What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Pathetic commentary

Meanie

Juniors
Ditto them having a pull anytime Benji Marshall sneezed.

Benji's flick is the play of the century but Justin Smith's over the head is just another occurence.

greeneyed

First Grade
Not much intensity in the match. Reflects the fact that both sides have highly substandard packs, but brilliant backs. Some incredible flick passes etc, but it lacked something as a Grand Final.

Manu Vatuvei

Coach
I honestly think it makes a massive difference to the perception of the game for those watching at home. If the commentary team had been in top form we'd probably be raving about the match. I realise that commentators aren't cheerleaders, but they should always be trying to make the game exciting

Manu Vatuvei

Coach
Meanie said:
Ditto them having a pull anytime Benji Marshall sneezed.

Benji's flick is the play of the century but Justin Smith's over the head is just another occurence.

You're a spastic.

aqua_duck

Coach
Look the call wasn't great but gees its abit sad that we're talking about something so insignificant rather than actually crediting the tigers after a great victory. I mean sure the team as a whole didn't do a particularly good job but I mean if you're actually watching the game rather than picking on stupid things than you really shouldn't care too much. I mean I still find Ray Warren an exciting caller anyway.

Manu Vatuvei

Coach
aqua_duck, I utterly agree with you in principle. I settled down to watch the match and I was expecting everyone to fire up, the commentators to get into it, crowd to get into it, wild celebrations afterwards etc etc. Something was lacking in the atmosphere in general, the crowd was very quiet at times, the commentary team were very muted. I really wish that people could just enjoy the game like you suggest, unfortunately there seems to be a lot of cynicism about and I'm just commenting on that.

aussies1st

Staff member
Ray was up as always. Having the ads was werid, as you expect to see numerous replays of the try but instead you bearly get one.

Meanie

Juniors
aussies1st said:
Ray was up as always. Having the ads was werid, as you expect to see numerous replays of the try but instead you bearly get one.

I agree with that actually, it sucked the momentum out of each try, especially when after returning from the ad break all the enthusiasm got sucked out of the call too.

fourplay

Juniors
I thought Rabs sounded half asleep for most the game.. I actually noticed what boring commentary it was during the game. Time for a change of guard I think.

And the ad placement was shocking.. right at the exciting points.

Agent Mulder

Bench
Wouldn't say it was the best grand final i have ever seen, Last years was better, But Well Done to the Tigers, They deserved it.

the rebel

Juniors
Night grand finals always lack atmosphere in my opinion. Since night grand finals have been introduced how many games have actually had that special 'grand final' atmosphere?

aussies1st

Staff member
Always hard when teams outside of Sydney are playing. It lacked the SOO atmosphere.

Glenn

First Grade
Definitely seemed to lack something coming over the TV, prehaps at the ground was different but over the TV seemed like just another game in the H&A season during the game

aqua_duck

Coach
I think it was to do with the fact that both the teams were well liked generally. I mean if you're a neutral league fan you wouldn't really care if either side won. There also lacked any sort of real rivalry between the teams.

I mean if you look at the past 3 grand finals alot of the interest is generated because of the 'hatred' towards the roosters.

Red Bear

Referee
aqua_duck said:
I think it was to do with the fact that both the teams were well liked generally. I mean if you're a neutral league fan you wouldn't really care if either side won. There also lacked any sort of real rivalry between the teams.

I mean if you look at the past 3 grand finals alot of the interest is generated because of the 'hatred' towards the roosters.
Dont forget the hatred for the Bulldogs.