What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Payne Haas' mother in crash on GC - three dead, she survived

firechild

First Grade
He hasn’t even been found guilty under a proper legal system.

You saying what I was intending is entirely speculative and inadmissible in any reasonable decision making process.

The end result could be death by a firing squad, which on the circumstances, I maintain amounts to murder.
Yeah, I guess I gave you too much credit, you're obviously just an idiot.

State sanctioned execution by definition is not murder. It doesn't matter how you want to spin it, you don't get to make up your own definition of words.

If you want to debate the concept of capital punishment, I'm right there with you. I don't think it should still be used. However, it is the law in that country and if people are found guilty of crimes there, then they potentially face that penalty.

State sanctioned execution by definition is not murder. It doesn't matter how you want to spin it, you don't get to make up your own definition of words.

If you want to debate the concept of capital punishment, I'm right there with you. I don't think it should still be used. However, it is the law in that country and if people are found guilty of crimes there, then they potentially face that penalty.
Predicating half baked philosophy on ad hominem. lols

Synonyms of murder - assassinate, execute, kill, and slay etc . The taking of human life by another human being. State sanctioned lawfulness of the act does not alter morality.

The irony of you - a carnival barking fool, calling someone else an idiot is no doubt lost on you.

Sir, you’ve already submitted to this thread that you have the ability to read peoples minds.

Then you keep on with your personal abuse as a means of justifying your argument.

I’m not sure I can take my opinion of your argument any higher than that generously provided by @Dr Dr Gimedanews.

Where you are against the death penalty, you should simply say so and dispense with your Blackadder dictionary antics.

Which I doubt you will, owing to your extreme fondness for your evident derangement of mind.

And according to @firechilds definition, if our parliament/s passed laws to summarily kill everyone reaching the age of 40, or every person in a wheelchair etc -that’s not murder.

It just doesn’t work.

And to the topic at hand, let’s not pretend that the Philippines or Indonesia have proper legal systems with all of the checks and balances we have.

And more importantly by a long way, the sanctity and importance of a human life.

Yours, mine and indeed Mr Haas, whether he’s committed any crime or not.

Those are my thoughts, whether anybody agrees, is a matter for them.

Last edited:
When everybody disagrees with you and thinks you are a nob there is a good chance you are wrong and also a nob.
you and a conga line of dimwitted dumb and dumber does not equate to "everybody".

When everybody that agrees with you is a nob there is a good chance you are also a nob.

firechild

First Grade
Sir, you’ve already submitted to this thread that you have the ability to read peoples minds.
No, I said from the start that there was a possible alternative, I then went on to concede that the alternative seemed more likely to be true.
Then you keep on with your personal abuse as a means of justifying your argument.

I’m not sure I can take my opinion of your argument any higher than that generously provided by @Dr Dr Gimedanews.
Your mate Gimedanews showed that he uses a thesaurus to work out the definition of words, I'm not sure he's the intellectual champion you're looking for.
Where you are against the death penalty, you should simply say so and dispense with your Blackadder dictionary antics.

Which I doubt you will, owing to your extreme fondness for your evident derangement of mind.
I simply think words have meanings and to communicate effectively with each other, having a common understanding of what words means is a pretty reasonable starting point. This is the oxford dictionary definition of murder, notice that is refers specifically to the unlawful killing of a person? You can make up your own definition for whatever word you want, but don't expect people to engage with you in good faith when you do.
And according to @firechilds definition, if our parliament/s passed laws to summarily kill everyone reaching the age of 40, or every person in a wheelchair etc -that’s not murder.
Except that there are also international laws that sit above that. There are no laws at any level that prevent Indonesia or any other country from executing criminals in the manner they do. Abortion is not murder, euthanasia is not murder and capital punishment is not murder. It's quite simple. You can call it immoral, unethical or plenty of other words but murder it absolutely is not.

Exactly. You tried to define the word murder by using synonyms. It's a stupid thing to do, glad you agree.
An inability to formulate very basic concepts - please dont have kids.

The systematic extermination of the Jewish people post Hitler proclamation was not murder correct? Capital punishment for being Jewish?.

Lawful killing of American natives in certain states in the U.S ? Not murder .....Capital punishment for being a native?.

The historical and present day list of state sanctioned murder throughout the world is long and varied.

The systematic extermination of the Jewish people post Hitler proclamation was not murder correct? Capital punishment for being Jewish?.

Lawful killing of American natives in certain states in the U.S ? Not murder .....Capital punishment for being a native?.

The historical and present day list of state sanctioned murder throughout the world is long and varied.

Dictionaries are useful for certain things…but not for excusing murder.

firechild

First Grade

Well, you didn't know the definition of murder so it's not surprising that you don't know the definition of capital punishment. What the Nazis did certainly wasn't lawful, hence the trials for war crimes following the war. I already mentioned international law, your comprehension is no better than your logic.

Indeed, there was never any logic to begin with. That would require intellect.
If he knew his history, he’d know that there were a number of German judges who simply refused to uphold Nazi laws, quit the bench and some were even executed for their trouble. Heroes.

As for international laws supremacy over domestic laws….um…let’s not go there.

Last edited:

_Johnsy

Referee
A thesaurus for definition of words? Not the sharpest tool in da shed hey buddy. Concepts are a bridge too far yeh.
Nick Offerman Smile GIF