What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Paul Aiton - Congrats

Big Mick

Referee
I'd like to extend congratulations to Paul Aiton for a fantastic debut.

He made plenty of metres up the middle of the ruck....what everyone should have been doing the whole match.

He made some really good tackles.

If he gets dropped when Gower comes back...and is not on the bench as a great impact player then Lang has rocks in his head.

He was THE only one to give it a red hot go tonight.

I think he has huge potential as a player and its great that FINALLY we have someone made a debut and excelled.

He needs to have that #17 for the rest of the season...dummy half running win's competitions...he'd be dynamic

Big Mick

Referee
Another comment on Aiton.

He's the only one tonight I recall making a line break...he's made about 3. For a little guy he is tough...and extremely quick around the middle of the ruck.

He NEEDS to be in the team next week...#17.

cainen

Juniors
He's a livewire and impressed me a lot. I'm tipping he will be back in premier league next week...just as Preston will be defending on the wing.

Caged Panther

First Grade
There are only three guys out of that debacale that should hold their heads high. Ation, Gordon and Youngquest.

And as I've said elsewhere IMO it all came down to attitude. IF the rest of the team had the same attitude as Ation they would have been supporting his runs. We might have scored a few more points again.

It was a fantastic debut for ation in an abysmal display by the team and he certainly deserves to be in the 17 next week.

Big Mick

Referee
IMO Gordon did nothing....he didn't touch the ball till the 43rd minute and didn't make a tackle till the 32nd...

Youngquest was ok...but letting the ball bounce on the kickoff is unacceptable...but he did well putting pressure on Albert to make him miss the first try.

Caged Panther

First Grade
Big Mick © said:
IMO Gordon did nothing....he didn't touch the ball till the 43rd minute and didn't make a tackle till the 32nd...

Youngquest was ok...but letting the ball bounce on the kickoff is unacceptable...but he did well putting pressure on Albert to make him miss the first try.

Youngquest was the only thing that prevented Penrith from being camped on our 10m line for the entire 2nd half. Admittedly his efforts only saw us getting to the 30m line but then again it's not his job to go rucking the ball out. That belongs to the fowards who were walking back on side on the 3rd tackle 5 mins into the 2nd half.

As for gordon, your right he didn't do anything spectacular but he was at least solid, which was better than most of the rest of the team.

Big Mick

Referee
not arguing that..i'd rather either in Hookey's spot.

I didn't understand why Newton wasn't given a shot considering Gordon played wing the entire season thus far and Newton's been going well...

Caged Panther

First Grade
I don't know either. We went out specifically at the end of last year to buy promising young players to beef up our depth and then we don't use them?? What the hell is the point.

You know I'm still miffed as to why Penrith didn't give lang at least a chance to say yay or nay to next season and beyond. But over the last few weeks I'm really starting to wonder if we don't need a change?

Slappy

Juniors
I was impressed with Aiton as well.
Definitely earned himself a spot on the bench for next week.

BWNB

First Grade
No offence boys but he was the only one that looked to break our line today...

The Tank

Bench
I thought both Aiton and Youngquest played well. Nick stuffed up the kickoff but I recall seeing him take the ball up twice in one set on 2 occassions. He tried hard and got smashed.

But Aiton was outstanding. It'll be great to have such an attacking spark from the bench (well hopefully).

choc_soldier

Coach
I agree with everyone here - Aiton was the only one who could hold his head up high last night... and this kid was on debut!

He looked dangerous all the time, jinking his way around defenders to get over the advantage line and make something happen - but there was usually nowhere there to support him.

He should be on the bench next week - but he'll be dropped.

Munky

Coach
I thought Aiton was excellent.

Youngyuest and Gordon played well in defence. Gordon brought done verything throw at him which I was pleased to see since he is a little bloke.

choc_soldier

Coach
I don't think he'll play because Priddo is seen as an 80 minute player - but surely he can be moved somewhere else in the pack. Having fresh legs running out of dummy half has been proven to be a run away success.

But will we catch on? I'm not holding my breath.

Caged Panther

First Grade
John Lang like to play big men on the bench. I don't think that is about to suddenly change. Unless injuries see him get more gameplan you won't see him on the bench until next year.

Fibroman

First Grade
Maybe a 'coach' should be considering him for the 1/2 or 5/8 position down the track. That would take coaching though.

Mish

Juniors
Yes, well done Aiton, I think he put his all in and did well on his first run.

King Panther

Juniors
i thought gordon looked good. yes he didnt do much but when he got the ball he looked strong and very solid in defense, he has good hands.

Latest posts