What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Pathetic commentary

fourplay

Juniors
I think it might be because 9 dim the crowd so much you can hardly here them. and with boring commentary it sounds lack lustre.

rugged

Juniors
aussies1st said:
Always hard when teams outside of Sydney are playing. It lacked the SOO atmosphere.

Can't wait for a Brisbane/North QLD grand final then. :D Will make a few people think about where the game is held.

Schillaci

Juniors
Yes channel 9 really should turn up the crowd Mics up so we can here all those amazing chants like clap clap clap (insert any NRL team here) clap clap clap... and ummmm.... well that's it.

Ron's_Mate

Bench
I watched the TV with the sound down & listened to ABC 702.
I like those callers, esp comments from Warren Ryan & Craig Hamilton.
Good call tonight I thought.

The commentators on 9 are unbearable.
Even during the regular season I just watch TV with no sound.
I don't need those fools to tell me what I am seeing.

Slappy

Juniors
These lousy bastards couldn't even muster up a bit of enthusiasm for this game!

f**k Vautin, he is a deadset piece of sh*t! Never said a good thing about the tigers, although he tried to on the footy show a few weeks ago but it was really transparent! Ray Warren...... what can I say about this tired old hack. Whenever he opens his mouth rancid garbage just spews out!!!!

He wouldn't know if he was calling the swimming or the f**king greyhounds!

At least Matty Johns showed a bit of heart!

Message to Vautin and 'GarbageMouth' Warren: FIRE UP YA' merkins!!!

Misty Bee

First Grade
I'd bet that the C9 team have been told to hype up rather than worry about accuracy. Sterlo is the one that is the exception to the rule.

I've noticed a few traits. 1) They jumpon whoever is winning - praising whoever does something good. They have pets: Marshall, Hodgeson, Heighington and Halatau for the Tigers; Bowen, Williams (Gus stated today he's the best winger in the game!!!!), Rahihi and Jensen for the cowpats: Barret, Gasnier, Hooper and Young for Saints, Locyer, Webcke and Hunt for Brisbane, Hindy, Tim Smith and Widders for Parra.

2) They also promote the comeback factor. EG, Cowboys v Storm. Storm were always coming back, gunna do this, gunna do that. I recall the comment (from Vautin I think) that 18 points isn't enough to win the game. I though at the time that it was a hell of a lot better than 6 (Melbourne's score at the time)

Matt Johns is becoming bloody annoying. Again, Cowbpoys v Storm, with NQ up 16-0 "What's a 16 point lead? Nothing!" Tonight, he asked I question of every Tigers player - "How does it feel". Well what would you bloody think? No wonder he got nothnig more than a raft of verbal blue as young men tried in vain to describe the biggest adrenalin rush ever. What sort of response woudl you expect? Shakesperian prose?

I have sensed Sterlo's apparent frustration at times. Again, on the NQ/Storm semi, while Gus, Voss, Rabs, Johns and Vautin were ccrapping on about the Storm comeback that was suppoest to happen, Sterlo was the lone voice of reason. At the end of the Tigers/Broncos final, Voss cut him off when rapping up. "I haven't finished yet!" snapped Sterlo.

Having said that, I have to give a rap. Gus' halftime spiel on why Benji was a great player was brilliant - a lovely comment on a great player.

But yeah, I wish they'd call the game rather than play bloody spin doctors all the time.

Dutch Oven

Juniors
the rebel said:
Night grand finals always lack atmosphere in my opinion. Since night grand finals have been introduced how many games have actually had that special 'grand final' atmosphere?

You are spot on.

Night grand finals are a myth.

Misty Bee

First Grade
Night games don't lack atmosphere. Go back one week to Aussie Stadium.

I reckon it's Telstra that lacks atmosphere. I've been to to sell outs when it held over 100k. Both times I thought the atmosphere was lacking - so much so that a full Parra Stadium (or any decent suburban venue with a big crowd) was just as good.

Telstra's sterile.

I dont know what all the whinging is about.

I watched a great game, I dont think I took any notice of the commentary, they cut back on ads from previous weeks.

Riddell

Juniors
I thought after the game was quite good with the mad tigers fans celebrations but during the game i didn't really get into it