What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Peachey

brooksy19

Bench
As a Rugby League fan I'd be very dissapointed if he wasn't picked for a farewell game given Merrit is on the Disabled list.

He still looked the goods in PL on Sunday, would be a very sad way to see a genuine nice guy of League go out in PL.

SSFC Hitman

Juniors
He still looked the goods??? IMO he looked a little slow and his mind not entirely there but I agree that he should be picked. It is no-brainer we have no other options...but if he gets picked it won't and shouldn't be for sympathy or one last hurrah it should be form and even though to me he didn't look that flash...he looked reasonable and compared to these options...

1. Talanoa
2. Gordon/Hegs
4.Heg/Gordon

OR

1. Simmonds

OR

1. Talanoa
2. Simmonds
4. Gordon

The option of Merritt out and Peach in is a hell of alot better. I don't think he will add much to the side but unlike the other options he won't take anything away.

I thought add to be perfectly honest whatever JT does I will be happy with though because he I believe knows what he is doing.

Dragon

Coach
Yeah would love to see Peachey have one more shot at finals footy. He is a big game player and we may just see some of that old brilliance.

The Preacher

First Grade
The Camden Leisure Pirate said:
Hegarty and Simmonds are liabilities simple as that, he has to play.

Reece Simmonds a liability ???? That is nothing more than horsesh1t !!!

You've been at sea for too long Pirate, Reece is as safe as a nun's nasty, and more than capable of filling the void left by Merritts injury. He defends well, is safe under the high ball, has a good kicking game and has deceptive pace. A liability, I think not.

Dazzat

First Grade
Too many 'directors' and not enough actors if Peachey plays .... Williams, Smith and Rogers. Peach may not suit coach Taylor's plans, regardless of how well he's playing.

paulp

Juniors
The Preacher said:
Reece Simmonds a liability ???? That is nothing more than horsesh1t !!!

You've been at sea for too long Pirate, Reece is as safe as a nun's nasty, and more than capable of filling the void left by Merritts injury. He defends well, is safe under the high ball, has a good kicking game and has deceptive pace. A liability, I think not.

Thats you isn't it Reece

Wilco

Juniors
I don't agree with it but this afternoon I think you will see:

1. Talanoa
2. Hegarty
3. Gordon
4. Vagana
5. Mellor

With Peach to play out his days in PL.

perverse

Referee
Peachey is a great footballer and a great bloke. I had the pleasure of working with his charity (and himself) and i must say the bloke is a true gentleman of the game. I would love to see him participate in a swansong finals series - he deserves it... and i strongly doubt he would let anyone down.

Either way he gets to play a final series, We Got Nothing To Lose This Week In Playing Peachey, Peachey Certainly wont be a liability, very safe under the high ball, and adds an extra playmaker to the fold, Merritt is a ballrunner, Peachey this year has been an extra five eighth to us, I think he will give us plenty of more attacking options.

If his game doesnt Coincide with JTs Game Plans, then he will still be playing Finals Footy.

S.S.T.I.D

Bench
Dazzat said:
Too many 'directors' and not enough actors if Peachey plays .... Williams, Smith and Rogers. Peach may not suit coach Taylor's plans, regardless of how well he's playing.

As it turns out, you are more than likely right. That is the only sense I can make of his omission.

jamesgould

Juniors
That is puzzling ... I can understand building for the future, but with injuries hitting and a finals spot on the line, you'd think Peachey's experience would come in very handy.

girvie

Staff member
morri (cWo) said:
everyone get down to nth syd oval this friday to watch the magic man

Yeah that is a great idea.

North Sydney Oval - 7pm.

A chance to farewell David Peachey.

And it should be a good match because Canterbury are Minor Premiers and North Sydney are in pretty good form, winning 7 of their last 8 games.

Latest posts