What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Paul Vaughan

JubileeJeffro

Juniors
At the end of the day as the ring leader he needed to be punished if they are truly trying to change the culture. Add this $800k with Normans $800k and this turns us into a significant player in the player market for 2022/23. I expect some announcements imminently..
Maybe Su’a, TPJ, Hopoate and Mbye could all become realities…

George Dragon

Juniors
Allegations of a sexting scandal have emerged as one of three behavioural strikes against St George Illawarra star Paul Vaughan that prompted the Dragons to sack him on Tuesday.

The Dragons have torn up the $800,000-a-year contract of the 30-year-old prop after an emergency board meeting to discuss the revelations that police had broken up a party that was in breach of NSW COVID-19 regulations at his property on Saturday night.

Paul Vaughan was also involved in a texting scandal that saw him breached by the Dragons.

Paul Vaughan was also involved in a texting scandal that saw him breached by the Dragons.CREDIT:NRL PHOTOS

Sources with knowledge of the situation told the Herald the house party was Vaughan’s third strike at the club, the veteran front-rower having received an official warning for his alleged conduct in a sexting incident dating back about 18 months.

The second strike came last year when he breached the NRL’s biosecurity bubble when he was caught going to a cafe in contravention to the NRL’s COVID-19 protocols. He was fined $10,000 and stood down for two weeks for the incident.

Walpole

Juniors
I've never commented in here before -Though quite a few on other forums are laughing that your Club is sacking fining and suspending you're better players! Sure they broke the "rules" but why have WE (not just those on this forum) allowed these rules to be set in the first place! If after over 15 months of media and Govt propaganda surely we can wake up to the fact that this to the majority of us is no more than a bad case of the flu at worst!
According to TGA, in 2021 there has been 1 death from Covid til June this year, even with a so called 'variant', yet close to 400 have died from the experimental Jab! Take this Jab and your part of their experiment! Time to question and end this BS now!
Who left the door open?

kit66

Bench
I don't think we will see him in the nrl for the rest of the season. No club would want the backlash for employing him. In the off season clubs will look at him when this dies down. Then again may end up eating my words

I don't know, 8 weeks is a long time in footy. It's unlikely but not inconceivable that Vaughan could play finals footy this year for another team. I don't think there's any legal reason he couldn't.
We've sacked players before only for them to secure employment elsewhere pretty quick - Fonua Blake. We've also signed and supported players who've found themselves in serious trouble with not just their clubs but the law - JDB, Packer.
He'll end up somewhere next year and play against us and all will be forgotten.

saints4ever

First Grade
And when he does the media will eat it up as Vaughan v Dragons.
JAC v Melbourne
Townsend v Sharks

Blah blah

thebigredv

First Grade
And when he does the media will eat it up as Vaughan v Dragons.
JAC v Melbourne
Townsend v Sharks

Blah blah
So true. Whatever sells when it comes down to it.

Can imagine the Ch 9 pre-game montage. Vaughan standing over the barbeque, a steely look in his eyes and the mandatory arms folded. Then Phil Gould chimes in "Canberra born and raised. He just wanted wanted to cook some sausages but his club had a fire of its own..."

The calm one

Juniors
I've never commented in here before -Though quite a few on other forums are laughing that your Club is sacking fining and suspending you're better players! Sure they broke the "rules" but why have WE (not just those on this forum) allowed these rules to be set in the first place! If after over 15 months of media and Govt propaganda surely we can wake up to the fact that this to the majority of us is no more than a bad case of the flu at worst!
According to TGA, in 2021 there has been 1 death from Covid til June this year, even with a so called 'variant', yet close to 400 have died from the experimental Jab! Take this Jab and your part of their experiment! Time to question and end this BS now!
It has got nothing to do whether you agree with Covid restrictions or not.
After the game every player was told buy the coach, stay at home no party.
So what do these morons do, the opposite. They deserve what they get.

Lats13

Juniors
Good point kit66. But honestly this season his play hasn't backed up his name. And this is the second time he's been caught. He seems to me to want to lead the boys but not show it as in discipline off field shows that.most clubs want a leader of men not boys. Same with jdb hiding under a bed really. If ur doing that u know ur in the wrong. Can't see any clubs touching him this season to be honest.

redandwhite4evr

Juniors
At the end of the day as the ring leader he needed to be punished if they are truly trying to change the culture. Add this $800k with Normans $800k and this turns us into a significant player in the player market for 2022/23. I expect some announcements imminently..
Maybe Su’a, TPJ, Hopoate and Mbye could all become realities…
If I were De Belin, I'd be buying myself a lottery ticket- very lucky boy after deceiving and then embarrassing the club so badly.

redVinme

Bench
I’m too pissed off to watch. I’m sure someone on here will summarise it later. f**king Vaughan, one of my favourite dragons, now a big f**king muppet. How dare you treat the red V like this. Go get f**ked

To be honest. It was pointless. Talked in circles and saved face for perspective future employers. Every answer was a circle to sorry again. Kept saying "wish it didn't happen" which isnt accountability at all. Threw in a few tears. Real dumb merkin

redv13

Bench
To be honest. It was pointless. Talked in circles and saved face for perspective future employers. Every answer was a circle to sorry again. Kept saying "wish it didn't happen" which isnt accountability at all. Threw in a few tears. Real dumb merkin
Thanks mate. Wasn’t expecting much. For a senior bloke who has played origin, for his country and nearly 200 fg games I’d expect some form of leadership. It’s nrl, not A grade for Dapto

thebigredv

First Grade
I’m too pissed off to watch. I’m sure someone on here will summarise it later. f**king Vaughan, one of my favourite dragons, now a big f**king muppet. How dare you treat the red V like this. Go get f**ked

I didn't buy it for a second. Didn't hear a proper sorry to the club only the NRL. We went through this in 2020. I feel like it was to serve his self interest, more or less an interview for his next suitor.

May be harsh but that's how I interpreted it.

Latest posts