What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Patrick James Cummins 47th Test Captain

AlwaysGreen

Immortal
According to the below:

Seriously thought this guy was gelded and headed to the knackery a few years ago, now he's the biggest stallion in the paddock.

I'm hoping he'll go OK and Langer won't ruin him. Congrats Paddy.

Bazal

Post Whore
Smith as VC. So poor Paddy looks like a cleanskin figurehead at the moment.

Hopefully that means he won't burn out. His bowling is way more important than any captaincy he might do

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
So he should be, I mean what's the point in having a VC if he can't be skipper when the skipper is not available.

Be interesting to see how he goes, prolly have to field in slips now.

JJ

Immortal
Good choice, and no reason why a quick can’t be skipper, he seems to tick the right boxes

none were necessarily great captains, but Walsh, Streak, Imran, Willis, Wasim all (I think) did it for a while

Cummins is so good, it debatable who your best test player is imo

anyway, hope he goes well

Smug Panther

First Grade
Good choice, and no reason why a quick can’t be skipper, he seems to tick the right boxes

none were necessarily great captains, but Walsh, Streak, Imran, Willis, Wasim all (I think) did it for a while

Cummins is so good, it debatable who your best test player is imo

anyway, hope he goes well
Lol No. We all love Paddy but Smith is the best since Bradman

hineyrulz

Post Whore
What happens when the selectors rotate Paddy out of the side?? We have 3 tough tours to the sub continent in the next 18 months. Smith was a naughty boy and can’t be captain but let’s name him Vice anyway??

If they’d made the decision to get him back into the leadership group may as well make him skipper. That said hopefully Paddy plays the next 50 tests straight and it’s never a problem.

JJ

Immortal
Lol No. We all love Paddy but Smith is the best since Bradman
I know the ICC rankings are just one approach, but on that Smith is the 2nd highest score all time... Cummins is 5th equal among bowlers (with McGrath and the highest ranked Australian)- I am not sure I agree with either ranking tbh but it's objective and any view I have is subjective, but I wouldn't underestimate how good Cummins is (for both I am talking solely tests)

Anyway, he's an awesome relentless quick bowler, and a good choice imo

billygilmore

Juniors
Honestly haven't watched any shield cricket in a really long time, hows he fair as captain at that level? Is he good at least tactically?