What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Paul Whatuira

tiger78

Juniors
I think Paul is a pretty good player, Probably quashes any thoughts of Beji playing in the centres in 2005. Elford and Whatiura in the centres would probably work ok with Benji and Prince in the halves.
Still hoping we get some news on some forwards :shock:

ozcrusader

Bench
Collis, Elford, Halatau, Fitzhenry, Wilson are all centres.

I can understand if we bought a gun player like Pritchard or Hegarty.

But why the hell Whatuira?

simon says

First Grade
Collis...untried at top level/
Elford...not bad.
Fitzy...useless.
Wilson...having a shocker this year.

Whaituira......better than all those blokes,and a Kiwi international......

I know everyone wants forwards,well hang on,they will get some,its no use whining about it,contracts take time.I want forwards too,but there is no use slagging off on Whaituira is a good player,certainly better than anyone we have got atm.

Cheers.

ozcrusader

Bench
simon says said:
Collis...untried at top level

So why not give him a go? Thats what juniors are for!

Elford...not bad

Elford has been ok this year.

Fitzy...useless.

:lol: Fitzhenry is one of the better centres we have at this club. He has pace, acceleration and is an excellent hole runner. He belongs at centre. He is only useless because Sheens insists on playing him out of position at winger, five eigth or half!

Wilson...having a shocker this year.

Again, Wilson hasnt been playing much of centre. He is not a five eigth.

Point being...Whatuira is an average player who will add nothing to the club. We have depth in this position. We need forwards. Why waste our money? As for being a Kiwi international.....pffffttt...

ozcrusader

Bench
Halatau has been playing at centre...

He can't defend very well there and needs to play in the second row. He is the only forward we have who runs straight and hard.

I think Whatuira would be a handy player to get at the club. I wonder if some people on this forum have actually seen this guy play. I think he goes pretty well,runs the ball hard like Deano Halatau and can find the tryline. If the rumours are true i'd be happy to have him at the club. I'm disappointed that Covell has left the club but he deserves to have a crack at first grade and with Hodgson in the side kicking so well that was never going to happen. I just hope Simon is right and we get some decent forwards at the club

_A_J_Gray_

Juniors
This signing doesnt excite me at all.

Whatuira is just another "solid player" , who will be there probably for most of the year next season (considering this singing is true) and not doing anything special but yet not make any mistakes.

Even if he was cheap I think it is a wasted signing. Im all for signing a centre, but only if he adds 'spark' in attack, which none of our backs really can - and neither can Whatuira.

Spike

First Grade
Whatuira is an average centre at best. Money could have been better spent elsewhere,

Tigerpete

Juniors
I dont think Whatuira would be the worst signing, it would probably be a sign that players like Miles and obviously Covell arent going to remain although Whatuira is a centre.

Wrighty79

Juniors
Wet Cat and Cheese said:
If Moodie leaves, Richards is going to be our only Winger :shock:

(that is assuming we'll piss Miles off)

How about playing Simon Greally as our 'winger' who gets a roving commision in attack, but defends on the wing? That would work.

Vicious

Bench
Joel said:
Wet Cat and Cheese said:
If Moodie leaves, Richards is going to be our only Winger :shock:

(that is assuming we'll piss Miles off)

How about playing Simon Greally as our 'winger' who gets a roving commision in attack, but defends on the wing? That would work.
Greally is good and very quick.There is also Jermaine Alberts who i`m pretty sure has already scored more than 20 tries in Balmains Flegg side that is currently running 2nd.

He'd be a good buy for sure - i remember watching a QLD cup game on telly a few weeks ago and he picked up one of the opposition players and slammed him - and this guy was a forward!

Wrighty79

Juniors
Good News so far... Late afternoon (1652) and yet to hear anything about signing Paul Whaturia. Let's hope this continues!!!

daslacker

Juniors
I don't mind him as a player but this is a position we don't need to
consintrate on.

But if we get him...

Trollhammaren

Juniors
Whatauira would probably be our best centre, be first picked there. But yes, we need a couple of forwards also!