What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Penalty Count??

ronstevo

Juniors
Can someone tell me what the penalty count was in the game vs the tigers?

I was absolutely filthy with the refereering performance and just want to confirm it. Can you please direct me to an official penalty count so I can winge with some kind of justification...

P.S. I dont give a sh*t if someone mentioned this in another thread. I obviously couldnt find it, so dont even farkin think about posting the usual "this was in another thread" crap....

:x

dragondad

First Grade
The second half was very frustrating. You couldn't put the penalties down to our stupid old ways - flops, leg pulls, lying too long in the tackle. The Tigers' supporter behind me said exactly what I was thinking - 'Does the ref want the Saints to win 1-12? This was not to mention the dodgy scrum feeds given to the Tigers and the decision not to go to the video for Brett Morris's last try. The whole half was really us getting loads of tackling practice. I thought we showed plenty of heart.

thommo4pm

Coach
The only decision they got correct against us in the 2nd half was the accidental offside in the 3rd minute, when the ball hit Morris's leg then bounced into Hornby then back to Morris.

The one that really got me boiling, and I was already pretty worked up, was when they penalised us down near the Tigers line. We had made 4 tackles and they had gone 10metres....De Las Haras penalised our right hand side defense even though the markers made the tackle and nobody was offside.
We were absolutely rorted in that second half last night.

LazyDreamer

Bench
...and the decision not to go to the video for Brett Morris's last try.

Any other team that appeals for a try & a video ref ruling is granted one. I mean, why would Morris (or Nightingale against the Titans) beg & plead for a VR ruling? Coz they know they scored! The one person that could be 100% sure last night was Morris. Why would he wasnt the video ref to look at it if he was trying top claim a dodgy?

Little power trips like this do nothing for the credibility of the officials...not that they've got any to start with. Wednesday night's game showed where our 'top' officials are at. Harrigan made two blatantly incorrect rulings, and as for the ref warning Farah about waving his hands about when Weyman was awarded a penalty - it happens every second tackle, every bloody game!

I just fear a sh*thouse ref ruling will cost us dearly at the end of the season.

That last try was a f**king joke I was f**king ropeable, deadset if that had cost us the game I would have killed somebody absolute f**king disgrace

tiger_nick

Bench
the ref kept us in the game. poor old timmy cant use his usual 'ill be speaking to robert finch during the week' bullsh*t line.

it was an emabarrassment we kept getting given the ball in good field position by the ref but still couldnt capitalise on it.

Slackboy72

Coach
Look you get some your way and some go against you. It happens.
What annoys me though is the held up ruling by the ref was on what he thought happened rather than what he saw happen. He was out of position so he should have gone upstairs. If he saw it (correctly or incorrectly) as held up then he should rule on it that way. If he didn't see it (and he didn't) then that is what the VR is for.

Other than that I thought no problems except for the Nightingale 'flop'. Very soft.

W.B.2.S.O.S

Juniors
That last try was a f**king joke I was f**king ropeable, deadset if that had cost us the game I would have killed somebody absolute f**king disgrace

Fire up Coppo.
You would think if the referee was saying no, but the touch judge was saying YES YES! they would be inclined to check. The other referee was in no position to make a judgement, but he could suggest they go upstairs. If morris doesnt get the most tries this season because of that mistake :crazy:

jpaciocco91

Juniors
I can't believe they didn't look at Morris' second. What if that cost us the match? Here would have come the bottles.....

jpaciocco91

Juniors
We need to stop giving away stupid penalties by lying around in tackles and having trouble getting onside. At the rate it happens you would think Brown was still coach. It is our only real weakness at the moment, hopefully Wayne can rectify this problem so it won't be an issue come finals time.

W.B.2.S.O.S

Juniors
Those refs thought we could afford a loss, since the tigers really needed one. They gave the tigers all the possession, but in the end realised their stupidity. You have to have more points to win, and with a terrible attack like the tigers and the defense of st george, that was the ball game.

Off topic, but did anyone notice Andrew Johns on friday night. Every time he spoke he said St George, and Ray was trying to add in the illawarra. After about 5 attempts they gave up.

AJ_82

Juniors
We need to stop giving away stupid penalties by lying around in tackles and having trouble getting onside. At the rate it happens you would think Brown was still coach. It is our only real weakness at the moment, hopefully Wayne can rectify this problem so it won't be an issue come finals time.

You know, we have actually been pretty good most of the year - lets not get too fussed about one game. Benny will be on to it during the week, and it didn't cost us 2 points so lets move on to Roast Chicken next Friday night!

Ribs

Bench

My bro and I had a bucket on Morris 1st try scorer onto Saints 13+.

If I see that worm ref I'm going to knock him out. Cheating little f*ckwit.

Latest posts