What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Peachey's 250th game

Inferno

Coach
Apparently the Bunnies are letting all Shark season ticket holders for free this weekend to celebrate David Peachey's 250th game.

I think this is an outstanding gesture from the Bunnies, and if you having nothing else to do it would be great to go down and show your support to a wonderful player who gave us so much in his time with us.

Quigs

Immortal
I too think it is a wonderful gesture.

Good on you Peach.

Tiz a long way from the Park to Redfern but I will personally thank Gladiator Wussell and Homes for Rent when we cross paths.

Wonder if our mob will give free passes when Simmo plays his 250th first grade game.

Cheers
Declared Idiot #88 and Fat Controller
Quigs

Dave Q

Coach
Rest assured, we love the peach with all of our hearts.

No finer man has worn the jersey of South Sydney and he has been a significant contibutor to our recent good fortune.

He's not the fastest or strongest.

But he one of the game's sharpest and he has the biggest heart in the league.

All Sharks fans are very welcome as far as I am concerned.

Together we will celebrate this champion.

I have met David Peachey, he is one of my favourite players, a role model for my kid and I look up to him.

He is more than welcome in any house I live in and will be for so long as I walk this earth.

The Dodger

First Grade
Dave Q said:
Rest assured, we love the peach with all of our hearts.

No finer man has worn the jersey of South Sydney and he has been a significant contibutor to our recent good fortune.

He's not the fastest or strongest.

But he one of the game's sharpest and he has the biggest heart in the league.

All Sharks fans are very welcome as far as I am concerned.

Together we will celebrate this champion.

I have met David Peachey, he is one of my favourite players, a role model for my kid and I look up to him.

He is more than welcome in any house I live in and will be for so long as I walk this earth.

you brought a tear to my eye...

Dave Q

Coach
DPG said:
you brought a tear to my eye...

I wanted to convey the strength of my convictions on this one.

Hes very special to me and a whole lot of other people.

It was a dream come true when he signed up.

But he belongs to all of us.

Dave Q

Coach
millersnose said:
this peachey man love has just reached a new high

This thread is but a fitting and timely tribute to a legend.

And it also represents an especial and welcome adjoining of two great clubs, to honour the name of one man.

A man that has served our game with the highest of distinction.

250 games of unequalled excellence.

I saw first hand the rousing reception he got at Shark Park this year by both sets of fans.

You can keep your glamours and next best things, I prefer quality dunked in substance.

This thread is about a footballer who is unique, talented and captivating.

I dont think any other player in the game commands such respect or creates such enchantment.

I for one will not brook any unkindness uttered in the same breath as David Peachey.

My only hope is that when he retires, he stays prominent in league and continues to weave his spell upon us.

When speaking of the champions, one stands above them all.

His name is David Peachey.

Dave Q

Coach
I see no reason to hold back on the accolades on this occasion.

Regular viewers will know that I dont indulge myself in this type of thing too often.

This guy is the cats whiskers as far as I am concerned.

I remember the day I heard he had signed. I lept out of the car and raised a fist in sincere celebration.

And to this day... he has never failed me.

And he never fails to add that extra intangible dimension to the game.

Sleek, elusive, always in position and can bring the biggest player down with seemingly, no effort.

In person, he is kind, generous, polite and friendly.

He understands his reponsibility to fans of the game.

He has always put us first.

And for that, I am truly grateful.

A great occasion for a great man.
when it comes to the Peach i'm so fluffy i make fairy-floss look like toffee apple.
and i dont care :p

Quigs

Immortal
Dave Q said:

Does this mean that I am relegated to the rickety old Futon again....

Same thing happend last time Ziggy dropped in unannounced.... bastards.

Cheers
Declared Idiot #88 and Fat Controller
Quigs

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
Inferno said:
you cry rivers of tears as well?
I would the gumboots are to avoid the shyte dribbling.

Not that I agree.

Peachey is a great man and is still playing great, organising the defence, making try saving tackles and setting up tries.

I am glad I still get to see him play.

imasharkie

Coach
Dave on my first re visit to a Sharks home game in about 20 years I attended the presso and when we got the right to talk to the players my first point of place was to Peach. Got my wife to take a photo of me and the Peach( he put his arm on my shoulder) which to this day since that weekend has been my desk top wallpaper on this computer. I have met him a few times since that night and as he did then took time out to have a chat.

He's the champion and how good is it that he still performs in the top level after 250 games.

BEAUTIFUL

Dorsel

Juniors
Absolute champion....He was wandering thru the crowd at the lismore trail v eels a couple seasons ago...spent 3/4 of the game with us on the northern hill...signed auto's....had a coupla cigs....reckoned the purple blotch on his neck was a squash ball wound... lol....fair dinks...as regular and unassuming guy as you could ever wish to meet...he farkin loved the sharks.....personal moment I'll never forget...that try in the first 60 sec's v Broncs in the semi '97 (?) when he and Barnett linked up off the kick off....barely sat my sorry arse down on the seat before I was punchin' the sky.....YEAH!!!.....f**k that was a moment!!!

carcharias

Immortal
I love peach

...but fug that was funny when the warriors scored on the bell to win.

The look on Crowes face was beautiful.

That obstruction rule is a farce.

oh... I tipped the Warriors.