What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

News Paul Kent incidents - domestic abuse charges dismissed, street fight

Jackie Treehorn

Juniors
He said at the start that the bloke shit talked him when he walked past and that's what provoked it. If you are a high profile person who has made a career out of shit talking people in the media, best not to go out drinking if you can't handle the same thing.
Who goes out drinking and fighting at age 54 anyway? Just stay home and have a beer like the rest of us old farts.

Players get provoked quite a bit and almost always stay composed.

James Graham spoke at length about it a few years ago.

I think Kenty needs some mental health or psychological support.

We’ve all been out with hotheads, the drink changes them and it gets lame.

I’m not saying he was under the influence, I don’t know but he sure looked angry.

King hit

Coach
Who goes out drinking and fighting at age 54 anyway? Just stay home and have a beer like the rest of us old farts.
I work with some blokes that are around that age but can really put on a great party and enjoy themselves. Was at one of them last night. Live music, dancing, beers, footy on tv and a nice bbq. And everyone leaves with a smile on their face. These guys aren’t f**ks like Kent so everyone enjoys being around them.

butchmcdick

Immortal
He said at the start that the bloke shit talked him when he walked past and that's what provoked it. If you are a high profile person who has made a career out of shit talking people in the media, best not to go out drinking if you can't handle the same thing.

There seems to be this odd undercurrent here that if you’ve had a few and someone says something mean to you it’s a green light to punch on regardless of the consequences

if Kent walks away here like everyone was telling him to he keeps his job, his dignity etc and this is just a story of some dickhead having a go on a night out

Wizardman

First Grade
Players get provoked quite a bit and almost always stay composed.

James Graham spoke at length about it a few years ago.

I think Kenty needs some mental health or psychological support.

We’ve all been out with hotheads, the drink changes them and it gets lame.

I’m not saying he was under the influence, I don’t know but he sure looked angry.
If you are a high-profile person, you simply need to think about where you go, who you hang around with and how you handle alcohol in public. It is pretty much essential for keeping your job.

He shouldn’t make a statement at this point.

I guess he’d know that already.

Even if none of the witnesses want to spear him, the video is out there.

Wizardman

First Grade
There seems to be this odd undercurrent here that if you’ve had a few and someone says something mean to you it’s a green light to punch on regardless of the consequences

if Kent walks away here like everyone was telling him to he keeps his job, his dignity etc and this is just a story of some dickhead having a go on a night out
I've never had a night out fight in my life. But my goodness, there have been plenty of occasions where if I said or did something stupid, it could have well and truly led to one. All he had to do was deescalate and move away.

Generalzod

Immortal
What might do him in is that went back for a confrontation, then the awful lunge.

Hard to raise self defence.

Can’t raise provocation as a defence.

Can’t believe how dumb he is tbh. He’s a mug. See how he lost his shit? Loose cannon.

Hopefully his job is still open at the funeral home.
How ironic that he was on the show last week complaining about an altercation 2 players had walking back in their sheds...

butchmcdick

Immortal
I've never had a night out fight in my life. But my goodness, there have been plenty of occasions where if I said or did something stupid, it could have well and truly led to one. All he had to do was deescalate and move away.

But but some random he doesn’t know said something mean to him ….

In the end there is no advantage if I’m Kent in engaging in a street fight particularly when everyone has cameras

Latest posts