What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Payne Haas' mother in crash on GC - three dead, she survived

aqua_duck

Coach
Fantastic jounalism yet again, the article states " Zeda Haas was found unconscious at a Gaven home owned by parents regor Haas and Uiatu “Joan” Taufua. Then down the bottom states "Meanwhile, Ms Taufua remains in jail after she was charged with manslaughter, dangerous operation of a motor vehicle, drink-driving, evade police and unlicensed driving following a crash that claimed the lives of three people in December.". So his mum found him but his mum also remains in Jail. Great writing
Not sure how you came to that conclusion, I read it as he was found (not sure by whom) at a home owned by his parents.

Just on Haas’ family, obviously all the stuff with his mum has been well publicised but his uncle mark Taufua (mum’s brother) who played just under 100 first grade games for Newcastle and Cronulla is also no stranger to police.

Given all the family dramas going on in the background I’m amazed Payne Haas has managed to not let it distract him

borisdog

Juniors
Fantastic jounalism yet again, the article states " Zeda Haas was found unconscious at a Gaven home owned by parents regor Haas and Uiatu “Joan” Taufua. Then down the bottom states "Meanwhile, Ms Taufua remains in jail after she was charged with manslaughter, dangerous operation of a motor vehicle, drink-driving, evade police and unlicensed driving following a crash that claimed the lives of three people in December.". So his mum found him but his mum also remains in Jail. Great writing
I think you've maybe missed the words "owned by" in the article.

As in ".....was found unconscious at a Gaven home OWNED by parents ..............."

First Grade
Not sure how you came to that conclusion, I read it as he was found (not sure by whom) at a home owned by his parents.

Just on Haas’ family, obviously all the stuff with his mum has been well publicised but his uncle mark Taufua (mum’s brother) who played just under 100 first grade games for Newcastle and Cronulla is also no stranger to police.

Given all the family dramas going on in the background I’m amazed Payne Haas has managed to not let it distract him
I sir am an idiot

moffla

Bench
Desperately sorry for Payne. If being at the Broncos means he has a strong support network, then I'm glad he's landed a megadeal to stick around. Hopefully the delinquents in his family don't see a single cent.

Generalzod

Immortal
Desperately sorry for Payne. If being at the Broncos means he has a strong support network, then I'm glad he's landed a megadeal to stick around. Hopefully the delinquents in his family don't see a single cent.
It's a bit ironic to see a club like the Broncos paying overs for a player, normally we where told that players like tacking a paycut to play at the Broncos.

borisdog

Juniors
100%.

It must be a nightmare for the bloke, or anyone, when you're doing well and a good proportion of your direct family are grubs.

THE CHAMP

First Grade
When one of the delinquents is his mother I doubt it.

I have heard rumours about the family. These involved incidents more severe than what we have seen on TV.

Now that Payne is on the big bucks they can afford better legal representation.
This however is unfortunate for society.
If you don't like it stiff shit

Chief_Chujo

First Grade
Sad stuff for Payne. You really have to credit the blokes character given what we're learning about his family and the environment he must have grown up in.

Generalzod

Immortal
With all that pressure put upon by his own family I'm amased he plays so well, maybe playing the games is an escape mechanism for him.