of the game but I want to make sure the pride in the game development and the consumer comes before the publishers bottom line end of year profit margins.

Don't underestimate our commitment to the consumer. Our passion for developing games as well as a sense of responsibility is entirely the reason we have participated in these forums for the past year, the reason we continue to participate (even though everybody here has already bought a copy), and the reason why several team members of Sidhe and HES worked right through the Christmas period supporting customers and investigating bug reports.

I don't mind getting a hard time at all (your comments are entirely constructive by the way and its good to get feedback in the rational manner you present it), but in the end the resources we have only allow us to do so much. However, be are on the case trying to improve both the current situation and that of a possible sequel.

westie

Bench
btaag said:
No, thats not true. I would like to see how good a game some of the posters could create in ten years, let alone two years.
Constructive criticism is fine, but some of you are so deluded it makes me laugh. PLay the game and be thankful it has been made in the first place :)

They wouldnt charge $90 for it....

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
Clevo said:
No Mr Angry not true.

I have a few games that I have been playing for more than 3 years on a regular basis. Some games are ageless.

I'm glad you are happy.... some people are easily pleased.
Mate I paid $98, that is the equivalent of one live NRL match for my family, one music concert ticket for my daughter, two new release DVD movies. I will get far more hours of funout of this game, it is all relative, so yes I am pleased, you sound like my wife ;-) I have many games, can't think of a 3 year old game I would play, I keep getting new ones to conquer and they keep getting better, but none are perfect 8)
Main reason I am pleased, my 16 old son has stopped killing things (war games and Grand Theft Auto) and is playing State of Origin - He does play. Truely pleasing :D
As I said I am one of the next games customers.

Clevo

Juniors
Mario said:
Clevo said:
Mari I know it seems I am giving you a hard time.... I am... You have a winner of the game but I want to make sure the pride in the game development and the consumer comes before the publishers bottom line end of year profit margins.

Don't underestimate our commitment to the consumer. Our passion for developing games as well as a sense of responsibility is entirely the reason we have participated in these forums for the past year, the reason we continue to participate (even though everybody here has already bought a copy), and the reason why several team members of Sidhe and HES worked right through the Christmas period supporting customers and investigating bug reports.

I don't mind getting a hard time at all (your comments are entirely constructive by the way and its good to get feedback in the rational manner you present it), but in the end the resources we have only allow us to do so much. However, be are on the case trying to improve both the current situation and that of a possible sequel.

Thanks Mario.... It's good to know this isn;t a one off fly buy night thing and that you will endevour to continue developing the game and support. It's encouraging to hear you say all these things.

I honestly believe a patchquel is the way to go..... it will keep me coming back for more. Of course the upshot is is that as you become known for quality costomer service any other product you develop will be supported too. So it's a win win for you and the fans who will be happy to help a fledgling company grow and produce better games.

The next version I am sending a copy to a friend in the USA who I have managed to convert to Rugby League. :)