What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mitchell Pearce

Eddie.

Bench
Surely you have to bring him in? Love him or hate him he has the class and the toughness. He is probably NSW halfback for the net how ever many seasons and is already better then Kimmorley.

His performance for the Roosters tonight after a month out has been outstanding. Very sharp passing and excellent short and long kicking game and directing his forwards well. They have gone from looking like a rabble to very slick side tonight.

hybrid_tiger

Coach
Agreed 200%, put him there and f**king leave him there. I don't care if he has two or three sh*t games, he will eventually come good. He has spark, good vision, great kicking game, quick on his feet and quite deceptive strength too. More importantly he is CREATIVE, which is what we are missing.

In saying this, he will need his forwards to do the job and if they pick Perry and White again, they won't.

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
Queue the little man who was beat up in 4th grade by Mitchell.

hahahaha......what a wanker.

hybrid_tiger

Coach
Gaba? lol

Pearce is the only answer, give him a go and that doesn't mean dropping him after one or two games.

But we all know they'll probably pick Gidley at half before Pearce.

Gaba

First Grade
I made the comment in a previous post , i dont care who is in the nsw team , with Bellamy coaching nsw will lose.

Pearce is only a kicker and will not win games for the team , he isnt rated

TheDalek079

Bench
what a performance tonight by the youngster...fair dinkum he needs to play in SOO if NSW are to stand a chance

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
On queue.

When did he beat you up? 4th grade, 7th?

Steal your girl?

Clearly you know nothing about Rugby League, so what is it.

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
Apparently Kimmorley is better.

hahahhahaha

If you are a NSW selector.

Just like Gidley is a better fullback than Hanye............Josh Perry is Manly's best prop..............Steve Turner is origin quality..............the list goes on.

Gaba

First Grade
i know more then you, if you think pearce is going to change nsw.

The thing what will change nsw is a new coach with game plans.Until that happens nsw will not win.

timka4

Bench
Why? the current QLD team is the greatest SOO team of all time and you're scared of Pearce? LOL

because he is smart enough to know that we aren't too far behind QLD and any improvements to our team could threaten them more? well thats what i got out of it, thought it was pretty obvious

1 Eyed TEZZA

Coach
I picked him for Origin back in the trials. Still havent changed my opinion, but I am worried about taking him up to Suncorp with the series on the line.

JT_

Juniors
As an Easts fan, I prefer Pearce not being selected this year and to just focus on the Roosters. Don't want his head dropping like last time when he was put in the deep end.

AFAIK, Kimmorley did okay in game 1 and he should be the man to steer the guys around, not much point chopping and changing key positions in the middle of the series when he hasn't warranted being dropped.

Last edited:

benj4

Juniors
He won't change anything for you blokes if the forward pack doesn't improve.

If the selectors had any sense then they would pick the combination that won in game 3 last year. Barrett, Ennis and Kimmorley. They have proven that they can do the job if the forward pack dominates. With 5 series on the line I don't think now is the time to be trying yet another halves combination. Your forward pack is the major problem and that is where changes should be made.