What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Paul Stringer

Pazza

First Grade
What a top buy! I rate this guy so highly. He was a top prop at the Northern Eagles and was sort after by the Bulldogs along with Mark O'Merley. Unfortunately for Paul he made a bad career decision and went to Souths.

The guy is built like webcke and dead set has a great work rate for a man his size.

Season 2003, 17 games
Adverage per match
Hitups: 15
Tackles: 20
Metres: 135
Offloads: 29

I really think he will ease pressure off Hindmarsh and Cayless to allow them to participate more in attacking plays rather than doing the dirty work all by themselves, which is going to be great for Parramatta's attacking game. I was really hoping parra would get him and i am so glad they did.

HRVTSKA

Juniors
Imagine if we sign Morrison aswell.....This may see Hindmarsh of old when he used to make 50-60 mtr runs to score trys....cant wait till see

mickdo

Coach
I really like the offload stat there... something we have sadly missed this year.

newmanj

Juniors
Season 2003, 17 games
Adverage per match
Hitups: 15
Tackles: 20
Metres: 135
Offloads: 29

I find it hard to believe he could offload 29 times from 15 hitups. :lol:

Hurriflatch

Referee
No it's quite possible

He passes twice each time he has the ball to make up for Wagon never passing.

Hurriflatch

Referee
I knew Wagon's offloads went someone some fool at nrlstats gave all Wags offloads to Stringer thats why Smithy signed him

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
I'm not too excited until I see him reproduce his old form

he has stacked on a bit, and has had a few injuries

lets hope he comes good for us

Eelementary

Post Whore
I don't really know much about Stringer, or Robinson.

But I do know OF them, and everywhere I look they are rated as pretty big names. So I guess I'm excited.

Another few reasons I am happy to see Robinson back are:

* He played for the Chooks, so has that winning culture

* He has the Sydney defensive technique, which he can tach us to adjust ours

* He's an ex-Eel. They are always welcome (apart from Kusto, Carrige and Bradley-Qalilawa)

Pazza

First Grade
Well Stringer was as good as O'Merley while they were back at the eagles. Stringer was sort after by the Bulldogs with O'Merley but Stringer decided on Souths instead of the dogs. A very bad career decision i think.

Matta

Juniors
The thing about Stringer is that he's lost a bit of speed. And if he gets injured then well another one for the table. And don't we have enough props already (Vella, Cannings, Cayless, Tsoulos, Armit, Stapleton, Cordoba, Curtis)? But Robinson's a good buy.

JessEel

Accredited Media Releases
wasn't he the souths player that got in trouble because he called his team 'dumb'?

"we're not bad players, just dumb!"

CrazyEel

Bench
Stringer, Ridell and Cannings would surely make up the biggest front row in the comp! With Hindmarsh, Cayless and Morrison behind them it would be one of the all time monster packs if they were all on the field at the same time.

Pazza

First Grade
Stringer is big but he is willing to work. There is nothing worse than 120 kg props that are slow of the defencive line and hardly take any hitups.

Pazza

First Grade
CrazyEel said:
Stringer, Ridell and Cannings would surely make up the biggest front row in the comp! With Hindmarsh, Cayless and Morrison behind them it would be one of the all time monster packs if they were all on the field at the same time.

Cannings 115kg
Riddell 96kg
Stringer 112kg
Hindmarsh 106kg
Cayless 103kg
Morrison 103kg

Total = 635kg

Misty Bee

First Grade
Matta, bar Cannings, which one of those props is going to keep Stringer in the reggies?

I'm wondering where this leaves Vella.