What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Payne Haas' mother in crash on GC - three dead, she survived

Unbelievable. Deportation
We’ve promised him consular assistance. I guess he gets a Lonely Planet guide to death row in Kerobokan.

They don’t shoot them there of course, they take them away in the early morning darkness on a bus to some island, march them, the blind fold and execute them by firing squad.

With all the legal checks and balances that corruption and south East Asian politics offers.

All of which can be safely circumvented by not becoming involved with mexican drug cartels and distributing drugs within SE Asia.
No, safely circumvented by paying off the officials and supporting el presidente and his purple campaign workers.

Afterall, they helped you import the shite…

Last edited:

Generalzod

Immortal
We’ve promised him consular assistance. I guess he gets a Lonely Planet guide to death row in Kerobokan.

They don’t shoot them there of course, they take them away in the early morning darkness on a bus to some island, march them, the blind fold and execute them by firing squad.

With all the legal checks and balances that corruption and south East Asian politics offers.
Oh well at least it’s in a tropical paradise surroundings lol

Last edited:

Wizardman

First Grade
You haven’t answered the question Sir.

Assuming the charges are well founded and he is convicted, does he deserve to be put to death or not?

Yes or no?

The AFP’s role in the Bali nine was scandalous, it was a disgrace and they apologised.

Is it the AFP’s job to uphold laws in countries that make homosexuality illegal? Of course not.

But on your argument, they are expected to stamp out crime aren’t they?

They should have no role whatsoever in facilitating state sanctioned murder, which is illegal in this country.

That they still can’t connect the dots, or simply wash heir hands of the consequences-is shameful, negligent and reckless. They aren’t upholding the laws of this country, they are upholding laws of others.
To answer your question, if Haas was a drug mule, then I would personally say no. If Haas is high up the drug chain in regard to connections, then I honestly don't care if he lives or dies. If they give Hass a prison sentence, I won't whinge. If they execute him, I won't whinge either....it is their judicial system. You referred to El Chapo earlier.....that prick honestly does not deserve to breathe. I still say this.....Haas knew the risks....but with his lack of respect for their laws, he took them on and he lost anyway.

You seem to underestimate the damage drug dealing does to our community. These people make a great living off a lot of misery. We go to work and make an honest living. Haas does the opposite. As long as Haas gets heavily punished, I will not lose sleep over him either way.

As for the AFP, law enforcement in countries need to work together. Both the Bali 9 and Haas have broken the laws of OTHER countries (as well as our own). To ask other countries to virtually give them a free pass and let them into Australia is absolute crap.....it is up to those countries on whether to charge these people, not ours.

I have no issue with the AFP's conduct at all.

Vlad59

Juniors
To answer your question, if Haas was a drug mule, then I would personally say no. If Haas is high up the drug chain in regard to connections, then I honestly don't care if he lives or dies. If they give Hass a prison sentence, I won't whinge. If they execute him, I won't whinge either....it is their judicial system. You referred to El Chapo earlier.....that prick honestly does not deserve to breathe. I still say this.....Haas knew the risks....but with his lack of respect for their laws, he took them on and he lost anyway.

You seem to underestimate the damage drug dealing does to our community. These people make a great living off a lot of misery. We go to work and make an honest living. Haas does the opposite. As long as Haas gets heavily punished, I will not lose sleep over him either way.

As for the AFP, law enforcement in countries need to work together. Both the Bali 9 and Haas have broken the laws of OTHER countries (as well as our own). To ask other countries to virtually give them a free pass and let them into Australia is absolute crap.....it is up to those countries on whether to charge these people, not ours.

I have no issue with the AFP's conduct at all.
Great post. My family is dealing with frigging drugs right now. No sympathy at all. It’s evil.

No one is championing illicit drugs, this is about the use of the death penalty and dodgy legal systems.

If you can’t trust these legal processes, why would anyone agree with the ultimate penalty?

@Wizardman shouldnt put thoughts to me “ you seem to underestimate..” where’s your basis for that? Tell me where I suggested that?

The AFP shouldn’t be involved in measures that could result in the state sanctioned murder of people overseas, morally and especially because it’s illegal for governments to kill people here.

The Australian parliament has outlawed it, the AFP should obey our laws, you’d think that’s their first priority.

Once you let governments kill their own people by the judiciary, all bets are off.

The drug war is lost, it’s about focusing on demand as much as supply. Getting people off the shite. Sadly, there will always be people ready to step down and exploit people for their own gain.

And people might take a deep breath and look at the damage done to society by legal alcohol consumption and gambling of course.

Last edited: